• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller closing in on deal?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks CD.

I still think Elway has a great pulse on the market for Oz. If they signed/negotiated in public with Oz right now, it would signal the end of Manning and I think they want Peyton to announce his end with the Broncos on his terms in 7-10 days.

Oh I agree that they can get something done in a hurry. I'm sure Elway has actually asked Osweiler's agent what he is wanting just hasn't exchanged an offer. I'm starting to think more and more though that there is a chance that the Broncos get Von Miller signed this week, Malik ends up getting tagged, and then they get Osweiler signed. My guess is Clady is gone and Ware possibly is gone depending if he takes a pay cut.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sticking to my guns that Clady is back and gets a new deal done.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree that they can get something done in a hurry. I'm sure Elway has actually asked Osweiler's agent what he is wanting just hasn't exchanged an offer. I'm starting to think more and more though that there is a chance that the Broncos get Von Miller signed this week, Malik ends up getting tagged, and then they get Osweiler signed. My guess is Clady is gone and Ware possibly is gone depending if he takes a pay cut.

I think Clady comes back. Not sure about Ware. I agree sign Von and tag Malik if necessary.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sticking to my guns that Clady is back and gets a new deal done.

I'm torn. Other than the injuries my last image of Clady is him just playing terribly. Now given the system they were running that year was terrible beyond belief so I guess I should give him a pass but to me it will depend on how much of a pay cut he is willing to take.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the top FA Olineman this year? Didn't Jabri Evans get released?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clady comes back. Not sure about Ware. I agree sign Von and tag Malik if necessary.

Elway today just said that he is meeting with the agent of Clady and Ware and then made sure to emphasize that he really wants Ware back. I don't think he mentioned Clady and wanting him back. Now maybe that was a way of making sure to emphasize to Clady's agent that they do expect a pay cut for him to stay where with Ware I could see the Broncos ask but if they say no then say "Hey no problem just thought we would ask...tell him see you for mini-camp."

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also a report out saying Malik and Denver maybe closer to a contract then people think.

Dunno what to believe during this time and all that, but we will see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the top FA Olineman this year? Didn't Jabri Evans get released?

There are some actually decent names hitting the FA market this year.

For the OT position you have
Cordy Glenn (possibly getting tagged or priced out of our limit)
Russell Okung (possibly priced out of our range)
Donald Penn (could be a decent 2-year fix at the LT spot)
Kelvin Beachum (Maybe my favorite choice)
Mitchell Schwartz (this is if they think Sambrailo can handle the LT spot)

Interior guys
Alex Mack
Kelechi Osemele (both of these guys are probably out of our price range)
Brandon Brooks
Alex Boone
Jeff Allen
Richie Incognito
Geoff Schwartz
Jahri Evans

Any of those below Osemele could be an option. Osemele maybe is an option at LT as did play the position last year for the Ravens and did well. Also has experience working with Kubiak at a high level. Otherwise we could see Vasquez cut and Osemele play the LG spot while Garcia plays the RG spot for the Broncos.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ware and Clady are both back, but I am still on the super bowl high!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also a report out saying Malik and Denver maybe closer to a contract then people think.

Dunno what to believe during this time and all that, but we will see.

I do know Elway/Mike Sullivan are at the same hotel for the Combine as that of Malik's agent and checked in at the same time. Could be a coincidence but usually when Elway actually makes an offer for a player it truly means they are going to push to keep them. Elway doesn't make an offer just for no reason. If he knows a player will cost too much he doesn't even bother.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some actually decent names hitting the FA market this year.

For the OT position you have
Cordy Glenn (possibly getting tagged or priced out of our limit)
Russell Okung (possibly priced out of our range)
Donald Penn (could be a decent 2-year fix at the LT spot)
Kelvin Beachum (Maybe my favorite choice)
Mitchell Schwartz (this is if they think Sambrailo can handle the LT spot)

Interior guys
Alex Mack
Kelechi Osemele (both of these guys are probably out of our price range)
Brandon Brooks
Alex Boone
Jeff Allen
Richie Incognito
Geoff Schwartz
Jahri Evans

Any of those below Osemele could be an option. Osemele maybe is an option at LT as did play the position last year for the Ravens and did well. Also has experience working with Kubiak at a high level. Otherwise we could see Vasquez cut and Osemele play the LG spot while Garcia plays the RG spot for the Broncos.

Would love to plug a stud LG into our line. If Ravens keep KO, would mean Eugene Monroe hits the market. Baltimore needs to create cap space.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me Clady at this point would be a damn cheap option or he packs his bags .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know Elway/Mike Sullivan are at the same hotel for the Combine as that of Malik's agent and checked in at the same time. Could be a coincidence but usually when Elway actually makes an offer for a player it truly means they are going to push to keep them. Elway doesn't make an offer just for no reason. If he knows a player will cost too much he doesn't even bother.

Yep he never made an offer to ED after trying to sign him during the year before .. He said it would of been nice ? kind of weird ..

Is this not the second time we offered Jackson a contract ? if so rare for Elway

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kind of blame the flat SB on Elway in that they publicly told several players they would not be back after the SB ... I thought that sucked the life out a few of the players

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he never made an offer to ED after trying to sign him during the year before .. He said it would of been nice ? kind of weird ..

Is this not the second time we offered Jackson a contract ? if so rare for Elway
Yeah this would have been attempt #2. I doubt we get past #3. Elway probably has that number locked in.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seened as though it came out 3rd hand to me if so that was a mistake

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was that idiot last week that said Denver could sign Von to a multi yr contract and tag Oz? He sure got hammered by some folks on here. Weird how that's come up a lot since. Regardless whether it is right move or not, apparently it is part of the discussion out there. :)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was that idiot last week that said Denver could sign Von to a multi yr contract and tag Oz? He sure got hammered by some folks on here. Weird how that's come up a lot since. Regardless whether it is right move or not, apparently it is part of the discussion out there. :)

Before you tear your rotator cuff patting yourself on the back, would you please explain why it is at all desirable that we would offer Oz around $20 million to play QB for a season? I don't get that at all.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway: Broncos won't use the franchise tag on Brock Osweiler

Not sure I agree with the headline - what Elway said is that they don't want to use the tag on Brock. I still would be really surprised if we could/would.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Elway said today they wouldn't use it on Brock but would be willing to use it on Malik.