• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Visiting This Weekend (Dec. 11-13)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is in full swing trying to get kids on campus before the dead period. Also, this weekend gives kids a chance to possibly see what a Nebraska practice is like for a bowl game... here's who's visiting this weekend. Let me know if I'm missing someone:

Royce Newman (4-Star OT) - Newman recently backed off of his commitment to Missouri, though he still says he is committed. Nebraska swept in and got into Royce's living room. With Missouri in turmoil both on and off the field this would be a good time to capitalize. It seems like it's either Nebraska OR Missouri right now for the 6'7" offensive tackle recruit. Farniok visited last week, Newman this week... obviously the top two choices right now on the board. Ole Miss is the other team in consideration although they have yet to offer.

Tony Butler (3-Star CB) - Nebraska is a new team in on Tony Butler.... he was previously down to West Virginia and Arizona State but Nebraska offered and immediately made his Top 3. Nebraska then got him to visit, the Huskers want at least one more high school CB in this class but will take 2 more if Lamar Jackson wants in. Butler and Bootle look to be those two right now.

Tony Poljan (3-Star ATH) - Poljan stands at 6'7" and has the athleticism to play QB which he was committed to do at Minnesota before they fired their OC. Poljan then decommitted from Minnesota and Nebraska pulled the trigger on the athletic QB immediately. He is being offered a TE spot in this class and Nebraska looks like the front runner for his services if he is okay with playing TE, if not, he likely ends up at Iowa State.

Cameron Goode (3-Star LB) - Goode is a current LB commit to California but is looking around. Goode is obviously behind Reese on the board but Nebraska would take him if he wanted N before Reese.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the rundown Nut

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope star rankings really don't mean anything. Because a lot of the rankings I am seeing the stars are two or three, with an occasional four star thrown in. I thought this coaching staff and with the Nebraska facilities meant better times ahead?

Which might be all because of the way Nebraska has played and is perceived as, in the last fifteen years.

Winning can certainly help out.

I feel bad for Iowa, they loaded up their recruiting class with two and three stars, then went on a 12-1 run.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Diamonds In The Rough"

"Overlooked Gems"

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope star rankings really don't mean anything. Because a lot of the rankings I am seeing the stars are two or three, with an occasional four star thrown in. I thought this coaching staff and with the Nebraska facilities meant better times ahead?

Which might be all because of the way Nebraska has played and is perceived as, in the last fifteen years.

Winning can certainly help out.

I feel bad for Iowa, they loaded up their recruiting class with two and three stars, then went on a 12-1 run.

What 2-star are you talking about? Goode... he's a clear back up plan for Reese and we have a punter. Butler is an 89 on 247Sports... that's ONE point away from being a 4-star... Poljan would be a 4-star TE if he actually played the position, he's dang athletic for how big he is and Newman is one of the most highly sought after OT in the nation... along with Farniok who we are also in on.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 2-star are you talking about? Goode... he's a clear back up plan for Reese and we have a punter. Butler is an 89 on 247Sports... that's ONE point away from being a 4-star... Poljan would be a 4-star TE if he actually played the position, he's dang athletic for how big he is and Newman is one of the most highly sought after OT in the nation... along with Farniok who we are also in on.

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I was mostly referring to how recruiting was supposed to be better with this staff, yet it seems that the recruiting is the same or a little worse. I would rather see a list of a bunch of 4 stars with one three star thrown in.

Now, it seems a bunch of three stars with the occasional two star or four star thrown in. Which puts Nebraska on par with what Oregon State did in the past.

Which is all based upon the way the team is winning and losing.

2015 Doesn't count
2014 Oregon State had no four stars, a bunch of three stars and some two stars.
2013 Oregon State had four four stars and a bunch of three stars. Which could be a good team if Oregon State did that year in and year out
2012 Oregon State had two four stars some three stars some two stars and some NRs. Which sounds like an Iowa class
2011 Oregon State had no four stars, a bunch of three stars and some two stars. Which sounds like an Iowa class

2015 Oregon State goes 2-10 and 0-9 in the PAC 12 conference and the players on this team are made up from the players recruited above.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys think they're still recruiting for Oregon St. It's what they know and what they're used to. It's ingrained into them.

I don't think they much care anyway. Riley's got his retirement contract, and his loyal assistants will make good money for a few years before they're sent back to the little leagues.
They've got a fan base that'll believe anything, and are eager for Kool-Aid.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who thinks recruiting with this staff is even remotely close to the last staff either doesn't understand recruiting, or is being intentionally obstinate. We are going after guys with multiple P5 offers, and we are in a great position with a lot of them. This class will likely end up at worst in the high 20s and with a few breaks our direction could be in the 20 range or so. And unlike the old staff, we aren't signing a bunch of highly rated guys that will be taken in the MLB draft and have 0% chance of showing up on campus.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who thinks recruiting with this staff is even remotely close to the last staff either doesn't understand recruiting, or is being intentionally obstinate. We are going after guys with multiple P5 offers, and we are in a great position with a lot of them. This class will likely end up at worst in the high 20s and with a few breaks our direction could be in the 20 range or so. And unlike the old staff, we aren't signing a bunch of highly rated guys that will be taken in the MLB draft and have 0% chance of showing up on campus.

LOL

The Kool-Aid is strong with this one. The post is hopeful reach at best. It is every bit a Bopleeny class. Unless of course you choose to erase Bopleeny classes from history.

Bopleeny went after "guys with multiple P5 offers". Multiple being Mid to Lower range P5 schools with the majority of their offers being from mid-majors. Quite similar to what Riley is landing.

Bopleeny had classes "in the high 20s". This class is currently rated 39th on Scout, behind the likes of Maryland, Western Michigan, Houston, Kentucky, Duke.
Yes, I said Western Michigan.

Bubba Starling (2011) and Monte Harrison (2014) do not equate to "a bunch of highly rated guys that will be taken in the MLB draft"

"Bunch" = A Large Amount

A "Bunch" would generally be a conservative 20%. In 7 years of Bopleeny recruiting there would have been a conservative 140 players signed. 20% of 140 would be around 28 players.

Please name the other 26 Bopleeny recruits that were "highly rated that were taken in the MLB draft".
Heck, I'll cut you a ton of slack and lower the definition of a bunch to 10%. Name me 13 (half of that).

There is very little difference in recruiting between this staff and Bopleeny's staff. The majority being 'Best of the Rest' kind of guys. A lot of unrealistic hope that they will become 'Diamonds in the Rough' that the elite schools and recruiting services mysteriously missed.

For all practical purposes recruiting means very little if they can't develop players, get guys lined up right, limit turnover margins, and penalties.

Basically a team doesn't have to beat Nebraska. Just sit back with a simple, conservative, executable game-plan and let Nebraska beat themselves.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translated.....

Well that 2 star guy? You see he's, a "back up plan for Reese" who's not even a commit.
This here guy is ONE point from being a 4-star. However, he's a 3 star.
This guy "would be" a 4 star, but he's not.
This here guy is one of the "Most highly sought after OT's in the nation". He has offers from Missouri (5-7), Illinois (5-7), Iowa St (3-9), N.C. St (7-5), Eastern Illinois (non P5), Illinois St (non P5), and Southern Illinois (non P5).

LMAO!!!!!

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on who recently left the team and if we gain another scholly to offer?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dismuke-offers from LSU, Michigan, Mississippi State
Broukop-Auburn offer
Raridon- Offers from Arkansas, Stanford, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oregon, among others (#1 OG in the country per 24/7)
Spielman- Offers from Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota
Simmons- Miami, Louisville, Kentucky
Stoll- beat out Texas

Targets-
Reese-Florida, Texas, TCU
Fitzpatrick-Michigan, Louisville

But yeah, let's pick out a couple that don't have as many offers and bring up semantics like it's a fucking courtroom in here.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have time right now, but later this evening I'll show that these recruits grade out similar to Bopleeny recruits across the board. Like past years the hopeful Kool-Aid drinkers are pimping them like they're an improvement. I can remember these same debates from the past. How they were gonna show me how wrong I was for being critical.
I'm just being realistic about it. Sorry if that doesn't meet your criteria for being a fan.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raridon is the only elite player in the class that is highly sought after. One man does not make an elite class.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Raridon be running the ball? Will Raridon be making tackles? Will Raridon be defending receivers? Will Raridon be catching passes?

Yeah,it's an elite class because... Raridon.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on the 13 other Bopleeny players that were "taken in the MLB draft"

Or was that just another exageration meant to assist in putting lipstick on a pig?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo never had KEY on campus

Can you help OAK out in identifying the "bunch" of "highly rated" Bopleeny commits that were taken in the MLB draft? I provided two. Just 13 more to go to get to a lil' ol' 5%.

Surely you are one that "understands recruiting" like he, and are not one to be "intentionally obstinate".

I'll even get you started.

13 remaining...Ready...GO.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time Patrick O'Brien is another Harrison Beck, Cody Green, Johnny Stanton, et al, to me.

Offers from .....

(4-9) Colorado (P5)
(7-5) Texas Tech (P5)
(7-5) Colorado St (Mid Major)
(3-9) UNLV (Mid Major)

What % of Elite 11 end up being busts?