• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of pissed that Torstein wanted his arm hacked off. He was one of my favorite warriors and now he'll likely be useless. Hopefully not.
It'll be interesting to see what comes of him. Good call on his part to realize his arm was killing him though.

What's with the short hair a few of the Viking crew are sporting? I had Ragnars do in about 93'.... Not cool.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on last week's ep: Warrior's Fate

Adios Torstein... Glad they let him ride off into Odin's sunset like a proper viking.

Not sure Floki is going to take any more of Ragnar's religious quests. That relationship seems to be reaching a boiling point.

Loved the moment when Ragnar head butted prince Burgred and said "I forgive you".

Curious as to whether this wanderer is really a god, or some sort of sourcerer.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the last 2 episodes. Wow!

Floki you bastard! Never liked Floki all that much even before that but Athelstan was 1 of my favorite characters. I'm pretty sure Ragnar knows it was Floki but needed those siege towers before he could do anything. I don't think Floki leaves Paris alive.

Lagertha might be the hottest TV grandmother I've ever seen. When Bjorn said he already had a name for a girl I figured it would be his dead sister. Didn't know he and Ziggy had much of a connection.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the last 2 episodes. Wow!

Floki you bastard! Never liked Floki all that much even before that but Athelstan was 1 of my favorite characters. I'm pretty sure Ragnar knows it was Floki but needed those siege towers before he could do anything. I don't think Floki leaves Paris alive.

Lagertha might be the hottest TV grandmother I've ever seen. When Bjorn said he already had a name for a girl I figured it would be his dead sister. Didn't know he and Ziggy had much of a connection.

Yea Floki's days are numbered. You know something has to give but I have a feeling that Ragnar isn't going to outright hurt him with his own hands. I think he put him in a position of power knowing full well that he will get drunk with power/greed/overzealousness and lead himself to his own demise. Maybe Ragnar knows that the siege isn't going to work very well so he is letting others take front, putting them in harms way. Not sure, but its exciting how it is unfolding! I'll be sad to see him go since his character is one of my favorites.

I'm starting to get annoyed with Porunn. She needs to shape up. This is Vikings culture and she is uncharacteristically acting like a vag. For a shieldmaiden Viking she sure seems soft. No wonder Bjorn isn't putting up with her shit anymore. But you know this new love affair is going to come to a crossroads. I think the little dude that stole his gift to her is going to use it against Bjorn to get to Lagertha, since he is "in bed" with Kalf.

Next episode is going to be awesome!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any doubt that this show is on par with Game of Thrones? or is it just me?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last weeks episode was the best yet. Looking forward to Floki getting his ass handed to him by every Viking in Francia.

I haven't heard about production for Season Four yet, but Im hoping we get a couple more seasons of Vikings. Little baby Ivar grows up to be the greatest of all the Sons of Ragnar. Would like to see some of that. (Or King Aethlestan, first King of England. A descendant of Aethlestan and Judith's baby Alfred, I believe.)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I said this I was tarred & feathered... But I feel ya

The new season of GoT is really good, but Vikings also does it's own thing very well. I assume they have a smaller budget as well.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any doubt that this show is on par with Game of Thrones? or is it just me?

Either are head and tails above all else. If I had to go to a desert island and could only take 2 shows, they'd be it.

Sorry Saul.....

I agree... but I would also add third & fourth shows to the desert island list, South Park and The Walking Dead.

My honorable mentions would be Better Call Saul, Fargo, and perhaps The Last Ship and Hell on Wheels.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last weeks episode was the best yet. Looking forward to Floki getting his ass handed to him by every Viking in Francia.

I haven't heard about production for Season Four yet, but Im hoping we get a couple more seasons of Vikings. Little baby Ivar grows up to be the greatest of all the Sons of Ragnar. Would like to see some of that. (Or King Aethlestan, first King of England. A descendant of Aethlestan and Judith's baby Alfred, I believe.)

The other sons all do some stuff too from what I understand. Same with Rollo who was considered one of the greatest vikings of them all. But I think this show is still all about Ragnar. I believe the actor playing Ragnar is one of the big driving forces behind the show and like an executive producer or something.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other sons all do some stuff too from what I understand. Same with Rollo who was considered one of the greatest vikings of them all. But I think this show is still all about Ragnar. I believe the actor playing Ragnar is one of the big driving forces behind the show and like an executive producer or something.
I haven't watched the last episode yet.

But I'm guessing Floki dies. Which would mean he's not the same dude that "discovers" Iceland, like I had previous thought.

I did read just the other day that they're signed on for atleast one more season. Not sure how History gets the rights to the show, or what it's aired on in other countries. But I do know it's an Irish/Canadian produced series and mostly filmed in Ireland.

I didn't know Travis Fimmel was more than just the lead actor. That's pretty cool. He's damn good, especially this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this show has at LEAST 2-3 more good seasons left! I thought for sure during one point this last finale episode that they would maybe squeeze off one more season… Not going to drop any spoilers, but you'll know exactly the moment I'm talking about. Made me think, "well shit, there goes the show". I think there are some big things in store for Rollo & Bjorn. Seems like Ragnar is going to start putting pressure on Bjorn to rise to power, since he keeps planting seeds in his mind here and there. And we know there is going to be hell to pay in Wessex… King Ecbert is going to have to answer for his son at some point. Whether it be Ragnar or Bjorn leading the cavalry. Also, I can't discuss the Rollo situation until you guys watch the finale… So get on it!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these series last 4-5 seasons at the most. Most networks would rather end them in their prime, than take the risk of running them too long. There are some great series coming out of those Canadian/Euro production companies the "Da Vinci's Demons" on the Starz network. Real quality stuff with great performances.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the last episode yet.

But I'm guessing Floki dies. Which would mean he's not the same dude that "discovers" Iceland, like I had previous thought.

I did read just the other day that they're signed on for atleast one more season. Not sure how History gets the rights to the show, or what it's aired on in other countries. But I do know it's an Irish/Canadian produced series and mostly filmed in Ireland.

I didn't know Travis Fimmel was more than just the lead actor. That's pretty cool. He's damn good, especially this season.

I looked for the article I was reading about it, and I may have just read it wrong. Because I can't find anything else anywhere that says he is a producer or anything.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these series last 4-5 seasons at the most. Most networks would rather end them in their prime, than take the risk of running them too long. There are some great series coming out of those Canadian/Euro production companies the "Da Vinci's Demons" on the Starz network. Real quality stuff with great performances.

Da Vinci's Demons is awesome! In my opinon, it's one of the more under-rated shows there is right now.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think Rollo is going to do?

Tough to say. I really don't know anything about the actual history which I understand is only partially accurate anyway.

They already had him betray his brother once then reconsider. Would they do it again? Maybe he accepts the offer but with no intention of betraying Ragnar but instead betrays the French king when the vikings return.