• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and your fancy school.

Don't you know that football is way more important??

It's a delayed gratification thing. I get the pretty pieces of paper, and the letters after my name, and then I get a good job and then I can fly to Minneapolis a few times a year to watch the games in person :plotting:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ponder starts another game for the Vikes when the other option is a healthy Cassel, Frazier should be fired on the spot...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
If Ponder starts another game for the Vikes when the other option is a healthy Cassel, Frazier should be fired on the spot...

Agreed...But I don't believe it's Frazier making that call.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Frazier was just being classy and not telling Ponder he lost his starting job five minutes after the game ended by announcing it to the press on the podium. He'll go review some tape, sit Ponder down and tell him Cassel's got it for now, but he expects him to practice hard as soon as the docs let him to try and win back the starting spot.

RAZORBACKG

Hoopla Cash
$ 735.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Vikes! Here's hoping Cassel won the job on Sunday!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure Frazier was just being classy and not telling Ponder he lost his starting job five minutes after the game ended by announcing it to the press on the podium. He'll go review some tape, sit Ponder down and tell him Cassel's got it for now, but he expects him to practice hard as soon as the docs let him to try and win back the starting spot.

I honestly don't believe it's Fraziers call. Speillman wants Ponder to be the guy for the future.
That being said, I don't think either guy should make that call right after the game is over. Ponder will be treated as the starter until after the bye I'm sure. But...IMO there is no way Ponder starts against the Panthers. Frazier will lose the respect of the team if Cassell sits, that I'm sure of.

Now the Vikes defense needs to turn things around. There is no way the offense can be expected to score over 30 points every week.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't believe it's Fraziers call. Speillman wants Ponder to be the guy for the future.
That being said, I don't think either guy should make that call right after the game is over. Ponder will be treated as the starter until after the bye I'm sure. But...IMO there is no way Ponder starts against the Panthers. Frazier will lose the respect of the team if Cassell sits, that I'm sure of.

Now the Vikes defense needs to turn things around. There is no way the offense can be expected to score over 30 points every week.

I have a hard time seeing Ponder being the QB of the future, to be honest. He didn't impress me at FSU, and he hasn't impressed me here. Xavier Rhodes has impressed the heck out of me, so I'm not being a Gator homer.

Cook was out this week right? If he comes back after the bye and we sit Josh Robinson, I think our problems are halved right there.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I had never heard of Ponder before the draft, so I couldn't have an opinion of him back then. But imo he's not catching on to the whole NFL gig...maybe he'll just need to sit this season out.
We'll need to see how Cassel plays the next couple games to see if there's consistency there. By then Ponder will be healed and everyone can see how it all plays out.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen the Vikes name tossed in on the recent Josh Freeman sweepstakes but I highly doubt that is something that will happen. And I don't think I would want it to happen either.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I've seen the Vikes name tossed in on the recent Josh Freeman sweepstakes but I highly doubt that is something that will happen. And I don't think I would want it to happen either.

I hope not..

Happy Bi week.

Everyone is a winner!

:yahoo:

Damn right!!
For the first time in 3 weeks I can relax and watch a game, without having to be on the edge of my seat right to the last second..

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not..

Damn right!!
For the first time in 3 weeks I can relax and watch a game, without having to be on the edge of my seat right to the last second..

Yeah, for pro football. Aggies on a bye too, but Gators play Arkansas.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they went ahead and got Freeman?

Another mediocre QB is just what we needed!

:yahoo:

Let's see what an epic bitchslap does to Ponder's and Cassel's play. I wonder if we're getting rid of McLeod Bethel-Thompson? I've been informed he's just an idiot with a very strong arm, so who knows.

Carla The Viking

Posted about it last night. Vikings wanted to give two year deal; Freeman insisted on a one-year deal! :wtf2:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, whose going to be the starting QB for the next game? I'm biased for Ponder, but Cassel actually won a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.