• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT and as I'm writing a post about how Ponder is pissing me off, he tosses to Rudolph, who wrestles the ball from Major Wright and scores! I should hate on Ponder more often :think:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal? I thought 15 said Ponder was just as good as Rodgers - he just needed receivers.

15 needs to put up or shut up. I don't think he'll do either.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very in depth insight you have on that blog there,,Kudos :nod:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Ponder showed flashes of being mediocre. At least it was a good game. Close to the end.

I agree with lady... :gaah:

He was great after halftime. I see why they think they can work with him. He needs to play like that every week. no more of his crappy starts. He played with confidence that second half. He deserves another start.

Was very disappointed with the call to run AP up the gut on a 3rd and 4 to lose the game. I feel they should have called the same play to Rudolph again, and this time the fucker goes up and gets it!!

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very in depth insight you have on that blog there,,Kudos :nod:

Thanks! I love sports, it's a relief to have somewhere to talk about it, even if I am just talking to myself :lol:

He was great after halftime. I see why they think they can work with him. He needs to play like that every week. no more of his crappy starts. He played with confidence that second half. He deserves another start.

Was very disappointed with the call to run AP up the gut on a 3rd and 4 to lose the game. I feel they should have called the same play to Rudolph again, and this time the fucker goes up and gets it!!

I was hoping for a 5-wide. I love 5-wides.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for a 5-wide. I love 5-wides.

I love double wides. :lol:

failhp-3-450%5B2%5D.jpg

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've basically said it yourself, they simply can't afford any more of Ponder's crappy starts and serious lack of consistency. He made some good plays today in the loss to Cleveland, but he also made a lot of bad plays where more accurate passes could have resulted in much bigger plays for the Vikings. This is his third year, and nothing is going to change at this point. He has all the physical tools, just lacks the skill/confidence/consistency to be a starting QB in the NFL.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
You've basically said it yourself, they simply can't afford any more of Ponder's crappy starts and serious lack of consistency. He made some good plays today in the loss to Cleveland, but he also made a lot of bad plays where more accurate passes could have resulted in much bigger plays for the Vikings. This is his third year, and nothing is going to change at this point. He has all the physical tools, just lacks the skill/confidence/consistency to be a starting QB in the NFL.

This, for sure.

He misses the easy first downs far too often when the heat is on.
Looks like we get to see what Cassel can do anyhow.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Well, I guess it's Cassel time...

Matt Cassel on Being Named Sunday's Starting QB

I'm not so sure this is a good thing. Unless he has made some improvements. The experience can't hurt though. I guess we'll give him a look and see.

Cassel doesn't have the wheels Ponder has, so I think we'll see a guy who's a little more comfortable in the pocket than Ponder for sure. I think we should see a big day for Rudolph.
Of course, being comfortable in the pocket, and playing against the Steelers blitz don't usually go hand in hand..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassel doesn't have the wheels Ponder has, so I think we'll see a guy who's a little more comfortable in the pocket than Ponder for sure. I think we should see a big day for Rudolph.

Hey JR! Been a while. I hope you are right. I have mixed feelings about Cassel starting. I'm really not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing at this point. I guess we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.