• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW Class of 2014 Recruiting Thread

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever lands Baker will have a lot to crow about. If it's Mora they are sending a clear signal that Jack wasn't just a fluke and you better watch the best kids in your state because he can grab anyone. If it's Sark it's just another sign of his ability to convince the top kids to trust in him and his program. Obviously if Petersen lands him it will send a bit of a shock wave around the conference that the early questions about his ability to land top D1 talent are already over before they can begin.

Baker may, or may not, end up being a force for whatever team he joins. Not all 4 star athletes make an impact, but there is no denying his decision on where to go is going to rattle the conference a bit as his decision to decommit from Oregon already has.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported by multiple sources that 3 star DT Greg Gaines has committed to UW this evening.

:suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported by multiple sources that 3 star DT Greg Gaines has committed to UW this evening.

:suds:

Dawgman is also saying the same thing

Hey one name that will not come up on the rankings is Jaimie Bryant from Tumwater HS.
This kid is 6'5 300 pound DT I've watched this young man the last four years and he is big kid that will eat space on the line, will draw double blocking and still can make plays....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big monday for the Dawgs as they land 2 flips from the PAC North schools, and promising news on the QB K.J. Carta-Samuels situation and a few other promising stories:

3 star DE Shane Bowman (Bellevue, WA) has decommitted from Oregon St. and has committed to Washington.

The 8th ranked kicker in the nation, Tristan Vizcaino (La Verne, CA), has decommited from WSU and has committed to Washington.

And news out of UCLA that could greatly impact where K.J. Carta-Samuels ends up. UCLA received a commit from their #1 QB target, Aaron Sharp (Humble, TX) , today. K.J. had mentioned that UCLA was the other PAC school he had interest in.

Carta-Samuels did pick up an offer as expected from UW after his visit this weekend.

Stud 4 star OG Kammy Delp (Pomona, CA) has decommitted from ASU yesterday and will be visiting UW at the end of the month. UCLA was one of his early favorites so they could be involved as well.

A under the radar WR, 3 star Don'Yeh Patterson (Compton, CA) will visit UW at the end of the month.

So as it stands right now, we have now moved into the double digits for commits the 2014 class at 12 so far, and finally starting to move up the Top100 national rankings for class. With the 3 commits added this weekend, we moved up 10 spaces from 82 to 72. But looking to close strong with 8 to 10 more OKGs so that upward trend will continue. GO DAWGS!!!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big monday for the Dawgs as they land 2 flips from the PAC North schools, and promising news on the QB K.J. Carta-Samuels situation and a few other promising stories:

3 star DE Shane Bowman (Bellevue, WA) has decommitted from Oregon St. and has committed to Washington.

The 8th ranked kicker in the nation, Tristan Vizcaino (La Verne, CA), has decommited from WSU and has committed to Washington.

And news out of UCLA that could greatly impact where K.J. Carta-Samuels ends up. UCLA received a commit from their #1 QB target, Aaron Sharp (Humble, TX) , today. K.J. had mentioned that UCLA was the other PAC school he had interest in.

Carta-Samuels did pick up an offer as expected from UW after his visit this weekend.

Stud 4 star OG Kammy Delp (Pomona, CA) has decommitted from ASU yesterday and will be visiting UW at the end of the month. UCLA was one of his early favorites so they could be involved as well.

A under the radar WR, 3 star Don'Yeh Patterson (Compton, CA) will visit UW at the end of the month.

So as it stands right now, we have now moved into the double digits for commits the 2014 class at 12 so far, and finally starting to move up the Top100 national rankings for class. With the 3 commits added this weekend, we moved up 10 spaces from 82 to 72. But looking to close strong with 8 to 10 more OKGs so that upward trend will continue. GO DAWGS!!!

Need to build up this class with some beef, get some big OL added and its gonna be a good class...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fourth Boise State recruit flips to UW | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

A fourth Boise State recruit flips to UW
Posted by Adam Jude
Jesse Sosebee, a 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive lineman from Edison High in Hungton Beach, Calif., has committed to Washington, according to multiple recruiting sites.

Sosebee is rated a two-star recruit by Scout, Rivals and 247sports.com.

Sosebee is the 13th recruit committed to join UW and the fourth recruit to switch his commitment from Boise State and follow Chris Petersen and the new coaching staff to UW. He is also the third offensive linemen to commit for this class, joining Matt James (Coeur d’Alene) and John Turner.

Sosebee was among the 15 recruits who made his official visit to UW over the weekend.

“I actually committed to (Washington) on Sunday, but I wanted to wait and just make sure everything was right and in order,” Sosebee told Dawgman.com. “Boise State is a great program and they will do well over there, but I had to do what was best for me and that’s playing for Washington and being a Husky.”

He told Dawgman that he’ll likely play guard at UW.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fourth Boise State recruit flips to UW | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

A fourth Boise State recruit flips to UW
Posted by Adam Jude
Jesse Sosebee, a 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive lineman from Edison High in Hungton Beach, Calif., has committed to Washington, according to multiple recruiting sites.

Sosebee is rated a two-star recruit by Scout, Rivals and 247sports.com.

Sosebee is the 13th recruit committed to join UW and the fourth recruit to switch his commitment from Boise State and follow Chris Petersen and the new coaching staff to UW. He is also the third offensive linemen to commit for this class, joining Matt James (Coeur d’Alene) and John Turner.

Sosebee was among the 15 recruits who made his official visit to UW over the weekend.

“I actually committed to (Washington) on Sunday, but I wanted to wait and just make sure everything was right and in order,” Sosebee told Dawgman.com. “Boise State is a great program and they will do well over there, but I had to do what was best for me and that’s playing for Washington and being a Husky.”

He told Dawgman that he’ll likely play guard at UW.

Good get. If we land Kammy Delp or at least one more big ugly, the Oline got a lot of love with this class as required.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this coming weekend is another big one for visits. 10+ will be visiting UW including some who already committed to UW with this being their last official visits here and uncommitts to UW, including OT/DT Kaleb McGary, LB Aisea Tongilava, RB Rashaad Penny, RB Tre Watson, and WR/RB Kalen Ballage whose considered a soft verbal to ASU right now. OLB Drew Lewis is as well, and this weekend should firm up what's going on with him.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

RB Aaron Chapman (San Jose, CA), and plays for Bellarmine Prep H.S., is saying he will be walking on at Washington. Originally had interest from schools including Boise St., Oregon, Cal, WSU, and USC, but he had a ACL injury during his senior season, so he's listed as not ranked on most sites.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And........

3 star RB Jomon Dotson has committed to Washington this morning. Flipped from Colorado.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]426104622160171008[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four-star quarterback K.J. Carta-Samuels commits to UW | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

Four-star quarterback K.J. Carta-Samuels commits to UW
Posted by Adam Jude
The flurry of recruiting news continues for Washington.

Four-star quarterback K.J. Carta-Samuels out of Bellarmine Prep in San Jose, Calif., has announced on Twitter that he intends to sign with the Huskies on the Feb. 5 national signing day.

He is the first four-star recruit to commit to new coach Chris Petersen and the Huskies for the Class of 2014, and the sixth recruit to commit to UW in the past four days.

Carta-Samuels chose UW over Boise State and Vanderbilt. He had announced on Twitter earlier Wednesday that he was canceling a planned trip to Vanderbilt.

Carta-Samuels had been committed to Vanderbilt before Vanderbilt coach James Franklin left for Penn State.

Carta-Samuels’ brother, Austyn, was the starting quarterback at Vanderbilt last season.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it how the stars just lined up to land K.J.. And that just kills nice and fast the whole " Coming from Boise St., will Petersen and staff be able to land PAC level 4+ star talent?" that was being speculated by the press with this hire. That just blasts that one right out of the water. Buh bye.

I loved the quote by a recruit recently who said "It's hard to say no to this guy" because of the respect factor.

Class is starting to come together nicely and we're gonna start rocking up the national and PAC recruiting rankings.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kjr reported he contacted Baker after announcing his choice of UW.

Landing one big fish is how it starts. Could be a busy next two weeks.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kjr reported he contacted Baker after announcing his choice of UW.

Landing one big fish is how it starts. Could be a busy next two weeks.

That's showing great leadership right there. Elite 11 caliber QB. What a coup.

And just like that. With the progress made this weekend, we've moved up about 25 spots with our national class ranking, and up from last to 9th in the PAC moving ahead of Colorado, OSU, and Cal. If we can be ahead of WSU and Utah as well and ultimately end up nationally in the 40s by LOI, got to call it a huge success for Petersen and staff's short notice class built basically from scratch in less than two months. Boom.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's showing great leadership right there. Elite 11 caliber QB. What a coup.

And just like that. With the progress made this weekend, we've moved up about 25 spots with our national class ranking, and up from last to 9th in the PAC moving ahead of Colorado, OSU, and Cal. If we can be ahead of WSU and Utah as well and ultimately end up nationally in the 40s by LOI, got to call it a huge success for Petersen and staff's short notice class built basically from scratch in less than two months. Boom.

Well to be fair more than half of the class was flipped from BSU commits they have worked on all year. So yeah, it's a short time class, but not really totally from scratch. It's mostly BSU's best commits with some BCS quality upgrades. Not complaining of course, just keeping it in perspective. Land Baker and this class shoots up the ladder in a hurry. There may be a couple more surprises coming before LOI day as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard something that Kammy Delp says he will not be visiting UW now, and will visit OregonSt. instead. This kid is all over the radar. Makes me wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commitment of K.J. Carta-Samuels to Washington meant a lot to Washington in more ways than one. He talks in depth to Realdawg.com about his decision.

K.J. Carta-Samuels
Carta-Samuels was the first 4-star commitment the Petersen staff has received, and he is also showing that he's a guy who doesn't shy away from competition.

This young man is tough as nails and can't wait to compete at Washington.

"I actually committed last night", Carta-Samuels told Realdawg.com, "When I visited my mom and dad wanted me to commit then."

His older brother Austin has plays for Vandy and that's part of the reason why the younger Carta-Samuels was committed to Vandy originally, "I love my brother and it would be fun to go try to break some of his records, but in the end I just had to do what's best for myself, and eventually everyone's goal is to get to the league and we probably wouldn't play for the same team anyway -- but I wanted to do it the right way (with Vandy) because I have a lot of respect for that program."

There was so much that stood out to Carta-Samuels when he saw the University of Washington, "The facilities and the stadium..I just can't wait to get there when there's a game", he said, "It's an amazing stadium. I'm going to start fishing and getting into more water sports -- it's a beautiful place.

"With the education and playing for Coach Pete, this is the place for me -- this is my team."

When Carta-Samuels tweeted that he had committed, he also sent out a plea to Budda Baker to join the Class of 2014, "I'm going to be recruiting everybody -- this is my class", he said, "As a quarterback you have to take on the responsibility of being in charge -- we have to get the best class in here that we can."

Carta-Samuels went to the Elite 11 over the summer, "I thought I did real well the first three days, and the fourth day we got the playbook and I did okay, the 5th day I did real well again -- I just want to be consistent all 5 days."

One thing about Carta-Samuels is that he has a tremendous work ethic -- he'll be putting in plenty of time in the weight room, the film-study room, and with the playbook.

"Our school doesn't let us graduate early and I wish I could", he said of a possible spring enrollment, "But I really feel that I fit into their system real well. With Coach Smith and Coach Pete...I fit in."

Carta-Samuels is 6-21/2 and weighs around 225. He's a tough, tough quarterback and he's very accurate. He has a big arm and one scout even compared him to a young Andrew Luck.

"I've heard that before", Carta-Samuels said.

There's no question that this was a huge steal for the Huskies -- they won a recruiting battle against an SEC school where the recruit's own brother played, and where Chris Petersen and Jonathan Smith are concerned, they came, they saw, and they conquered -- or in this case -- they closed.

One thing that Carta-Samuels got to watch the Fiesta Bowl between Boise State and Oklahoma, "I could just tell how disciplined that team was under those coaches. You have to be impressed with his record", he said about Petersen.

Carta-Samuels talked about coaches who have a proven formula for winning -- he brought up Pete Carroll who did it at the college level at USC, and now has his Seattle team going to the Super bowl.

"I know Coach Petersen can do it at Washington and that's why I'm going there".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that doesn't fire you up for coach Petersen and what he is already starting, then I don't know what will. This kid is fired up and burning to get going and he wants to be a dawg! Love that we poached him from an SEC team. How's that for your first big time commit at the old BCS level? Kid with no real ties here and they land him. I mean the stadium, facilities, and education were part of it, but you can tell this was about Petersen and the reputation he has.

Damn I can't wait for spring.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put this in perspective, with just two months on the job, he goes and lands one of the Top Pro-style QBs on the west coast and raked 11th in the entire country.

1) Kyle Allen: Tex A&M
2) Keller Chryst: Stanford
8) Brad Kaaya: Miami
11) K.J. Carta-Samuels: Washington

Someone in the comments section of the Seattle times said: "Sark was the tweetmonster, Petersen is the Silent Assassin". I like that. Perfect nickname for his recruiting.

And to make this whole thing even sweeter:

Want to talk about coming out smelling like a rose. A month ago, Sark proceeds to flip Jalen Greene right after he committed to UW. Petersen then proceeds to land the even higher ranked Carta-Samuels.

Go Dawgs!!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is trying to flip Trey Adams and from his tweets he appears to be at least considering it and communicating with other duck commits.
Read the conversation between him and another Oregon commit and at least there is a chance he is lost.

Last edited by a moderator: