• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC's Josh Shaw

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rofl-seizure-o.gif

yeah, they got me...:L But, he is a good guy to have on your team, right? He never gives up, keeps those legs moving...

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, according to the paper this morning. Josh Shaw's sister, Asia Shaw, who is the mother of the 7 year old, corroborates Josh's story. But she was not at the cousins house when this supposedly happened.

Just a thought, but how can she corroborate his story is she wasn't present?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, according to the paper this morning. Josh Shaw's sister, Asia Shaw, who is the mother of the 7 year old, corroborates Josh's story. But she was not at the cousins house when this supposedly happened. She also said that police were not called because the boy suffered no respiratory impairment. She apparently gave the same story to USA Today and ABC/7.
Sounds fishy to me. Given the distance from USC and Palmdale where the near-drowning allegedly took place, the rescue would have to take place after 10 pm.
However, police responded to a woman screaming at an apartment complex a few miles from USC's campus. When they arrived at the apartment, they found no one inside. When the woman who lives there returned. She said that her boyfriend's name is Josh Shaw. No one has been arrested or named as a suspect at this time and it's not known if the woman's boyfriend is USC's Josh Shaw.
As I read stories last night, I was under the impression that the woman who identified her boyfriend Josh Shaw did not live in the apartment in which the original disturbance took place, but does live in the building in which it happened. It is very sketchy evidence that ties him to the building, but if he was there, he wasn't in his girlfriend's apartment.

At least, that's how I read it. It is very convoluted and confusing and thus I could be entirely wrong.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was just weird form the beginning. I guess he wanted people to think he walked around with an "S" on his chest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought, but how can she corroborate his story is she wasn't present?

I thought the same thing, that's why I made sure to post that according to the paper she wasn't there. However, if his story is true, him telling her that "Uncle Josh saved me" would pretty much be all she'd need.

Last edited by a moderator:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if his story was 100% true that by now USC would have said so. I'm guessing he was messing around with friends and jumped hoping to make it to a pool ( he messed up both ankles so the whole jumping story might be correct). When he didn;t make it and he realized he messed up he came up with the lie and doubled down when asked if it was really true (dumb move and dumber move). Maybe he's a good guy and not used to telling lies and didn;t realize the whopper he told. The whole apartment thing just adds more questions. At least the school came out and were the first to say this might not be true. But they were also the first ones to report it so they had to get in front of the story .

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds fishy to me. Given the distance from USC and Palmdale where the near-drowning allegedly took place, the rescue would have to take place after 10 pm.

As I read stories last night, I was under the impression that the woman who identified her boyfriend Josh Shaw did not live in the apartment in which the original disturbance took place, but does live in the building in which it happened. It is very sketchy evidence that ties him to the building, but if he was there, he wasn't in his girlfriend's apartment.

At least, that's how I read it. It is very convoluted and confusing and thus I could be entirely wrong.

The way that I read it, assuming that what he says isn't true, it sounded like the woman who said that Josh Shaw is her boyfriend's name, wasn't home. Assuming it's him, it sounds like he may have gone to her apartment, found she wasn't home and tried to get in through the balcony or window. Some other woman see's him, starts screaming and he takes off. When he injured his ankles getting away, he had to come up with a story.

As for the time it may have occurred. I'm not sure how long the function that he attended at USC took, but it started at 5:30pm. If it was only a couple of hours, he could have easily been in Palmdale by about 8:30pm.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it is interesting I just hope we find out soon. Don't care to hear about this for weeks on end.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if his story was 100% true that by now USC would have said so. I'm guessing he was messing around with friends and jumped hoping to make it to a pool ( he messed up both ankles so the whole jumping story might be correct). When he didn;t make it and he realized he messed up he came up with the lie and doubled down when asked if it was really true (dumb move and dumber move). Maybe he's a good guy and not used to telling lies and didn;t realize the whopper he told. The whole apartment thing just adds more questions. At least the school came out and were the first to say this might not be true. But they were also the first ones to report it so they had to get in front of the story .

Seems pretty likely that this is the scenario. He certainly wouldn't be the first athlete to concoct a lie to cover up injuring himself doing something stupid.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way that I read it, assuming that what he says isn't true, it sounded like the woman who said that Josh Shaw is her boyfriend's name, wasn't home. Assuming it's him, it sounds like he may have gone to her apartment, found she wasn't home and tried to get in through the balcony or window. Some other woman see's him, starts screaming and he takes off. When he injured his ankles getting away, he had to come up with a story.
Sounds plausible. Let's go with that. Otherwise, he has some 'splainin' to do.
trojanfan12 said:
As for the time it may have occurred. I'm not sure how long the function that he attended at USC took, but it started at 5:30pm. If it was only a couple of hours, he could have easily been in Palmdale by about 8:30pm.
Also, according to his sister's account, the person who was supposed to be watching her son, wasn't. Sounds like he has some 'splainin' to do too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark just stated in an interview that there is still no new information re: Josh Shaw. He said that any info. they receive is moved along to campus authorities. He says "We're in a holding pattern right now".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds plausible. Let's go with that. Otherwise, he has some 'splainin' to do.

Also, according to his sister's account, the person who was supposed to be watching her son, wasn't. Sounds like he has some 'splainin' to do too.

Yep, no matter how this plays out. Somebody's going to have to be 'splainin' something pretty soon.:lol:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoke = fire more times than not.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems pretty likely that this is the scenario. He certainly wouldn't be the first athlete to concoct a lie to cover up injuring himself doing something stupid.

That's what it sounds like to me. Kid does something stupid, comes up with a lie to cover it up without thinking of where the lie will lead.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark just stated in an interview that there is still no new information re: Josh Shaw. He said that any info. they receive is moved along to campus authorities. He says "We're in a holding pattern right now".

I'm sure this is just the kind of thing he wants to be dealing with right now too. When Shaw's ankles heal, he might be running some steps in the colleseum.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this is just the kind of thing he wants to be dealing with right now too. When Shaw's ankles heal, he might be running some steps in the colleseum.

Yeah, pretty sure that he will be spending some time with the strength and conditioning coach once his ankles heal.

Strength and conditioning coaches are evil in it's purest form. :lol: