• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope 7 win Sark is winning more than 7 games a year by the time this game comes around. It will lose some luster if USC can't beat UCLA, Stanford, Arizona State, Oregon, or any other decent team on a consistent basis. If this year is 8-4 and next year is 8-4, this game will not be as golden as it could be. USC needs 10 win seasons again. I hate that we caught VT on the downfall and WVU too. Could count Michigan as well. I just hate hearing excuses about how Alabama never plays anyone NonCon but when they do they beat their ass 90% of the time.

Michigan played 4 top 10 AP teams in 2012. They lost to Notre Dame by 7, Ohio State by 5, South Carolina by like 4 or 5. Those were 12-0, 12-0, 10-2 teams. They lost to Alabama by 27.

Notre Dame beat Stanford, Oklahoma, Michigan, BYU, and USC. But when we beat them, all we hear is "Ohio State and Oregon would have been better games..." Those were the same people saying Alabama hasn't seen a front like Notre Dame's all year, and that Alabama wouldn't be able to run the ball like they normally have.

Haters gonna hate I guess. :yahoo:

Wow, that's an awful lot of "everybody picks on poor wittle 'Bama" all in one post.

Glad you could get it off your chest though.:yahoo:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us take a gander at a quick comparison of teams on USC's schedule and Alabama's schedule for 2014:

This is not looking necessarily at the quality of the team, but the home field advantage one would supposedly have if the entire schedule was turned into road games.

@LSU>@Stanford
@Auburn>@Utah
@Florida>@UCLA
@Texas A&M>@Washington State
@Tennessee>@Oregon State
@Ole Miss>@Arizona
@Mississippi State>@Arizona State
@Arkansas>@Colorado
--------------@California
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
@Notre Dame=@West Virginia
@Fresno State>@Southern Miss
@Boston College>@Florida Atlantic
@Western Carolina----------------

The sad part is you have us beat NonCon(let's be honest, that's not saying much)

But in conference is a whole different animal. The amount of pure intimidation in SEC stadiums outnumbers all other conferences. Palo Alto is not Death Valley. Rice Eccles is tough, but Jordan Hare is tougher. Gainesville, College Station, and Neyland put the Rose Bowl, Corvallis, and Pullman to shame. The only 2 stadiums worth mentioning with SEC teams are Autzen and Husky Stadium. Rice Eccles has respect, but it's nothing close to other SEC stadiums. He'll, I haven't even brought up Bryant Denny, Williams Brice, or Sanford. Even Fayetteville is loud. Cowbells, the Grove. We face intimidating road crowds every year IN CONFERENCE.

Hell, if you wanna play Alabama, play them. But you need to know what you're getting into. We are the big dawgs. We call the shots.

I'm calling bullshit on several of those. UCLA is head and shoulders better than Florida. Oregon State is better than Tennessee. Arizona State is better than Mississippi State. Arkansas and Colorado are equally shitty. There's no question that Notre Dame is better than West Virginia. And while Death Valley at night is tough, Stanford has been equal to and probably even better than LSU recently.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling bullshit on several of those. UCLA is head and shoulders better than Florida. Oregon State is better than Tennessee. Arizona State is better than Mississippi State. Arkansas and Colorado are equally shitty. There's no question that Notre Dame is better than West Virginia. And while Death Valley at night is tough, Stanford has been equal to and probably even better than LSU recently.

Maybe you should read my post again.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's doubtful Florida will be as bad as they were last year. They have a good chance of being like Auburn last year, who was coming off a 3 win season. They might appear to be down, but they still have top recruiting classes and can bounce back real quick just like Auburn did. They had a ton of injuries last year as well. I will be shocked if they aren't improved quite a bit.

Not sold on Oregon St being better than Tennessee. They weren't good last year and only did well against crappy teams. Tennessee showed some spark from time to time and could have went to a bowl on Oregon St schedule.

ASU > Miss St I would think.

I'm a Stanford fan, but I'm pretty sure you are out of it with the LSU thing.

Overall, I have USC's schedule as a good bit better than Alabama's next year. But I think the gap will be pretty small by the end of the year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always hilarious to hear the "they scurred" shit. Yeah, like USC is a team worth being scared of. :laugh3:

I thought it was funny how 2 teams both decide to play each other, but only 1 of those teams deserves praise for it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"For like the first time in how many years? That's why you get slack."

Your pussified team set the precedent in 1946 after a Bama Rose Bowl beatdown. LMAO@ taking your ball and running home and excluding everyone but the Big10. Fuck a Trojan. Sounds like some kind of virus.

:laugh3::laugh3:1946?!?:laugh3::laugh3: Wow!! Reaching all the way back to 1946 to justify 'Bama not doing home and homes.:laugh3:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was funny how 2 teams both decide to play each other, but only 1 of those teams deserves praise for it.

Now that I think about it, it is more impressive for USC to be playing Bama than the other way around. Hopefully USC will actually do something between now and then to make it a good game for Bama too. Maybe Sark surprises me and has them back towards the top by then. :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a damn interesting read. Just trying to figure out why all of that is relevant to the criticism that Bama does not schedule OOC games on the road.

It's a little trick that Bammers like to employ called "deflection". It doesn't fool anyone, but we all let them think it does.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's an awful lot of "everybody picks on poor wittle 'Bama" all in one post.

Glad you could get it off your chest though.:yahoo:

That's what I was thinking. Dude is getting all emotional about a game that's in 2016, and pouting because everybody isn't sucking Bama's elephant trunk.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe because one is used to playing top OCC games but usually they are home and home while the other has played only three road OCC games in ten years and would only play this one if it was a neutral game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butthurt and Rustled Jimmies - two more rankings that 'Bama is #1 in. :clap:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average SoS the past 6 years(bottom line). Bama 19. USC 19.

And to think UCS didn't have the benefit of a conference championship game to even boost their SOS further like Alabama has...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Reached back to 1946 to prove USC was a pussy then, and nothing has changed.

:laugh3::laugh3: 1946?!? You Bammers are a laugh riot. You should take this shit on the road. You'd make millions.

Oh wait, I forgot, 'Bama doesn't travel.:laugh3::laugh3: