• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to give them credit. Their OOC scheduling is consistently amongst the best. Gives their fans a chance to go out see some great venues.

They play Notre Dame every year, which is basically just a conference game without the conference label.

2014: Fresno St or Boston College
2013: Hawaii, Utah St or Boston College
2012: Hawaii or Syracuse
2011: Minnesota and Syracuse.
2010: Hawaii, Virgina, Minnesota.

In 2009 they played Ohio St. Good game there.

Outside Ohio St, if playing those games is supposed to be special, we'll you're even dumber than I thought you were.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, holy shit. This is going to be absolutely unbelievable. If USC's back by 2016 after getting raped by the NCAA, this one could go down as the most highly anticipated regular season match-up in college football history. Props to USC. Man, do they have a set of balls on them. They'll play anyone, anywhere.

Yeah, I hope someday Alabama will play in big games like this too.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play Notre Dame every year, which is basically just a conference game without the conference label.

Outside Ohio St, if playing those games is supposed to be special, we'll you're even dumber than I thought you were.

Funny. You left off ND, which they play every year. They also play Bama, Texas, and Tennesee in the future.

USC Trojans Football Schedules | USC Future Schedules

Go ahead and compare the last 20 yrs of OOC games that USC plays to the rest of the nation.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Texas could do better, but you really should look into the meaning of irrelevant as you post again about Texas

You really should look into the meaning of relevant pertaining to a Texas fans' opinion in a Bama/USC thread.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans want to point to their success as proof they play good teams. No shit that the SEC has had good teams that you had to play because they were scheduled conference games and no shit you played good teams in bowl games. No one is disputing Bamas been damn good the past ten years. It's that you play two crap teams at home every year. When Pete was here winning I wouldn't have been happy if the OCC games were littered with the likes of Pomona City college, Azuza Pacific University and , Fullerton College .

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really should look into the meaning of relevant pertaining to a Texas fans' opinion in a Bama/USC thread.
-
I hope you realize I simply screwing with you, because I really dont care. I just love to see you and your fellow Bama fans get all defensive. It makes me giggle.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a damn interesting read. Just trying to figure out why all of that is relevant to the criticism that Bama does not schedule OOC games on the road.

Let us take a gander at a quick comparison of teams on USC's schedule and Alabama's schedule for 2014:

This is not looking necessarily at the quality of the team, but the home field advantage one would supposedly have if the entire schedule was turned into road games.

@LSU>@Stanford
@Auburn>@Utah
@Florida>@UCLA
@Texas A&M>@Washington State
@Tennessee>@Oregon State
@Ole Miss>@Arizona
@Mississippi State>@Arizona State
@Arkansas>@Colorado
--------------@California
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
@Notre Dame=@West Virginia
@Fresno State>@Southern Miss
@Boston College>@Florida Atlantic
@Western Carolina----------------

The sad part is you have us beat NonCon(let's be honest, that's not saying much)

But in conference is a whole different animal. The amount of pure intimidation in SEC stadiums outnumbers all other conferences. Palo Alto is not Death Valley. Rice Eccles is tough, but Jordan Hare is tougher. Gainesville, College Station, and Neyland put the Rose Bowl, Corvallis, and Pullman to shame. The only 2 stadiums worth mentioning with SEC teams are Autzen and Husky Stadium. Rice Eccles has respect, but it's nothing close to other SEC stadiums. He'll, I haven't even brought up Bryant Denny, Williams Brice, or Sanford. Even Fayetteville is loud. Cowbells, the Grove. We face intimidating road crowds every year IN CONFERENCE.

Hell, if you wanna play Alabama, play them. But you need to know what you're getting into. We are the big dawgs. We call the shots.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fresno spent part of the year ranked last year. Boston College played FSU tough last year and USC actually goes to their home and plays them their. I'd say thats alot more special than. Playing Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina,Colorado State, Chattanooga, Western Kentucky only at home. But I guess that's just me.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us take a gander at a quick comparison of teams on USC's schedule and Alabama's schedule for 2014:

This is not looking necessarily at the quality of the team, but the home field advantage one would supposedly have if the entire schedule was turned into road games.

@LSU>@Stanford
@Auburn>@Utah
@Florida>@UCLA
@Tennessee>@Oregon State
@Ole Miss>@Arizona
@Mississippi State>@Arizona State
@Arkansas>@Colorado
--------------@California
@Notre Dame=@West Virginia

The sad part is you have us beat NonCon(let's be honest, that's not saying much)

But in conference is a whole different animal. The amount of pure intimidation in SEC stadiums outnumbers all other conferences. Palo Alto is not Death Valley. Rice Eccles is tough, but Jordan Hare is tougher. Gainesville, College Station, and Neyland put the Rose Bowl, Corvallis, and Pullman to shame. The only 2 stadiums worth mentioning with SEC teams are Autzen and Husky Stadium. Rice Eccles has respect, but it's nothing close to other SEC stadiums. He'll, I haven't even brought up Bryant Denny, Williams Brice, or Sanford. Even Fayetteville is loud. Cowbells, the Grove. We face intimidating road crowds every year IN CONFERENCE.

Hell, if you wanna play Alabama, play them. But you need to know what you're getting into. We are the big dawgs. We call the shots.

You're scared. You play a bunch of cupcake OCC games and even then you only play them at home. Big dog is scared to leave his back yard. lol

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@LSU>@Stanford-- are you sure?
@Auburn>@Utah
@Florida>@UCLA-----really?
@Tennessee>@Oregon State
@Ole Miss>@Arizona
@Mississippi State>@Arizona State- Really?
@Arkansas>@Colorado
--------------@California- Shouldn't this be next to Western Carolina?
@Notre Dame=@West Virginia - Crack is it addictive

just some thoughts.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many top10 teams did you even play last year in your entire schedule? 1? And because you traveled to play a 9-4 Notre Dame away, it's somehow supposed to be impressive?

Both team's played one EOY top 10 team in their regular seasons. USC played four EOY ranked teams and Bama played three in the regular season. Pretty similiar schedules in terms of difficulty in SOS. Of course six of USC's games were on the road and only four of Alabama's were, but that's pretty much par for the course.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno spent part of the year ranked last year. Boston College played FSU tough last year and USC actually goes to their home and plays them their. I'd say thats alot more special than. Playing Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina,Colorado State, Chattanooga, Western Kentucky only at home. But I guess that's just me.

Fresno was a shit team who spent part of the year ranked last year because they played in a shit conference against other shit teams.

The highest ranked team they played in the regular season(my rankings) was #61 - Utah St. 5 of the teams on their schedule I had ranked below #100. 2 of those were among the 5 worst teams in college football.

And on top of that, their only bright spot isn't on the team this year.

Playing teams like this on the road and trying to claim it's special or somehow difficult is laughable.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both team's played one EOY top 10 team in their regular seasons. USC played four EOY ranked teams and Bama played three in the regular season. Pretty similiar schedules in terms of difficulty in SOS. Of course six of USC's games were on the road and only four of Alabama's were, but that's pretty much par for the course.

I'd take the 6 road games of USC over the 4 road games of Alabama's last year all day long. As already mentioned, stadiums and the environment can swing wildly and not all "road games" are equal.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno was a shit team who spent part of the year ranked last year because they played in a shit conference against other shit teams.

The highest ranked team they played in the regular season(my rankings) was #61 - Utah St. 5 of the teams on their schedule I had ranked below #100. 2 of those were among the 5 worst teams in college football.

And on top of that, their only bright spot isn't on the team this year.

Playing teams like this on the road and trying to claim it's special or somehow difficult is laughable.

But Alabama would be too scared to go on the road and play them. Better to play Georgia State at home.lol

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is irrelevant. Zero NC's since 1978.

They won the AP national title in 2003. That was the year they got completely screwed over by the BCS and then they beat the dogshit out of Oklahoma the following season in 2004 in the NCG even though Reggie Bush took the cash. They are still a powerhouse program despite the NCAA taking a shit on them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Alabama would be too scared to go on the road and play them. Better to play Georgia State at home.lol

No, Alabama has ADs that aren't stupid enough to give up all that revenue for a shit game that doesn't really matter where it's played.

"Hey, lets take USC over Alabama because they played a shit team on the road while Alabama played a shit team at home" - says nobody ever.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Alabama has ADs that aren't stupid enough to give up all that revenue for a shit game that doesn't really matter where it's played.

"Hey, lets take USC over Alabama because they played a shit team on the road while Alabama played a shit team at home" - says nobody ever.

It's always hilarious to hear the "they scurred" shit. Yeah, like USC is a team worth being scared of. :laugh3: