• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your thoughts on Daniels having passing season like this? (No rushing stats)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he could have a similar season to what RGME did his rookie year . mesus played well that year
RG3 went for 20/5. I think Jayden tosses more than 20, or at least I hope.

RG had far superior arm strength but not nearly the touch or processing ability of Jayden.

RG3 seemed to have a touch more straight line speed, but Jayden as a little more wiggle and does know how to slide when he chooses to.

I was as big an RG3 fan as any, but I love how we don't have to design and entire offense around Jayden to mask his defincies as a passer.

Jayden is a film junkie who wants to be great and understands the time he will have to put in to get there.

From all accounts RG3 spent his time in the weight room. Is it just me or does Jayden appear to be a little bit bulkier than he was at LSU? He made Caleb look small when they were standing next to one another.

We did add Ertz, Ekeler, Sinnott, and McCaffery. Not gonna lie.....I'm pumped.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I almost forgot about this posting and want to show why I did this exercise.

In a best-case scenario, I wanted to compare Jayden Daniels to C. J. Stroud so that when you look at the predictive game-by-game outcomes they mirror his ROTY season. The two exceptions are our games against Philadelphia and Atlanta, later in the season, and Stroud missed both. These results are a reimagined amalgamation posted by QBs Keenum, Boyle, and Mills, who played while he was out.

Among the QBs drafted in April, when the singular question is asked which of them is likely to win the ROTY award the overwhelming consensus seems to be C. Williams (Chicago) with Daniels second. So, it was an easy move to imagine the two of them switching roles and injecting the most recent numbers by the most recent rookie of the year QB.

2024 NFL Rookie of the Year odds: The 10 favorites in 2024 after d…

cardswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-offensive-rookie-of-the-year-odds-10-favorites-…

To be clear, except for two games, these are exactly C.J. Stroud's numbers from a season ago that won him the ROTY award. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• 1718639478548.png
    1718639478548.png
    746 bytes · Views: 2

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I almost forgot about this posting and want to show why I did this exercise.

In a best-case scenario, I wanted to compare Jayden Daniels to C. J. Stroud so that when you look at the predictive game-by-game outcomes they mirror his ROTY season. The two exceptions are our games against Philadelphia and Atlanta, later in the season, and Stroud missed both. These results are a reimagined amalgamation posted by QBs Keenum, Boyle, and Mills, who played while he was out.

Among the QBs drafted in April, when the singular question is asked which of them is likely to win the ROTY award the overwhelming consensus seems to be C. Williams (Chicago) with Daniels second. So, it was an easy move to imagine the two of them switching roles and injecting the most recent numbers by the most recent rookie of the year QB.

2024 NFL Rookie of the Year odds: The 10 favorites in 2024 after d…

cardswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-offensive-rookie-of-the-year-odds-10-favorites-…

To be clear, except for two games, these are exactly C.J. Stroud's numbers from a season ago that won him the ROTY award. Your thoughts?
Daniels is capable of that but I tend to shy away from outliers as expectations

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels is capable of that but I tend to shy away from outliers as expectations
Ok, but help me out with an interesting perspective. Given the QBs taken in this past draft which of them is most likely to win the ROTY award if one of them were to win it?

Btw: you responded originally to it ..."Sounds like a very reasonable rookie season." Did you change your mind now that I've revealed the source of these numbers?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but help me out with an interesting perspective. Given the QBs taken in this past draft which of them is most likely to win the ROTY award if one of them were to win it?

Btw: you responded originally to it ..."Sounds like a very reasonable rookie season." Did you change your mind now that I've revealed the source of these numbers?

In order of likelihood…

Williams because they loaded up on offense.
Daniels because we are solid but the OL is scary and Daniels could die.

Nix because of Payton.

Maye because he has no weapons.
McCarthy because he is not flashy.

Penix because KC is not going to sit the pine.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order of likelihood…

Williams because they loaded up on offense.
Daniels because we are solid but the OL is scary and Daniels could die.

Nix because of Payton.

Maye because he has no weapons.
McCarthy because he is not flashy.

Penix because KC is not going to sit the pine.
After reading those articles, I created the thread based solely on a drafted QB getting the ROTY award. That said, I needed a template and there wasn't one better than the current ROTY, C.J. Stroud. Finally, and frankly, I could have easily used Williams for this exercise, but, on this board, there's far more interest in Jayden Daniels than any of the others.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Daniel’s should win the ROTY , my reasoning is will it translate into wins? . That’s where I come from with it being an outlier . Remember stroud won games as well and some of that could’ve been that he was the main reason for victory not being the bus driver . Howell put up numbers but he didn’t win or was the reason for wins . Don’t get me wrong ,I think Jd5 is a great prospect and he could have me eating crow later on

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a pure passing perspective, what are your thoughts on Daniels having a passing season like this one? ( I purposely didn't include game results or rushing yards)

2024 Washington Commanders Schedule
Sunday
Sep. 8​
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL

Daniels 20/26 264 yards 2 TD 0 Int
Sunday
Sep. 15​
New York Giants Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 24/32 213 Yards 1 TD 0 Int
Monday
Sep. 23​
at Cincinnati Bengals Paycor Stadium, Cincinnati, OH

Daniels 10/23 91 Yards 0 TD 0 Yards’

Sunday
Sep. 29​
at Arizona Cardinals State Farm Stadium, Glendale, AZ

Daniels 16/27 274 Yards 1 TD 0 Int
Sunday
Oct. 6​
Cleveland Browns Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 26/36 304 Yards 2 TD 0 Int
Sunday
Oct. 13​

at Baltimore Ravens
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD

Daniels 27/37 336 Yards 2 TD 3 Int
Sunday
Oct. 20​
Carolina Panthers Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 23/39 356 Yards 1 TD 1 Int
Sunday
Oct. 27​
Chicago Bears Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 30/42 470 Yards 5 TD 0 Int
Sunday
Nov. 3​
at New York Giants MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

Daniels 16/24 140 Yards 0 TD 0 Int
Sunday
Nov. 10​
Pittsburgh Steelers Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 13/27 199 Yards 2 TD 1 Int
Thursday
Nov. 14​
at Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA

Daniels 20/35 249 Yards 1 TD 0 Int
Sunday
Nov. 24​
Dallas Cowboys Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 16/30 306 Yards 2 TD 0 Int
Sunday
Dec. 1​
Tennessee Titans Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 20/30 280 Yards 2 TD 0 Int

Sunday
Dec. 8​
BYE
Sunday
Dec. 15​
at New Orleans Saints Caesars Superdome, New Orleans, LA

Daniels 30/47 384 Yards 2 TD 0 Int
Sunday
Dec. 22​
Philadelphia Eagles Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 23/36 229 Yards 1 TD 1 Int

Sunday
Dec. 29​
Atlanta Falcons Commanders Field, Landover, MD

Daniels 21/24 262 Yards 1 TD 2 Int
Sunday
Jan. 5​
at Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX

Daniels 28/44 242 Yards 0 TD 0 Int
4600 yards? With a stable full of mediocre, washed up, or unproven receivers after McLaurin? Not likely.