• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC and TExas looking for a coach. Who's happy/sad?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas can literally write a check for 50 million if that is what it takes.

They have almost unlimited money. 50 million is not even absurd for the Horns.

Heck, hey could pay all the assistants 2 million as well if that is what it takes.

Every team should be a little scared....

MONEY TALKS. Whenever it is not about the MONEY, it is always about the money.

If anything else, Texas would likely force other schools to nearly bankrupt themselves just to keep Texas at bay.

If Brown is let go, Saban will likely get a minimum of 4-5 million dollar raise out of panic from Bama.

:laugh3:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas can literally write a check for 50 million if that is what it takes.

They have almost unlimited money. 50 million is not even absurd for the Horns.

Heck, hey could pay all the assistants 2 million as well if that is what it takes.

Every team should be a little scared....

MONEY TALKS. Whenever it is not about the MONEY, it is always about the money.

If anything else, Texas would likely force other schools to nearly bankrupt themselves just to keep Texas at bay.

Stop kidding yourself bro. He has everything ALREADY that he could achieve at Texas. You
If Brown is let go, Saban will likely get a minimum of 4-5 million dollar raise out of panic from Bama.

Stop kidding yourself bro. Why would Saban wanna go to Texas to try to achieve what he's ALREADY achieving at Bama? I would be totally open to the idea of Saban going to Texas if Alabama wasn't as successful as we are, then I could see Saban going to Texas because of the resources and the possibility of winning lots of games and titles. Thing is, you don't leave Alabama for Texas when you are making 40mill and winning 3 titles in 4 seasons at Alabama. There is nothing left to achieve by going to Texas.

I feel like I been trolled into this...:lol:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MONEY always talks. People can talk about all the other things, but life is about money.

There is a price point for everything.

For example, if texas were to offer some ridiculous insane unrealistic sum like ONE BILLION dollars, you would have to admit that every coach would take it.

Saying that someone would never leave is false. The exaggerated Billion dollar example proves it.

The truth is everybody would leave a particular dollar amount.

And Texas has the ability to get those dollar figures to fairly ridiculous amounts.

then you add in the tradition, recruiting, city of Austin, weather, no state taxes......

No program will feel entirely safe about their coach IF Mack is fired.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, it ought not to be a big deal for you...we are paying Saban 40 million.

Shit, you're probably going to have to pay any good coach 50 million dollars based on the current shit storm. Not everybody in the college football world sees Texas through the same burnt orange glasses that some of you folks do.

From the outside looking in, if I were a coach I would want a long-term guaranteed deal, since there seems to be a fair amount of dysfunction at the moment from the Football staff through the Board of Regents, and instability is not good.

fair enough.

But Stampede I believe is talking about these numbers as signing bonuses.

Those numbers are being thrown around in Texas for a premier HC.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the country can out bid Texas for a HC.

If that is what it were to come down to.

Then you have the city of Austin being one of the best places in the country to live.

Not including you live in HS talent haven of the state of Texas.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough.

But Stampede I believe is talking about these numbers as signing bonuses.

Those numbers are being thrown around in Texas for a premier HC.

They aren't going to pay that much money. Any Texas fan who thinks they are "because we can" is fooling themselves. Alabama isn't that far behind in terms of money, but people with money don't tend to throw it away.

At best they will give someone 6 mil a year and make them the highest paid coach for the time. Beyond that is all just moral victory chest bumping from ignorant Texas fans.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the country can out bid Texas for a HC.

If that is what it were to come down to.

Then you have the city of Austin being one of the best places in the country to live.

Not including you live in HS talent haven of the state of Texas.

unless the thought of being surrounded by dirty hippies doesn't excite you.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to pay that much money. Any Texas fan who thinks they are "because we can" is fooling themselves. Alabama isn't that far behind in terms of money, but people with money don't tend to throw it away.

At best they will give someone 6 mil a year and make them the highest paid coach for the time. Beyond that is all just moral victory chest bumping from ignorant Texas fans.

I think you are wrong 4d20.

We live in a progression world in CFB. This is the next progression.

I could easily see an offer to Saban for $30 to $50 million signing bonus and $7 million a year.

Texas is the highest revenue earner in CFB not to count their multiple billionaire donors. (that are sick of losing)

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless the thought of being surrounded by dirty hippies doesn't excite you.

Wherever progressive and beautiful cities/states exist... U find lots of hippies.

Sure, one of the drawbacks. But it can be looked past easily.

Examples: Bay Area, Oregon, Washington, Colorado

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want USC to stay down so it affects recruiting a bit longer. Instead, they'll probably bring someone in who pumps out a bunch of sunshine and BS and still have a top 5 recruiting class, possibly with someone who actually coaches in charge.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is a great job as well.

They don't have tons of cash like Texas, but they offer far more privacy then most jobs.

Winning is appreciated but it is not demanded by the crazy locals.

There is too much else going on in Los Angeles. People have lives outside of college football.

LA likes when the Trojans win, but you are not going to have a bunch of redneck freaks egging your home in a small flyspeck hillbilly college town after a loss.

I think a lot of coaches like that about the USC job.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mack leaves, I hope Texas fans are ready for a new coach every 3-4 years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think Texas will have a new coach every 3-4 years?

Because what will happen is a big name will be brought in with "no expectations". Then after two years when he still is losing more than 1 game a year, the seat will warm up even though knowledgeable fans will know he needs time to get his guys in the system. The big money donors that worked to get Mack booted will say "this isn't what I'm paying for" and boot the next guy. Isn't that the usual trend when a long time coach is shown the door (aka doesn't retire on his own)?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my dream world, Mack is fired and we lure Gundy away from Okie jr who then hires Mike Singletary to be his DC.....Dynasty for the next 15 something years.....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because what will happen is a big name will be brought in with "no expectations". Then after two years when he still is losing more than 1 game a year, the seat will warm up even though knowledgeable fans will know he needs time to get his guys in the system. The big money donors that worked to get Mack booted will say "this isn't what I'm paying for" and boot the next guy. Isn't that the usual trend when a long time coach is shown the door (aka doesn't retire on his own)?

Maybe you should look at the coaching history of Texas.

It doesn't work that way at every school that fires a longtime coach.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should look at the coaching history of Texas.

It doesn't work that way at every school that fires a longtime coach.

Forgot, Texas is immune to what affects pretty much every other school

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot, Texas is immune to what affects pretty much every other school

Not saying their immune.....I'm saying Texas doesn't necessarily operate that way, and history is proof of this. Ohio State is much the same.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want USC to stay down so it affects recruiting a bit longer. Instead, they'll probably bring someone in who pumps out a bunch of sunshine and BS and still have a top 5 recruiting class, possibly with someone who actually coaches in charge.
-

Pardon me while I go all elitist snob. Recruiting can slump at USC, Texas, or Bama. We all have seen that. Recruits look at the state of the program and look at one time distasteful options as viable. The nice thing about being in that group of 10 or so names is that is is a temporary stain on the fabric of history. New coach comes in and excitement is reborn. Kids remember the "old days", perhaps with dad's help. It doesnt need to be Saban. A Fred Flinstone look alike boosted Michigan recruiting into the top 5. Mack Brown did it at Texas. Neither were the most exciting hires. Basically, the elite get an eraser.