• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC and TExas looking for a coach. Who's happy/sad?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban called and said he was considering leaving, he'd get a raise. My question is why would anyone believe he would leave? He has his players, BMOC, titles left and right literally, and no signs of slowing down. The only reason I could see him leaving is to jump to the NFL if he thinks there are NCAA issues (NOT saying there are).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban called and said he was considering leaving, he'd get a raise. My question is why would anyone believe he would leave? He has his players, BMOC, titles left and right literally, and no signs of slowing down. The only reason I could see him leaving is to jump to the NFL if he thinks there are NCAA issues (NOT saying there are).

I think he's closing in on retirement. Don't see him going to the NFL again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jeff Fisher and Jack Del Rio rumors are starting out here!! If things don't change pretty quickly, they're really gonna get loud!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jeff Fisher and Jack Del Rio rumors are starting out here!! If things don't change pretty quickly, they're really gonna get loud!!

Wonder if his son would transfer out of Alabama. He walked on.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
not about if he would leave, I do not think he would, it is about calling his bluff. I would not if I was Bama's AD. Dont think it will be just Saban. You can add Sumlin to that list probably

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
not about if he would leave, I do not think he would, it is about calling his bluff. I would not if I was Bama's AD. Dont think it will be just Saban. You can add Sumlin to that list probably

Pretty sure Saban and most of the staff get a raise every year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do people think, if both were fired, each HC would end up? My money is Mack would go the RC route and become an adviser for UT. Kiffin is still young enough that he would want another job, but who would associate with him when he has shown he will stab you in the back first chance he gets? Does he go for an OC job, or sit out a year and accept a smaller job somewhere?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do people think, if both were fired, each HC would end up? My money is Mack would go the RC route and become an adviser for UT. Kiffin is still young enough that he would want another job, but who would associate with him when he has shown he will stab you in the back first chance he gets? Does he go for an OC job, or sit out a year and accept a smaller job somewhere?

da da da, da da da

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Sumlin just got a raise and another good year will get him another one. Not worried about him leaving for another NCAA job, unless he thinks JFF is the only reason he is winning.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the annual Jon Gruden rumors for both as well....:crazy:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL QB coach for Kiff is my best guess. Somewhere on an offense NFL staff not OC.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL QB coach for Kiff is my best guess. Somewhere on an offense NFL staff not OC.

ah crap. hope he doesn't want to teamup with dad :gaah:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas can literally write a check for 50 million if that is what it takes.

They have almost unlimited money. 50 million is not even absurd for the Horns.

Heck, hey could pay all the assistants 2 million as well if that is what it takes.

Every team should be a little scared....

MONEY TALKS. Whenever it is not about the MONEY, it is always about the money.

If anything else, Texas would likely force other schools to nearly bankrupt themselves just to keep Texas at bay.

If Brown is let go, Saban will likely get a minimum of 4-5 million dollar raise out of panic from Bama.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, it ought not to be a big deal for you...we are paying Saban 40 million.

Shit, you're probably going to have to pay any good coach 50 million dollars based on the current shit storm. Not everybody in the college football world sees Texas through the same burnt orange glasses that some of you folks do.

From the outside looking in, if I were a coach I would want a long-term guaranteed deal, since there seems to be a fair amount of dysfunction at the moment from the Football staff through the Board of Regents, and instability is not good.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, it ought not to be a big deal for you...we are paying Saban 40 million.

Shit, you're probably going to have to pay any good coach 50 million dollars based on the current shit storm. Not everybody in the college football world sees Texas through the same burnt orange glasses that some of you folks do.

From the outside looking in, if I were a coach I would want a long-term guaranteed deal, since there seems to be a fair amount of dysfunction at the moment from the Football staff through the Board of Regents, and instability is not good.

Not to mention a dying conference, Mickey Mouse calling the shots, an AD who is a two faced ass, and a hot seat before you even sign on the dotted line.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heck, hey could pay all the assistants 2 million as well if that is what it takes.

Every team should be a little scared....

MONEY TALKS. Whenever it is not about the MONEY, it is always about the money.

If anything else, Texas would likely force other schools to nearly bankrupt themselves just to keep Texas at bay.

If Brown is let go, Saban will likely get a minimum of 4-5 million dollar raise out of panic from Bama.

ron-swanson-dont-even-care-gif.gif