• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC and TExas looking for a coach. Who's happy/sad?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that sanctions are a huge part of it but in reality those have barely taken effect. I hate to tell you but just because the sanctions are over in 2015 it will be at least 2017 before USC is close to recovery. Kiffin is part of it but no one and I mean no one loses 30 scholarships in 3 years and continues to compete on the highest level. They will have moments but they will be fleeting.

You may be right re: the time frame. Alot will depend on how many of the current players stick around for their senior year in 2015!! Next year is the last of the scholly reductions. I think that after next year we will be able to sign what ever is needed to get the numbers back up.

Speaking of possible replacements. I heard a guy on the radio today throw out and interesting name!!

Denny "They are who we thought they were" Green"!!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all likelihood Texas will get whomever they want. Not one single team in the country can outbid them. And the job comes with very little drawbacks:

1) More money than anywhere else - Whoever thinks this is not a factor is delusional. How much a person makes is relative. Just because he is already a millionaire does not mean he is disinterested in making more. People for the most part live up to their means, and regardless of income are still always looking at dreams and wishes of being able to do things their income cannot afford. $2 million more over 5 years, plus a $20 million signing bonus is still an extra flipping $30 million dollars. You honestly think someone would just disregard that away and not even dwell over it???

2) A State with no taxes.

3) Top2-3 recruiting grounds (if not the best) in the country.

4) Top facilities in the country.

5) A great city to live in.

6) One of the top programs of all time.

Whether it be Gruden, Fisher, Patterson, Saban, etc... Any coach will listen and listen carefully when Texas comes knocking.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is a NFL man and has never coached a single game in college football. Although he has strong ties with USC, being an alum and having a habit of snagging coaches and players from there, I don't see him going there to coach.

...although I hear he still owns property in Texas...:gossip:

The same was true of Pete Carroll when he became the USC head coach and Fisher is an alum whereas Pete Carroll was not!!