• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ugh Seattle just got even more harder to beat.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Seattle offered significantly less than what Allen wanted otherwise he would have signed the first time. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a one year deal either. The Seahawks have to resign Sherman, Wilson, and Thomas. Schneider is not a dumb guy. He is not going to tie up a bunch of money long-term to a declining DT when they have a number of their core to resign to big deals. I suspect they view Allen as a one or two year rental.

True… I"m sure the numbers were WAY below what he wants… Like you said probably a 1 year deal so it won't sting the cap next year… Our big 3 are gonna get $ next year … Just a fact...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True… I"m sure the numbers were WAY below what he wants… Like you said probably a 1 year deal so it won't sting the cap next year… Our big 3 are gonna get $ next year … Just a fact...

ok, and that is fine.

just don't think Allen will raise the Seattle D much more than what it already is? no matter what, it is on OUR offense to score on the Seattle D.....Allen or no Allen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly disagree. I'm pretty high on Ware though and he think he has some left in the tank. Just had a real crappy year in a new system and injuries last year.

Yes people forget that. The new system killed him and injuries. He still has something left. I remember people saying Mathis was done and he just had a good year.

Ware will be fine. I do agree Denver paid too much but they are going all in.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really upset when they re-signed Bennett, but I'm actually happy they signed Jared Allen. I always thought he could be the bust of the offseason (long-term). Hope he signed for a ton of up-front money.

That said... Seattle's defense: Ouch.

Meanwhile, the Niners' defense: :noidea: Taking applications for starting CB job. :drink:

Pretty sure Seattle's D is still taking applications for Cornerbacks as well as D-line depth. When you consider the best part of their D was their defensive backs they have gotten weaker.

I like our Linebackers and D-line a lot better than theirs. Both teams are fine at Safety, but both of us could use Corners. Seattle does however still have a true #1 Corner while we just have 2 above average starters right now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pretty sure Seattle's D is still taking applications for Cornerbacks as well as D-line depth. When you consider the best part of their D was their defensive backs they have gotten weaker.

I like our Linebackers and D-line a lot better than theirs. Both teams are fine at Safety, but both of us could use Corners. Seattle does however still have a true #1 Corner while we just have 2 above average starters right now.

Sherman, Maxwell, and Lane are still a pretty darn good group, particularly in their scheme. I agree our front-seven is better, but I don't think it's a huge gap. They have very good LBs and a DL that does a very nice job of rotating and maximizing their groupings.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
When you consider the best part of their D was their defensive backs they have gotten weaker.

Their DL was pretty damn good too. And Maxwell is no joke; he should fill in nicely for Thurmond.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their DL was pretty damn good too. And Maxwell is no joke; he should fill in nicely for Thurmond.

It was but teams inability to throw on them because of their DB's physical play was the difference maker for that D. The physical play they were able to put on receivers and get away with gave that D-Line more time to apply pressure. It forced teams into turnovers.

Not saying the D-Line was bad though. They were very good against the run otherwise stopping the pass would not have mattered.

You put their DB's on our team though and you likely have the best Defense to ever play in the NFL.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're not taking applications. Maxwell took over and kept the job over Browner and Thurmond the same way Sherman did a couple years ago. This is how we operate at CB. Jeremy Lane is also a starter on 90% of teams not named the Seahawks. We have young guys built big for our system waiting in the wings here too. Seattle's been drafting for the year after the draft for a couple years now. We were never "taking applications" for a CB position. If there's one position this leadership group has definitively proven it can produce, it's CBs.

Your LBs are great and your D line is very good, but our D line was a huge factor last year too. Don't believe me? Just watch the Super Bowl again. They were absolutely dominant. Cliff Avril and Chris Clemons especially. Clem is gone, yes, but Allen would fit in nicely if he were to sign. We also have a couple young guys who are expected to shine who were either injured last year or just deep behind a very deep rotation.

Now, you also said "both teams are fine at safety." Seattle has the best safety tandem in the league in Thomas and Chancellor. In most opinions that's really not a debate. We're not just fine. We're absolutely loaded.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was but teams inability to throw on them because of their DB's physical play was the difference maker for that D. The physical play they were able to put on receivers and get away with gave that D-Line more time to apply pressure. It forced teams into turnovers.

Not saying the D-Line was bad though. They were very good against the run otherwise stopping the pass would not have mattered.

You put their DB's on our team though and you likely have the best Defense to ever play in the NFL.
Tell that to the 2012 Seahawks, who were just as good in coverage but lacked consistent pressure from the D line. Clemons was our best rusher and got his knee torn up on that joke of a playoff field in Washington. The next game is in Atlanta and we couldn't get pressure when it counted despite blanket coverage by our DBs.

What did we do? We went out and got the 2 best pass rushers in free agency in Avril and Bennett. Our QB pressure was 100% better all season long because of those two guys and it led to the Super Bowl trophy.

So no, the difference maker was clearly the Dline's ability to pressure the QB, not the DB coverage. You have it backwards. The Dline's pressure forced the ball out sooner into great coverage, not the other way around. Great coverage is always beaten by time in the pocket but DB coverage doesn't itself provide consistent time for the Dline because coverage always breaks down.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to the 2012 Seahawks, who were just as good in coverage but lacked consistent pressure from the D line. Clemons was our best rusher and got his knee torn up on that joke of a playoff field in Washington. The next game is in Atlanta and we couldn't get pressure when it counted despite blanket coverage by our DBs.

What did we do? We went out and got the 2 best pass rushers in free agency in Avril and Bennett. Our QB pressure was 100% better all season long because of those two guys and it led to the Super Bowl trophy.

So no, the difference maker was clearly the Dline's ability to pressure the QB, not the DB coverage. You have it backwards. The Dline's pressure forced the ball out sooner into great coverage, not the other way around. Great coverage is always beaten by time in the pocket but DB coverage doesn't itself provide consistent time for the Dline because coverage always breaks down.

This is the truth…