• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA and USC to the Big Ten

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of the other 2 teams, Oregon hasn't been so dominant that they shouldn't worry.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for Notre Dame, when was the last time they played a truly hardcore schedule? It's not like Catholicism is that popular these days, NDm starts playing in a real conference and they could easily disappear into the history books much like Indiana BB.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is going to be though. In the past three sessions of our state legislature session they have been trying to combine UW and Wazzu athletics to get a piece of the pie towards the state budget. UW can want to leave but it is a public institution that the state won’t allow to leave unless their payday is also going to WSU. We are screwed right now but if UW goes we will get a nice payday and be the best set up athletic program on the west coast…crappy for sure but we can scoop the 3 stars who can’t go east and let them play in front of their moms and dads.
I really do hate the direction college football is going.

If UCLA can somehow find a way out in California, UW can probably find a way out. Biggest issue is that Ana Mari Cauce was somehow named chair of the PAC-12 conference. She's the president of the University of Washington, and I know her personally, she's an amazing person and highly intelligent, but her mentality isn't that of one who cares much about elevating sports programs.

Sadly, I think you and I are both fucked.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop embarrassing yourselves, lol. UMn dominates every god damned one of you wannabe B1G losers, with even Oregon playing against obviously inferior talent the last 6 years winning a whole ONE game more than Minnesota meaning very little to nothing. None of you dumb fucking losers can compete with B1G superiority, and hence why your conference is crumbling and the B1G is building up better. You can't even punk a middle of the pack B1G team, the lowly Gophers OWN your dumbasses and that has to be embarrassing, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking ONLY football, Minnesota outranks EVERY SINGLE one of the future potential B1G members, with the one exception of Notre Dame, who I believe doesn't want to be a part of the B1G for one specific reason, being a part of the B1G will expose them as the fakers they've been for a long time now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do hate the direction college football is going.

If UCLA can somehow find a way out in California, UW can probably find a way out. Biggest issue is that Ana Mari Cauce was somehow named chair of the PAC-12 conference. She's the president of the University of Washington, and I know her personally, she's an amazing person and highly intelligent, but her mentality isn't that of one who cares much about elevating sports programs.

Sadly, I think you and I are both fucked.
I could be way off on California politics but isn’t their direction trying to cut sports? In our state the politicians have been trying more and more to have the state control the athletic budgets which if I remember correctly was the hang up when the state was trying to pass the NIL legislation. Thus far I know a big issue was WSU grads not wanting to fund Eastern, Central and Western’s departments but now that shoe is on the other foot I am guessing votes will definitely be going to have UW fund the whole state.

Yeah it blows, but IMO this whole shit has been festering since the SWC dissolved. But never thought it would happen to the Pac whichever. And to put salt on the wounds it is the B1G. The Pac 10 stayed lock step with them when with hindsight it may have been more financially beneficial to tell them to pound sand when the BCS first came out.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking ONLY football, Minnesota outranks EVERY SINGLE one of the future potential B1G members, with the one exception of Notre Dame, who I believe doesn't want to be a part of the B1G for one specific reason, being a part of the B1G will expose them as the fakers they've been for a long time now.
DUDE. give it a rest. holy hell......

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the B1G is at 16 with USC and UCLA.

Go back to the west well one more time and grab Oregon and Washington, up to 18.

Go the East and grab NC & Duke? up to 20.

Then hope by that time ND is done being a bitch, and grab them and Boston College ? to get some more of the NE market. up to 22.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the B1G is at 16 with USC and UCLA.

Go back to the west well one more time and grab Oregon and Washington, up to 18.

Go the East and grab NC & Duke? up to 20.

Then hope by that time ND is done being a bitch, and grab them and Boston College ? to get some more of the NE market. up to 22.
I understand the NC/Duke argument, will add two stellar bb programs, and two more teams the top half of the B1G can pound on in cfb, both are good academically, but it's only adding one media market, it's why we've avoided ISU, Cincy, Pitt, etc.. And isn't Duke a small private college? I've cared so little about Duke that I never bothered to find out for sure, but the B1G type is big and public. I'd prefer to get UNC and someone else like Georgia Tech or Virginia or a Florida or Texas school. And I understand your reasoning for Boston College, but what other than media market does BC bring to the B1G? That Boston market might be worth it if that is all they add? I'm just curious if you have more reasons for liking them?

And if they go to 20 and pods/4 divisions, do they send Nebraska west to play the 4 western schools? I'm thinking they'll get 3 more West Coast schools to have 5 out there. I'd prefer Stanford.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of chatter about future expansion in the B1G and SEC the last few days. Not sure if any of it has any teeth or just fodder/clickbait from journalists.

Question for B1G/SEC fans… who would you want? Don’t want?

My VT Hokies seem to be getting left out of many of these conversations? I know the last 10 years (end of/post Beamer) hadn’t been great for them, but there is still a lot to like (and gain) by adding VT. I think they are just as most teams (minus Clemson/FSU/ and (pains me to say it)UNC.

Thoughts?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of chatter about future expansion in the B1G and SEC the last few days. Not sure if any of it has any teeth or just fodder/clickbait from journalists.

My VT Hokies seem to be getting left out of many of these conversations? I know the last 10 years (end of/post Beamer) hadn’t been great for them, but there is still a lot to like (and gain) by adding VT. I think they are just as most teams (minus Clemson/FSU/ and (pains me to say it)UNC.

Thoughts?
I think if the ACC gets pillaged, VT will be fine. I'd be shocked if the SEC didn't try to grab them pretty quickly. They seem to fit the SEC culture better than UVA does from what I can tell, which is why I think if UVA were to leave, it'd be for the B1G.
The schools in the ACC that'd probably have something to worry about if they went under would probably be BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest and possibly NC State and Pitt as well.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
Yeah, I see VT as probably getting picked up by the SEC if this expansion continues.

My wish list for the B1G would be 1. Stanford, 2. UCF(I know I'm the only one wanting this, but it makes sense, they'd have to get into the AAU first), 3. Virginia, 4. Georgia Tech, 5. Washington(I'd have them higher but I know they come as a package with chumps Oregon so I gotta knock em down to here), 6. UNC(they'd be higher but I know they come as a package deal with Duke, who I like almost as little as I do Oregon), 7. Cali, 8. Colorado, 9. Arizona, 10. Notre Dame, 11. Duke, 12. Boston College, 13. North Dakota St(lol, just a dig at Oregon, 14. Utah, 15. Kansas, 16. TCU, 17. Arizona St., 18. Louisville, 19.Miami, 20. FSU. 21. Oregon

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see VT as probably getting picked up by the SEC if this expansion continues.

My wish list for the B1G would be 1. Stanford, 2. UCF(I know I'm the only one wanting this, but it makes sense, they'd have to get into the AAU first), 3. Virginia, 4. Georgia Tech, 5. Washington(I'd have them higher but I know they come as a package with chumps Oregon so I gotta knock em down to here), 6. UNC(they'd be higher but I know they come as a package deal with Duke, who I like almost as little as I do Oregon), 7. Cali, 8. Colorado, 9. Arizona, 10. Notre Dame, 11. Duke, 12. Boston College, 13. North Dakota St(lol, just a dig at Oregon, 14. Utah, 15. Kansas, 16. TCU, 17. Arizona St., 18. Louisville, 19.Miami, 20. FSU. 21. Oregon

No VT? Haha? I think they fit that profile ok too..

I know VT isn’t AAU (yet), but I think they have been working on it and may be invited in the next 5-10 years from what I understand.

I would be completely fine with B1G. But I agree, for the culture a bit better and I would personally prefer the SEC.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No VT? Haha? I think they fit that profile ok too..

I know VT isn’t AAU (yet), but I think they have been working on it and may be invited in the next 5-10 years from what I understand.

I would be completely fine with B1G. But I agree, for the culture a bit better and I would personally prefer the SEC.
If Virginia went to the SEC, then I'd just swap VT on my list. Nothing against VT, just think the B1G favors State Universities over Tech Colleges, but I know they were looking at Georgia Tech, but that's in part because Georgia isn't leaving the SEC and the ACC is the more vulnerable conference. So if UV wasn't available, I'd have no problem going with Virginia Tech.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what it’s about

How's that working for Texas? They sort of suck at football recently and are going to get a big surprise when they join the SEC. Money alone is not enough. You Oregondeers know this full well, all of Uncle Phil's money has garnered you ONE win more than the Gophers over the last 6 seasons. WOW!!! And still, zero Natl Titles. I mean, it helped you all in Track, and your bb is improved for sure. I'll grant you that. But just like Texas, money alone will never be enough.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L

Lol - Minnesota is a nothing burger. We’ve been through this many times. Step aside Um, Rutgers, Nebraska and Indiana can battle. With the 6 schools coming into the conference Um will slip 6 more slots.
You've seen what I've posted recently, still want to stick to this bs? lol

Through in the 6 from the ACC that are possibilities and Kansas with the 6 from the PAC outside of Oregon, and UMn has MORE WINS than all 13 of those teams in the last year, the last 2 non-covid years, the last 3 years including 2020, and the last 4 years as well. ALL THIRTEEN!!!

So maybe you are just dumb or so biased you are that blind or just couldn't care? But whatever you are, you are wrong!!!

I even looked further back, and see a trend, a VERY GOOD TREND for the likes of Minnesota, not so much for the likes of Miami, FSU, Washington, Stanford, etc., teams that WERE pretty good awhile back, but the trend shows UMn, in great part because of their new coach, getting better while all of those other schools are struggling.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's that working for Texas? They sort of suck at football recently and are going to get a big surprise when they join the SEC. Money alone is not enough. You Oregondeers know this full well, all of Uncle Phil's money has garnered you ONE win more than the Gophers over the last 6 seasons. WOW!!! And still, zero Natl Titles. I mean, it helped you all in Track, and your bb is improved for sure. I'll grant you that. But just like Texas, money alone will never be enough.

Here's a quick comparison of Minnesota & Texas football the last 10 years.

Minnesota. winning seasons- 6 / 10 win seasons- 1 / bowl record- 5-3

Texas. winning seasons- 6 / 10 win seasons- 1 / bowl record- 5-2

"zero Natl Titles"

Last time Texas won a national title was 2005.

Last time Minnesota won a national title was 1960.

Always trying to over-pimp anything Minnesota.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"zero Natl Titles"

No one gives a shit what Texas did in 2005, that's just as ancient of history as 1960 to the modern recruit, I mean, come the fuck on Wamu, you don't realize this, how short of attention span the modern recruit has??? What has UT done for anyone lately?

When has Texas surpassed what Minnesota has done the last 4, 6, 8, 10 years?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"zero Natl Titles"

Do you have a clue what is relevant to the modern recruit?