• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA and USC to the Big Ten

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has won more games than 13 of the 15 schools already in or in consideration for entry into the B1G in the last year, last 2 non-covid years, the last 3 years, and the last 4 years!!!!!!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one gives a shit what Texas did in 2005, that's just as ancient of history as 1960 to the modern recruit, I mean, come the fuck on Wamu, you don't realize this, how short of attention span the modern recruit has??? What has UT done for anyone lately?

When has Texas surpassed what Minnesota has done the last 4, 6, 8, 10 years?

You're fucking high comparing Minny to Texas and USC.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fucking high comparing Minny to Texas and USC.
Minnesota FOOTBALL compares quite favorably with both USC and Texas the last year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years AND 6 years!!!

And BOTH have been competing in inferior conferences. So UMn's outperforming them both is even that much more significant.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP lots of conferences, looks like we're heading to 3-4 mega conferences. Big Ten, SEC, ACC, and that's about it

Maybe in 10-20 years they will just scrap conferences and put the biggest 20 teams in one pool and just have that be Division I. Then the rest of the schools can go back to being amateur competitions, and some can drop football entirely. Maybe a relegation type scheme as well so the big Div I list can change over time.

Have a 32 team college football league. It works for the NFL.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota FOOTBALL compares quite favorably with both USC and Texas the last year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years AND 6 years!!!

And BOTH have been competing in inferior conferences. So UMn's outperforming them both is even that much more significant.

Because Texas and USC have been led by bad coaches. Minnesota will NEVER recruit or have a national title capable team again. Texas and USC almost certainly will.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explains a lot...

Makes sense. I might still watch the big events like the CFP and Final Four, but I stopped being a hardcore fan of college football and basketball about 10 years ago. They pretend it's amateur athletics, so the players don't get paid, but it's really all about the money. Plus, it's an inferior product to the NFL and NBA, so why should I spend my time and money on it?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. I might still watch the big events like the CFP and Final Four, but I stopped being a hardcore fan of college football and basketball about 10 years ago. They pretend it's amateur athletics, so the players don't get paid, but it's really all about the money. Plus, it's an inferior product to the NFL and NBA, so why should I spend my time and money on it?

I still enjoy college sports but gotta admit even as OSU has been one of the dominant cfb entities the sport itself has been kind of boring and predictable. There are a clear 5 teams that have so separated from the pack it has had a negative effect on the rest.

And I know it's generally been that way but it just feels even more exaggerated now.

I'd prefer a better playoff system but most importantly an improvement in the OOC schedules. Give us something to get excited about in September.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll still watch USC Football pretty religiously and college football in general. But college basketball lost me years ago with the 1-&-dones. And yeah - the amateur aspects are long, long gone. Truth of the matter is the old alma mater stuff never really mattered when you get right down to it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll still watch USC Football pretty religiously and college football in general. But college basketball lost me years ago with the 1-&-dones. And yeah - the amateur aspects are long, long gone. Truth of the matter is the old alma mater stuff never really mattered when you get right down to it.

College football is still watchable, but OMG, college basketball is so terrible.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a 32 team college football league. It works for the NFL.
Fine by me, I don't follow college football at all. Wouldn't surprise me if that's where it ends up in 20 years. 32 major schools, maybe with relegation so others can try to break into the mix. The rest can have teams or not, with actual amateurs. The major league would basically be a pro league with college mascots.

For you folks that follow the sport, for shits and gigs, what 32 teams would you enlist if it happened today?

Obviously Alabama, OSU, Clemson, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, OU, USC, UCLA, Wisconsin, Auburn, pretty much half of the SEC (maybe not Vandy or Ole Miss) and Big Ten (maybe not Northwestern or Rutgers)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine by me, I don't follow college football at all. Wouldn't surprise me if that's where it ends up in 20 years. 32 major schools, maybe with relegation so others can try to break into the mix. The rest can have teams or not, with actual amateurs. The major league would basically be a pro league with college mascots.

For you folks that follow the sport, for shits and gigs, what 32 teams would you enlist if it happened today?

Obviously Alabama, OSU, Clemson, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, OU, USC, UCLA, Wisconsin, Auburn, pretty much half of the SEC (maybe not Vandy or Ole Miss) and Big Ten (maybe not Northwestern or Rutgers)

Add Texas, Oregon, Miami, and Florida State. Heck, BYU and Boise State might be as deserving as any of the teams that you didn't name.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Texas and USC have been led by bad coaches. Minnesota will NEVER recruit or have a national title capable team again. Texas and USC almost certainly will.
Texas is closer to being the next Nebraska, lol. USC maybe, but they have to beat teams first, that's something they haven't accomplished for a long time, at least not at the level UMn has, vs tougher competition. Minnesota CAN outrecruit every team coming into the B1G. I heard they were Top Ten for awhile this year. Now they are something like Top 25 for the class of 2023 and I don't think Fleck needs Top Ten talent to do what he's trying to do. Just needs the right people.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is closer to being the next Nebraska, lol. USC maybe, but they have to beat teams first, that's something they haven't accomplished for a long time, at least not at the level UMn has, vs tougher competition. Minnesota CAN outrecruit every team coming into the B1G. I heard they were Top Ten for awhile this year. Now they are something like Top 25 for the class of 2023 and I don't think Fleck needs Top Ten talent to do what he's trying to do. Just needs the right people.
You have a lot of Minnesota confidence and pride, good for you. But we will all see what happens and Minnesota ever being a real factor in CFB is not going to happen.

I don't even watch the sport, I just know from seeing the ones who do here respond to you. It's not gonna happen.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets make a list of the Top 24, 32, 40, 48, 64 teams, see if you can figure out a way to keep Minnesota out, I don't think you can, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a lot of Minnesota confidence and pride, good for you. But we will all see what happens and Minnesota ever being a real factor in CFB is not going to happen.

I don't even watch the sport, I just know from seeing the ones who do here respond to you. It's not gonna happen.
You see that NONE of the teams wanting to come into the B1G have won as many games as UMn, right? LOL

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see that NONE of the teams wanting to come into the B1G have won as many games as UMn, right? LOL
It doesn't matter what I see. I know for a fact MN will never be a major player again. Never. And all we have to do is watch for me to be right.

And are you asking if I know that MN has more alltime wins than say USC? They probably do, but that has fuck all to do with MN today or tomorrow.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are essentially 15 schools that want into the B1G or that the B1G wants.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what I see. I know for a fact MN will never be a major player again. Never. And all we have to do is watch for me to be right.
Watch what? UMn WIN MORE GAMES than any of the 13 teams wanting into the B1G, in the last year

and the last 2 non-covid years?

and the last 3 years

and the last 4 years as well???

Maybe you are blind as a bat? Maybe if you don't have a clue what you are talking about you should STFU??? eh?