• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA and USC to the Big Ten

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 teams either got in or trying to get into the B1G... UCLA-USC-UW-Cal-Col-Stan-KU-UNC-UV-GT-Duke-Mia-FSU

Not one single one of them out performed Minnesota in 2021, or 2019 & 2021, or 2019-2021, or 2018-2021, or 2017-2021.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't wait too long, I honestly hope ND waits too long and loses out, lol.

I'm Unusure..................

One one hand. That NBC money is good money.

On the other. More Top level recurits for us to straut our stuff over.

You know what i mean

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only positive is that Minnesota will have about 5 years before they could stay within 2 scores of a SoCal school.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G could add Notre Dame, and limit the conference to 6 schools and Minnesota would probably be one of those 6 schools. Minnesota is an untouchable. We'll ALWAYS be P whatever,

False. But it's an irrelevant exercise. The BIG is adding teams

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 teams either got in or trying to get into the B1G... UCLA-USC-UW-Cal-Col-Stan-KU-UNC-UV-GT-Duke-Mia-FSU

Not one single one of them out performed Minnesota in 2021, or 2019 & 2021, or 2019-2021, or 2018-2021, or 2017-2021.

It's funny how you shift timelines to suit your purpose. Because Minnesota is absolutely dog shit in hoops too you harken back to peach basket basketball. But in this instance six of those schools have a won a title in the last 2 generations now its 2005 may as well been a 100 years ago.

Regardless of that Texas is Texas and USC is USC both because of history and the fact they lie in 2 of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.

So no...Texas will never be in danger of being Nebraska because they are in Texas.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "fact" are you claiming? Minnesota has been a top contender for the Div Title several times recently, and not one single new B1G member, threatens that, not one. If Notre Dame joins they will be in the East Division, UMn's won more games than USC recently, and WAY MORE games than UCLA, and has won more games than UW, Stanford, Cali and Colorado as well.

So what is your ignorant point?

A contender for the top of one half (The weaker half) of the Big 10... OOoooooooooooooooooo.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less what PJ Fleck's politics are, I only care about his coaching decisions and his recruiting and how well his STUDENT-athletes are doing in the classroom.

He doesn't go around lying about me, so I have no reason to associate him with politicians.

And I did NOT call you a Democrat, I said you ACTED LIKE a democrat. It's called reading comprehension dude. Look into it.
That means you care a little.
-Weird Al...Word Crimes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a clue what is relevant to the modern recruit?

You think Minnesota football is relevant right now. It's not. You were talking shit about Texas. You mentioned national titles. The Long Horns have won a national title much more recently than the Gophers.

Can you go one day without being a super-homer?

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize, that of the 13 schools either moving into the B1G or hoping to get in, NOT ONE SINGLE ONE won more games in football in their panzy ass conferences than Minnesota did in the legit B1G, the last year, or the last 2 non covid years, or the last 3 years, OR THE LAST FOUR!!!!!!!!

Not one single one. 13 schools. UMn beat them all, last year, the last 2, the last 3, the last 4.

No high school recruit gives a shit that Texas won a Title in 2005. Or that Minnesota beat Bama in a bowl game around that time, either.
Consider this: Fleck is 2-8 at Minnesota against Top 25 opponents. He is 3-14 against Big Ten opponents with a record above .500, and 0-5 against Iowa and 1-3 against Wisconsin.

The program isn't going anywhere.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. But it's an irrelevant exercise. The BIG is adding teams
Who are the 6 schools that would for sure get in over Minnesota? 1. Michigan, 2. Ohio St., 3. Penn St., 4. Wisconsin, 5. Notre Dame, 6. ???

Rutgers? No.
Maryland? No.
Purdue? No.
Indiana? No.
Nebraska? No.
Iowa? No.

That gets us down to 9.

NW? No. Down to 8.

Illinois?
Michigan St?

Those are the only two that an argument could be made for. But MSU BB is only as good as their coach remains the coach, and MSU's been a little better than Minnesota at football, but no way the B1G would give up a Top Ten media footprint and all of the alums that UMn has produced to keep a team, MSU, who is the 2nd Michigan school. Illinois could make a good argument that they'd be that 6th team over Minnesota, I can admit that. But I feel that Minnesota would still get the nod over the Illini. Many of you may not understand this, but hockey DOES generate revenue, and fills time on the BTN, and has lots of fans, and all 5 of the teams listed at the top of this post have hockey programs, so if Illinois and Minnesota are equal in every other way, hockey would be the tie-breaker. B1G's not losing it's most prolific hockey program.

Minnesota also outperforms the Illini in baseball, wrestling, softball & volleyball, and yes, in football.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only positive is that Minnesota will have about 5 years before they could stay within 2 scores of a SoCal school.
Sept 11, 2011, UMn traveled to California and played USC on their home field and lost by less than a field goal. 17-19.

I'd say Minnesota is a better football program now than they were then.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the 6 schools that would for sure get in over Minnesota? 1. Michigan, 2. Ohio St., 3. Penn St., 4. Wisconsin, 5. Notre Dame, 6. ???

Rutgers? No.
Maryland? No.
Purdue? No.
Indiana? No.
Nebraska? No.
Iowa? No.

That gets us down to 9.

NW? No. Down to 8.

Illinois?
Michigan St?

Those are the only two that an argument could be made for. But MSU BB is only as good as their coach remains the coach, and MSU's been a little better than Minnesota at football, but no way the B1G would give up a Top Ten media footprint and all of the alums that UMn has produced to keep a team, MSU, who is the 2nd Michigan school. Illinois could make a good argument that they'd be that 6th team over Minnesota, I can admit that. But I feel that Minnesota would still get the nod over the Illini. Many of you may not understand this, but hockey DOES generate revenue, and fills time on the BTN, and has lots of fans, and all 5 of the teams listed at the top of this post have hockey programs, so if Illinois and Minnesota are equal in every other way, hockey would be the tie-breaker. B1G's not losing it's most prolific hockey program.

Minnesota also outperforms the Illini in baseball, wrestling, softball & volleyball, and yes, in football.

Nobody give a fuck about baseball, wrestling, softball, volleyball.

This is the stupid shit you always do. The topic is football. You know damn well Minnesota's glory days in football were many, many decades ago. Their peak was in the 30's & 40's. And you think that makes them relevant. There's a reason why they haven't won a national title since 1960.

When's the last time they've been in the running on a regular basis for a conference title? When's the last time they've been mentioned in the national title picture?

Minnesota football is improving under Fleck. But what has he won? The answer is nothing.

You're completely incapable of being rational.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how you shift timelines to suit your purpose. Because Minnesota is absolutely dog shit in hoops too you harken back to peach basket basketball. But in this instance six of those schools have a won a title in the last 2 generations now its 2005 may as well been a 100 years ago.

Regardless of that Texas is Texas and USC is USC both because of history and the fact they lie in 2 of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.

So no...Texas will never be in danger of being Nebraska because they are in Texas.
Nebraska is the only Div 1 school in Nebraska. They didn't thrive as they did because the football recruits in Nebraska were so good back then and so bad now.

Texas is not the only school in Texas. Texas A&M, TCU, Baylor, and now Houston are all schools who are in Texas, too. And now all the SEC schools are going to be playing games in Texas's stadium, which will help their ability to recruit Texas high school players out from under Texas.

And my talk of historical accomplishments have nothing to do with current abilities to recruit players to Minnesota, things like our sort of new football stadium, our pretty new Practice Facility, and our fairly new football coach, our historic bb arena and our brand new coach, who the jury is still out on, he's only had one season so far, but fans are unanimous in being happy with how he coaches, now it's a waiting game to see how well he recruits.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody give a fuck about baseball, wrestling, softball, volleyball.

This is the stupid shit you always do. The topic is football. You know damn well Minnesota's glory days in football were many, many decades ago. Their peak was in the 30's & 40's. And you think that makes them relevant. There's a reason why they haven't won a national title since 1960.

When's the last time they've been in the running on a regular basis for a conference title? When's the last time they've been mentioned in the national title picture?

Minnesota football is improving under Fleck. But what has he won? The answer is nothing.

You're completely incapable of being rational.
He's won more football games in the last 4 years than UCLA, USC, Wash, Cali, Col, Stanford, UNC, Virg, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, FSU, Kansas and since they got brought up, Texas!!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's won more football games in the last 4 years than UCLA, USC, Wash, Cali, Col, Stanford, UNC, Virg, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, FSU, Kansas and since they got brought up, Texas!!!!

No you mentioned Texas. And big deal. So over the last four years he's won more games than those teams. So you're bragging about beating average or worse teams. Good for you.

You even mentioned Colorado? Stop the nonsense homer. I live in CU country and the Buffs football program is a dumpster fire. You're bragging about beating them, really? Incredible.

Now let's compare Minnesota football to these teams. I wanna see you say the Gophers are better than or on the same level as Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, Michigan State, meeeechegan and Clemson.

You deserved to be laughed at by everyone.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this: Fleck is 2-8 at Minnesota against Top 25 opponents. He is 3-14 against Big Ten opponents with a record above .500, and 0-5 against Iowa and 1-3 against Wisconsin.

The program isn't going anywhere.
Iowa and Wisconsin had established coaches when Fleck got there. Last 2 non-covid seasons, he had 3 losses by 3, 4 & 5 points. And an easy win over surging Wisconsin, and Fleck's also won every Bowl game he's coached the Gophers in.

With improved recruiting, and Ferentz is getting old, Minnesota could easily take over control of the West Division.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you mentioned Texas. And big deal. So over the last four years he's won more games than those teams. So you're bragging about beating average or worse teams. Good for you.

You even mentioned Colorado? Stop the nonsense homer. I live in CU country and the Buffs football program is a dumpster fire. You're bragging about beating them, really? Incredible.

Now let's compare Minnesota football to these teams. I wanna see you say the Gophers are better than or on the same level as Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, Michigan State, meeeechegan and Clemson.

You deserved to be laughed at by everyone.
I only mentioned Colorado because they are one of the teams being considered for entry into the B1G, same with the other 12 teams I mentioned. I was just pointing out how Minnesota, playing in a tougher conference than the Pac and the ACC, did better than each and every school that is coming or may come into the B1G from those Conferences, with the only exception being Oregon, whose only won ONE legit game more than UMn over the last 6 years, and Oregon played in an easier conference.