• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA and USC to the Big Ten

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how's this going to work, if the B1G stands pat at 16, the East going to get Purdue and the West gets both USC and UCLA? Or will they wait until they add another 4 teams and go to four 5 team pods? Then they could add 3 more Pac schools to fill out the West Coast Pod, and possibly Notre Dame? So then Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois would probably be the north central pod? Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St, Ohio St and Notre Dame could be the Eastern Pod, and NW, Purdue, Michigan, MSU and Indiana could be the East Central Pod, maybe? Keeps most of the traditional rivalries together, with the obvious exception of OSU vs Michigan but I was thinking as much about geography as I was about trying to spread out the better teams a little? You could swap NW or Purdue with Ohio St as far as I'm concerned, but that might not make Notre Dame happy and I'm not sure how much the B1G wants Notre Dame? I mean I know they want them, but I am not sure how much they are willing to cater to their wants?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow are you dumb. We've been over this before. Here's a recap for you.

-I don't support Biden or the dem's (I didn't vote for him)

-I don't watch cnn, msnbc, fox or any other cable news outlets

-you will never find a single comment of mine supporting Biden or the dem's

-all politicians are career bullshit artists, so I support neither side

I have a bet for you that I know you don't have the backbone to take. Find a single comment of mine where I have supported the dem's and I'll leave this site for good.

but

When you don't find any comments of mine supporting/defending them you leave this site for good.

It's time for you to just once back your bullshit up. Take my bet.
I didn't say you WERE a Democrat, I said you sounded and acted like one. It was meant to be an insult you moron. lol

JD Racer Dad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how's this going to work, if the B1G stands pat at 16, the East going to get Purdue and the West gets both USC and UCLA? Or will they wait until they add another 4 teams and go to four 5 team pods? Then they could add 3 more Pac schools to fill out the West Coast Pod, and possibly Notre Dame? So then Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois would probably be the north central pod? Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St, Ohio St and Notre Dame could be the Eastern Pod, and NW, Purdue, Michigan, MSU and Indiana could be the East Central Pod, maybe? Keeps most of the traditional rivalries together, with the obvious exception of OSU vs Michigan but I was thinking as much about geography as I was about trying to spread out the better teams a little? You could swap NW or Purdue with Ohio St as far as I'm concerned, but that might not make Notre Dame happy and I'm not sure how much the B1G wants Notre Dame? I mean I know they want them, but I am not sure how much they are willing to cater to their wants?
I believe and hope that at 16 they will go with the 3-6-6 model.
3 permanent opponents.
And then the remaining 6 every other year.
You end up playing everyone home and away in a four year period.

Top two at the end of the year play each other.

The NCAA did away with the conference requirement.
The ACC went to a 3-5-5 model.
The PAC12 and the BIG Ten are the only conferences playing 9 games in conference.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you WERE a Democrat, I said you sounded and acted like one. It was meant to be an insult you moron. lol

PJ Fleck is a liberal. And you've incorrectly called me a democrat several times in multiple threads now. So I misread what you said. Does it really matter?

I've noticed a pattern with you. Once you run outta bullshit to say about all things Gophers it's you that always has to bring up politics in an attempt to change the topic.

Stay on topic and stick to sports. Nobody in this thread cares about your political agenda.

All have to do is act like a rational fan. But you've shown that you're incapable of doing that.

Like I've told you before nothing wrong in having some pride, or whatever you wanna call it, in teams you root for. But you take your excitement for all things Minnesota way too far.

Always having to prove something. Minnesota did this in in the 1930 & 40's. They did that in 60's. And so on. Just be a normal fan. You act like your # 1 school is better than all others. You take everything too far.

I know this won't sink in. But I thought I'd give it one more try.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ Fleck is a liberal. And you've incorrectly called me a democrat several times in multiple threads now. So I misread what you said. Does it really matter?

I've noticed a pattern with you. Once you run outta bullshit to say about all things Gophers it's you that always has to bring up politics in an attempt to change the topic.

Stay on topic and stick to sports. Nobody in this thread cares about your political agenda.

All have to do is act like a rational fan. But you've shown that you're incapable of doing that.

Like I've told you before nothing wrong in having some pride, or whatever you wanna call it, in teams you root for. But you take your excitement for all things Minnesota way too far.

Always having to prove something. Minnesota did this in in the 1930 & 40's. They did that in 60's. And so on. Just be a normal fan. You act like your # 1 school is better than all others. You take everything too far.

This is why fredsdeadfriend goes after everything but the topic of Football

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's what he does. Almost every thread he's in he has to bring politics up.

There are plenty of political threads on this site.

I don't want to see this one get derailed by his nonstop nonsense.

Just stick to sports. Is that too much to ask for?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Ten FBS schools at producing Academic All-Americans

1. Nebraska - 347
2. Stanford - 274 (18 this year moved them up past Notre Dame)
3. Notre Dame - 271
4. Penn State - 213
5. Alabama - 210
6. MINNESOTA - 178
7. Michigan - 158
8. Florida - 155
9. Georgia - 149
10. Mich St - 145

Half of the Top Ten are B1G schools. 3 SEC schools, just 1 Pac school.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could care less what PJ Fleck's politics are, I only care about his coaching decisions and his recruiting and how well his STUDENT-athletes are doing in the classroom.

He doesn't go around lying about me, so I have no reason to associate him with politicians.

And I did NOT call you a Democrat, I said you ACTED LIKE a democrat. It's called reading comprehension dude. Look into it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less what PJ Fleck's politics are, I only care about his coaching decisions and his recruiting and how well his STUDENT-athletes are doing in the classroom.

He doesn't go around lying about me, so I have no reason to associate him with politicians.

And I did NOT call you a Democrat, I said you ACTED LIKE a democrat. It's called reading comprehension dude. Look into it.

I don't care. Just stop with your silly political agenda. If you mention it again I won't respond.

Keep this about sports.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against talking about football.

This is a thread about USC and UCLA coming into the B1G and the related issue of further conference realignment/expansion of the B1G and other conferences, and possible programs that might get cut and the main targets talked about coming into the B1G, are from the Pac and I've proven how NONE of these additions will threaten Minnesota's chances of getting to a Conf Championship unless Divisions are done away with, which is a different issue altogether and has nothing to do with new programs coming into the conference.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lie, about what I say about sports. That simple.

Are you really suggesting you don't over-pimp all things Minnesota?

That's what I'm saying you do.

But you call me a liar for saying that?

Alrighty then.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think The B1G should bring in UCF for this very reason, they dwarf Oregon in the R & D spending, are possibly the largest school in the nation now, was founded by a B1G graduate, and getting into the Florida media market would be huge. I'm sure there are a ton of B1G alums down in Florida as well, and Florida football recruiting has to be WAY better than Oregon.

And they'd be someone for everyone else to beat up on, at least until they decide to take their sports more seriously.
Not Football related other than mentioning recruiting without any additional support.

Because it's not in the ACC, so no dealing with that headache, and UCF is doing way more in R & D than both Miami and FSU which is worth more money, and both of their fb programs are not kicking ass right now, so why not go with the R & D money from UCF, and UCF is the largest university in the country I think, so they'll produce way more alumni. They'd be sort of a project, but they'd be a project with a TON of upward potential.
Not Football related

No, there is nothing wrong with me dude. But there could be something wrong with you? You lie, you make sh1t up, you MUST be a Democrat because you act just like those nutjobs obsessed with trying to take down Trump. They started by LYING about what he said, then they went on to continue telling the same lies over and over and over and over again hoping people would believe their bullsh1t lies. And just like you, they obsess with trying to take him down.

I NEVER said UMn football was on par with Notre Dame football historically, you nutjob. Stop lying.

I NEVER even came close to claiming UMn has accomplished more in CFB than any other team in the conference, are you insane? Where do you come up with this sh1t?

And as for hockey, I have repeated many times my argument for why UMn is #1 in hockey all-time. NO ONE looks only at the #1 of natl titles a program has, regardless of the sport. UMn Baseball is a prime example of this, as their 3 Natl Titles would rank them something like 8th best all-time in college baseball history. Do you really think that UMn is the 8th best college baseball program in college baseball history??? I don't think they are that high. That sport has changed, and no northern school would be in the Top Ten anymore. UMn might have an argument for being among the Top 20, but that won't last long either since it's almost impossible for northern Baseball teams to compete with the southern schools.

#1 in NCAA tourney appearances,
#1 in NCAA tourney wins,
#1 in producing Hobey Baker Award winners,
#1 in producing NHL players,
#1 in producing NHL points,
#1 in producing US Hockey Hall of Famers,
#1 in producing Hockey Hall of Famers,
#1 in producing US Olympic players, and it's not even close, it's twice as many as every program in the nation except for one,
#1 in producing US Olympic Gold Medalists, and it's not even close, it's like 4 times as many as the 2nd best program???

UMn is largely responsible for helping to build up the programs at UM-Duluth, St Cloud St U(their Arena is named after a Gopher), Mankato St, Bemidji St and Wisconsin as well, and an argument could be made for UND, too. The sport of college hockey thrives here in America, and America can compete with the best in the world now because of the efforts of the University of Minnesota to build up the sport here in Minnesota, to the point where all of those little brother programs have grown up and gang up on UMn in regard to getting the best home grown Minnesota players. Minnesota used to take ONLY Minnesota born players, possibly the only college sports program ever in college sports history to make such a commitment and fulfill the commitment. This was something they did as a followup to an earlier commitment to recruit ONLY American born and raised players, in protest to the unpatriotic actions of Michigan and Denver who recruited heavily out of Canada. It was Minnesota's efforts and actions that put pressure on DU and Michigan and got those schools to change their recruiting practices that were doing nothing to help US hockey and everything to help Canadian hockey. Both Michigan and DU went a long time without winning any titles because of their not loading up on older Canadian players anymore.
Not Football related

See, this is what I am talking about, you exaggerate and outright lie to try to make a point, you are so much of a big fat liar, I don't think anyone actually agrees with you, but they let you go without saying anything because they either don't like me or just ignore our interactions or get some entertainment out of our back and forth.

But I've only claimed UMn was elite when they were deserving of such a label. Such as in their producing Academic All-Americans, they came in #2 in the nation behind only Stanford, who everyone comes in behind these days. And it wasn't just a fluke year, UMn was only behind Bama and Stanford in the production of Academic All-Americans for the last 4-5 years prior to this year. And historically UMn moved up to #11 all-time and that's including every school out there, even non-division 1 schools.

As for 24/7 sports, collegefootballnews and espn, they ALL DO HAVE BIASED AGENDAS, they either have gone "woke", or put out stuff to pander to their advertisers or to get the most clicks. That's common knowledge.

I NEVER claimed they were biased because they didn't have the Gophers ranked Top Ten all-time, YOU made that bullsh1t up, that's what you do, you lie and you make sh1t up, all the time. You'd make a great Democrat. I said the tip-top25 guy wasn't biased because he had no advertisers to keep happy and he had no need to get clicks. He simply included college football history from before 1936, plain and simple.
Not Football related other than to claim about wokeness, which isn't football related

Stop lying and making sh1t up, maybe? Oh, that would be like asking a Democrat politician to stop lying, or asking CNN to stop lying. Ain't never going to happen.
Not Football related

Not Football related

I have nothing against talking about football.
Then stop talking about Hockey, R&D, Olympic Sports, and Politics On a football forum.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Football related other than mentioning recruiting without any additional support.

Not Football related

Not Football related

Not Football related other than to claim about wokeness, which isn't football related

Not Football related

Not Football related

Then stop talking about Hockey, R&D, Olympic Sports, and Politics On a football forum.
Conference re-alignment, which affects all of Div 1 college football big time, is not going to be determined completely by football.

Title IX is a political ideology which has transformed college athletics, including football.

The B1G Conf cares more about R & D and a schools status as an AAU member than they do how many wins they have in football.

I only bring up hockey to set the record straight because nutjob Wamu drags it with him everywhere he goes and brings it up everywhere he runs across me in any forum or thread. When did I bring up Olympic sports other than to mention how a college revenue sport contributes to them. And I didn't bring up politics other than to say Wamu lies like Democrats lie.

Btw, several of those comments you criticized as being "Not Football related", were in fact football "related".

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference re-alignment, which affects all of Div 1 college football big time, is not going to be determined completely by football.

Title IX is a political ideology which has transformed college athletics, including football.

The B1G Conf cares more about R & D and a schools status as an AAU member than they do how many wins they have in football.

I only bring up hockey to set the record straight because nutjob Wamu drags it with him everywhere he goes and brings it up everywhere he runs across me in any forum or thread. When did I bring up Olympic sports other than to mention how a college revenue sport contributes to them. And I didn't bring up politics other than to say Wamu lies like Democrats lie.

Btw, several of those comments you criticized as being "Not Football related", were in fact football "related".
Correct, there are a lot of pieces when determining conference realignment, and those pieces are left to those people in charge. But here on the "Football Forums" people tend to stick with the topic at hand...Football. Not Hockey, Not R&D, Not other Olympic Sports, and not politics. But here you are, still discussing those topics, even in this reply you gave to me. And the only reason why you go the route of all the other topics instead of Football is because Minnesota only has a few things going for them and it isn't football, well maybe every 5 years or so they do alright in Football, but mostly not. And I don't really care about what Wamu said, I'm talking about you, because this is not the first time you have attempted to highjack a thread about other teams and try to implant how good Minnesota is at everything else but Football to try and get your 1 cent in. So I'm just gonna leave this here for you

CFB.png

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the blue hell is this about Minnesota suddenly?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the blue hell is this about Minnesota suddenly?
Because every time I come around, Wamu and Oregon fans and a few others want to try to twist the topic to be about how they think Minnesota sucks. Even OUguy is trying to claim Minnesota is not good at football.

YET...

UMn has more wins in Football over 13 of the Top 15 candidates for potential entry into the B1G over

1 year (2021)

UMin - 9

UCLA - 8
Miami- 7
Virg --- 6
UNC -- 6
Cali --- 5
FSU --- 5
USC -- 4
Wash - 4
Color - 4
Duke - 3
G Tch - 3
Stan -- 3
Kansas-2

2 years (2021 & 2019) last 2 non-covid years

UMin - 20

Virg -- 15
Cali -- 13
UNC - 13
Miami-13
USC -- 12
Wash - 12
UCLA - 12
FSU --- 11
Color -- 9
Duke -- 8
Stan --- 7
G Tch -- 6
Kansas -5

3 years (2021-2019) including 2020 covid year.

UMn - 23

Miami-21
UNC - 21
Virg -- 20
USC -- 17
Wash - 15
Cali --- 14
FSU --- 14
UCLA - 13
Color - 13
Stan -- 11
Duke - 10
G Tch -- 9
Kansas- 5

4 years (2021-2018) including 2020 covid year

UMn - 30

Miami-28
Virg -- 28
Wash - 25
UNC -- 23
USC -- 22
Cali - 21
Stan -- 20
FSU - 19
Color - 18
Duke - 18
UCLA - 16
GT - 16
Kansas-8

Shall I continue? lol

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah, Notre Dame coming in would drop the Gophers a spot, Notre Dame could drop everyone cept OSU a spot, arguably, although has NDm done as well as they have because of being so good, or is it because of playing crappy competition? So bring Notre Dame into the B1G and they may very likely struggle to win like they have been doing in the recent past.

Same with Oregon, over the last 6 years, Oregon has only won 1 more legit game than Minnesota, against arguably weaker competition, so hardly a rock solid case for being dominant over Minnesota.

So the argument could be made that you could add 14 teams to the B1G from the ACC and the Pac and the Gophers would NOT drop ONE spot!!!!!

So bring on Conference Expansion!!!

More for the Gophers to beat, lol

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because every time I come around, Wamu and Oregon fans and a few others want to try to twist the topic to be about how they think Minnesota sucks. Even OUguy is trying to claim Minnesota is not good at football.

YET...

UMn has more wins in Football over 13 of the Top 15 candidates for potential entry into the B1G over

1 year (2021)

UMin - 9

UCLA - 8
Miami- 7
Virg --- 6
UNC -- 6
Cali --- 5
FSU --- 5
USC -- 4
Wash - 4
Color - 4
Duke - 3
G Tch - 3
Stan -- 3
Kansas-2

2 years (2021 & 2019) last 2 non-covid years

UMin - 20

Virg -- 15
Cali -- 13
UNC - 13
Miami-13
USC -- 12
Wash - 12
UCLA - 12
FSU --- 11
Color -- 9
Duke -- 8
Stan --- 7
G Tch -- 6
Kansas -5

3 years (2021-2019) including 2020 covid year.

UMn - 23

Miami-21
UNC - 21
Virg -- 20
USC -- 17
Wash - 15
Cali --- 14
FSU --- 14
UCLA - 13
Color - 13
Stan -- 11
Duke - 10