• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA and USC to the Big Ten

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Maryland and Rutgers were not bringing recent football success.
But they brought in TV markets.
The next year's BIG Ten release shown Rutgers and Maryland were 2 of the top 3 in the BIG for incoming revenue generation.
You wont hear Maryland or Rutgers complain about fair share, they would not have it without the BIG Ten. :)
Oregon not close. But may be brought in for reduced travel. Or maybe NIKE will help pay their way because they can't on their own.

The big thing that makes me proud is that other thing you mentioned, Research Spending.
Maryland and Minnesota over a Bil, pretty cool.
And the BIG does joint research.

Research Spending in Mil
$1,680 University of Michigan
$1,310 University of California, Los Angeles
$1,300 University of Wisconsin
$1,100 University of Maryland
$1,010 University of Minnesota
$950 Pennsylvania State University
$929 Ohio State University
$910 University of Southern California
$857 Northwestern University
$726 Michigan State University
$678 University of Illinois
$668 Indiana University
$664 Purdue University
$657 Rutgers University
$508 University of Iowa
$317 University of Nebraska

Remaining PAC12
$1,430 Washington
$1,200 Stanford
$803 California
$734 Arizona
$601 Utan
$514 Colorado
$111 Oregon Make ya proud?
I may be ignorant to this, but how does Oregon have AAU status at this point?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the big boys aren't always who one would think. After Maryland and Rutgers were added the next release by the BIG Ten on revenue generation by school had Maryland and Rutgers in the top 3. Nebraska at the bottom as I recall. Interesting stuff we get to watch as it unfolds.

There is that other dark secret everyone avoids, every conference needs some schools at the bottom of the standings. :)
Everyone at 500 never looks good.
It will be funny that UCLA very well could be one of those at the bottom? They have 2 seasons to improve or the B1G West will embarass the hell out of them. USC will give UW/IA/Mn a run for their money though.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is that other dark secret everyone avoids, every conference needs some schools at the bottom of the standings. :)
Everyone at 500 never looks good.
I think The B1G should bring in UCF for this very reason, they dwarf Oregon in the R & D spending, are possibly the largest school in the nation now, was founded by a B1G graduate, and getting into the Florida media market would be huge. I'm sure there are a ton of B1G alums down in Florida as well, and Florida football recruiting has to be WAY better than Oregon.

And they'd be someone for everyone else to beat up on, at least until they decide to take their sports more seriously.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think The B1G should bring in UCF for this very reason, they dwarf Oregon in the R & D spending, are possibly the largest school in the nation now, was founded by a B1G graduate, and getting into the Florida media market would be huge. I'm sure there are a ton of B1G alums down in Florida as well, and Florida football recruiting has to be WAY better than Oregon.

And they'd be someone for everyone else to beat up on, at least until they decide to take their sports more seriously.
Why pick up UCF when you can pick up Miami or Florida State?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why pick up UCF when you can pick up Miami or Florida State?
Because it's not in the ACC, so no dealing with that headache, and UCF is doing way more in R & D than both Miami and FSU which is worth more money, and both of their fb programs are not kicking ass right now, so why not go with the R & D money from UCF, and UCF is the largest university in the country I think, so they'll produce way more alumni. They'd be sort of a project, but they'd be a project with a TON of upward potential.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Ohio St HAS won a title in cbb recently? Or a College Baseball title recently? Or any College Hockey title EVER???

All OSU has is football. Which is a nice thing to be good at, I'll grant you that. But football is not all that matters in life. Fewer and fewer kids are playing football now, more and more colleges will start giving it up, either because they can't afford to support it, or possibly because some experts predict 50% colleges will close by 2040? But no one is discussing whether OSU will get dumped from the B1G, whereas at least one complete and total moron has mentioned Minnesota as if they would be one of the schools on the chopping block, and so just making the case that Minnesota will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get bumped from the B1G.

It's #5 in R & D spending in the B1G and high enough in the country it would be almost impossible to improve by replacing them, remember the B1G is EXPANDING, not shrinking, and it's #5 in the B1G in it's media footprint, UMn is regularly ranked in the Top 25 of the Sears Directors Cup, or just outside of it. UMn produces THE MOST NHLers, Top 20 nationally in producing MLB players and NBA players and close to Top 25 in producing NFL players. Minnesota produces a ton of alumni, being one of the biggest universities in the country, and it's a top producer of olympic talent as well.

And football wise, it wins more games than EVERY SINGLE PAC school being considered AND the two that have already been added, with the exception or Oregon who has only produced one legit win more than Minnesota in the last 6 years!!!

"Has Ohio State won a a title in cbb recently?"

What does that have to do with you over pimping everything Minnesota? The answer is nothing at all.

I'm calling you out for being a nonstop homer.

I have never over-pimped anything Ohio State.

And just like your last long winded and homeristic comment I didn't read past the first sentence.

I can't say it enough times. There's something wrong with you.

Nothing wrong with having some pride in the teams you root for. But you take your homerism to an absurd level never seen on this site before.

And always remember you've said multiple times in the past that Minnesota football is on par historically as ND.

You're so crazy you truly think Minnesota has accomplished more in CFB than any other team in the conference.

You also think Minnesota hockey's the best in the country. Even though they haven't won a national title in a long time and they don't have the most titles all time either.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ignore and stop feeding the troll...

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Has Ohio State won a a title in cbb recently?"

What does that have to do with you over pimping everything Minnesota? The answer is nothing at all.

I'm calling you out for being a nonstop homer.

I have never over-pimped anything Ohio State.

And just like your last long winded and homeristic comment I didn't read past the first sentence.

I can't say it enough times. There's something wrong with you.

Nothing wrong with having some pride in the teams you root for. But you take your homerism to an absurd level never seen on this site before.

And always remember you've said multiple times in the past that Minnesota football is on par historically as ND.

You're so crazy you truly think Minnesota has accomplished more in CFB than any other team in the conference.

You also think Minnesota hockey's the best in the country. Even though they haven't won a national title in a long time and they don't have the most titles all time either.
No, there is nothing wrong with me dude. But there could be something wrong with you? You lie, you make sh1t up, you MUST be a Democrat because you act just like those nutjobs obsessed with trying to take down Trump. They started by LYING about what he said, then they went on to continue telling the same lies over and over and over and over again hoping people would believe their bullsh1t lies. And just like you, they obsess with trying to take him down.

I NEVER said UMn football was on par with Notre Dame football historically, you nutjob. Stop lying.

I NEVER even came close to claiming UMn has accomplished more in CFB than any other team in the conference, are you insane? Where do you come up with this sh1t?

And as for hockey, I have repeated many times my argument for why UMn is #1 in hockey all-time. NO ONE looks only at the #1 of natl titles a program has, regardless of the sport. UMn Baseball is a prime example of this, as their 3 Natl Titles would rank them something like 8th best all-time in college baseball history. Do you really think that UMn is the 8th best college baseball program in college baseball history??? I don't think they are that high. That sport has changed, and no northern school would be in the Top Ten anymore. UMn might have an argument for being among the Top 20, but that won't last long either since it's almost impossible for northern Baseball teams to compete with the southern schools.

#1 in NCAA tourney appearances,
#1 in NCAA tourney wins,
#1 in producing Hobey Baker Award winners,
#1 in producing NHL players,
#1 in producing NHL points,
#1 in producing US Hockey Hall of Famers,
#1 in producing Hockey Hall of Famers,
#1 in producing US Olympic players, and it's not even close, it's twice as many as every program in the nation except for one,
#1 in producing US Olympic Gold Medalists, and it's not even close, it's like 4 times as many as the 2nd best program???

UMn is largely responsible for helping to build up the programs at UM-Duluth, St Cloud St U(their Arena is named after a Gopher), Mankato St, Bemidji St and Wisconsin as well, and an argument could be made for UND, too. The sport of college hockey thrives here in America, and America can compete with the best in the world now because of the efforts of the University of Minnesota to build up the sport here in Minnesota, to the point where all of those little brother programs have grown up and gang up on UMn in regard to getting the best home grown Minnesota players. Minnesota used to take ONLY Minnesota born players, possibly the only college sports program ever in college sports history to make such a commitment and fulfill the commitment. This was something they did as a followup to an earlier commitment to recruit ONLY American born and raised players, in protest to the unpatriotic actions of Michigan and Denver who recruited heavily out of Canada. It was Minnesota's efforts and actions that put pressure on DU and Michigan and got those schools to change their recruiting practices that were doing nothing to help US hockey and everything to help Canadian hockey. Both Michigan and DU went a long time without winning any titles because of their not loading up on older Canadian players anymore.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn Fb > USC, UCLA, Cali, Colorado, Stanford & Washington over the last 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 years!!!

So bring any or all of those into the B1G, UMn's not dropping down a single spot. And Oregon, IF they get in, only won 1 single legit game more than Minnesota over the last 6 years, so we'd hardly be scared of them coming in, either. But it sounds like the Big 12 is wanting Oregon and Washington. Big 12 would be far more of a good fit for Oregon since hardly a school in that conference gives a shit about actually educating their student athletes, much less putting anything into R & D and helping out the whole world with it's output. So Oregon would fit in nicely with that bunch.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$111 Oregon Make ya proud?
Episode 1 GIF by The Simpsons

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-->No, there is nothing wrong with me dude.<-- But there could be something wrong with you? You lie, you make sh1t up, you MUST be a Democrat because you act just like those nutjobs obsessed with trying to take down Trump. They started by LYING about what he said, then they went on to continue telling the same lies over and over and over and over again hoping people would believe their bullsh1t lies. And just like you, they obsess with trying to take him down.

I NEVER said UMn football was on par with Notre Dame football historically, you nutjob. Stop lying.

I NEVER even came close to claiming UMn has accomplished more in CFB than any other team in the conference, are you insane? Where do you come up with this sh1t?

And as for hockey, I have repeated many times my argument for why UMn is #1 in hockey all-time. NO ONE looks only at the #1 of natl titles a program has, regardless of the sport. UMn Baseball is a prime example of this, as their 3 Natl Titles would rank them something like 8th best all-time in college baseball history. Do you really think that UMn is the 8th best college baseball program in college baseball history??? I don't think they are that high. That sport has changed, and no northern school would be in the Top Ten anymore. UMn might have an argument for being among the Top 20, but that won't last long either since it's almost impossible for northern Baseball teams to compete with the southern schools.

#1 in NCAA tourney appearances,
#1 in NCAA tourney wins,
#1 in producing Hobey Baker Award winners,
#1 in producing NHL players,
#1 in producing NHL points,
#1 in producing US Hockey Hall of Famers,
#1 in producing Hockey Hall of Famers,
#1 in producing US Olympic players, and it's not even close, it's twice as many as every program in the nation except for one,
#1 in producing US Olympic Gold Medalists, and it's not even close, it's like 4 times as many as the 2nd best program???

UMn is largely responsible for helping to build up the programs at UM-Duluth, St Cloud St U(their Arena is named after a Gopher), Mankato St, Bemidji St and Wisconsin as well, and an argument could be made for UND, too. The sport of college hockey thrives here in America, and America can compete with the best in the world now because of the efforts of the University of Minnesota to build up the sport here in Minnesota, to the point where all of those little brother programs have grown up and gang up on UMn in regard to getting the best home grown Minnesota players. Minnesota used to take ONLY Minnesota born players, possibly the only college sports program ever in college sports history to make such a commitment and fulfill the commitment. This was something they did as a followup to an earlier commitment to recruit ONLY American born and raised players, in protest to the unpatriotic actions of Michigan and Denver who recruited heavily out of Canada. It was Minnesota's efforts and actions that put pressure on DU and Michigan and got those schools to change their recruiting practices that were doing nothing to help US hockey and everything to help Canadian hockey. Both Michigan and DU went a long time without winning any titles because of their not loading up on older Canadian players anymore.

"No, there is nothing wrong with me dude."

dave-chapelle-gif-8.gif

Homer on crazy fella. It's the only thing you know how to do.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on lying crazy dude, it's all you seem to know how to do.

I have never accused you of something you didn't say.

But you like to play the denial game. You think the Minnesota Gophers are the elite of the elite in all sports. They aren't.

Remember last year when you incorrectly said 24/7sports, collegefootballnews & espn all have "biased agendas" because none of them have your Gophers ranked in the top 10 CFB programs of all time?

But some site called tip-top25 had them in the top 10 all time, and you said they are legit.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never accused you of something you didn't say.

But you like to play the denial game. You think the Minnesota Gophers are the elite of the elite in all sports. They aren't.

Remember last year when you incorrectly said 24/7sports, collegefootballnews & espn all have "biased agendas" because none of them have your Gophers ranked in the top 10 CFB programs of all time?

But some site called tip-top25 had them in the top 10 all time, and you said they are legit.
See, this is what I am talking about, you exaggerate and outright lie to try to make a point, you are so much of a big fat liar, I don't think anyone actually agrees with you, but they let you go without saying anything because they either don't like me or just ignore our interactions or get some entertainment out of our back and forth.

But I've only claimed UMn was elite when they were deserving of such a label. Such as in their producing Academic All-Americans, they came in #2 in the nation behind only Stanford, who everyone comes in behind these days. And it wasn't just a fluke year, UMn was only behind Bama and Stanford in the production of Academic All-Americans for the last 4-5 years prior to this year. And historically UMn moved up to #11 all-time and that's including every school out there, even non-division 1 schools.

As for 24/7 sports, collegefootballnews and espn, they ALL DO HAVE BIASED AGENDAS, they either have gone "woke", or put out stuff to pander to their advertisers or to get the most clicks. That's common knowledge.

I NEVER claimed they were biased because they didn't have the Gophers ranked Top Ten all-time, YOU made that bullsh1t up, that's what you do, you lie and you make sh1t up, all the time. You'd make a great Democrat. I said the tip-top25 guy wasn't biased because he had no advertisers to keep happy and he had no need to get clicks. He simply included college football history from before 1936, plain and simple.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you have. All the time. It's like some compulsion for you, you can't stop doing it.

Stop saying stupid and overly homeristic nonsense about all things Gophers and I'll stop questioning you about the BS you spew.

But you're incapable of that. So please continue, it's entertaining.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop saying stupid and overly homeristic nonsense about all things Gophers and I'll stop questioning you about the BS you spew.

But you're incapable of that. So please continue, it's entertaining.
Stop lying and making sh1t up, maybe? Oh, that would be like asking a Democrat politician to stop lying, or asking CNN to stop lying. Ain't never going to happen.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop lying and making sh1t up, maybe? Oh, that would be like asking a Democrat politician to stop lying, or asking CNN to stop lying. Ain't never going to happen.

Wow are you dumb. We've been over this before. Here's a recap for you.

-I don't support Biden or the dem's (I didn't vote for him)

-I don't watch cnn, msnbc, fox or any other cable news outlets

-you will never find a single comment of mine supporting Biden or the dem's

-all politicians are career bullshit artists, so I support neither side

I have a bet for you that I know you don't have the backbone to take. Find a single comment of mine where I have supported the dem's and I'll leave this site for good.

but

When you don't find any comments of mine supporting/defending them you leave this site for good.

It's time for you to just once back your bullshit up. Take my bet.