• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

U.S. Open 2021.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good match, but Zverev didn't get it done, and the 5th set wasn't good.

I don't think Medvedev will be that close, but let's see.

Djokovic hadn't been pushed, until today, since the FO Finals. And even then, his opponent was never in the final set.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my finals predictions:

Emma Raducanu over Leylah Fernandez in 3 sets
Daniil Medvedev over Novak Djokovic in 5 sets

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no need to speculate. It’s already predestined who will win the finals. If Nole plays well he will win if Medved plays better he will win. Either way we will have a winner and history will be written. Let’s just hope it’s a clean match and not like the ugly scenarios some women matches have been in the past. May the best player win.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually rooting for Djokovic to win. He deserves to get the slam record. He has come this far playing sometimes ugly tennis and is not a fan favorite but still he deserves it. I may never like his brand of tennis because I prefer one handed backhand players. He uses angles mainly and keeps the errors down and the ball in and I don’t find anything eye pleasing about his game or his demeanor. Very workman like robotic tennis without any artistic or creative effect but to each his own.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medvedev playing consistent, letting Djokovic make mistakes. I like the game plan.

He's up a break, could have gone up two but didn't. We'll see if that costs him, because against these greats, sometimes you need two breaks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Medvedev's chances before the Finals, but seeing how consistent he's playing, and how he fought off 0-40 on his serve, shows he's here to stay.

I believe in him now. Sure, it's easy to say after the match has started. But whatever, I admit I didn't like his chances as much as Zverev's or Tsitsipas' against Djokovic, but he's changed my mind.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a massacre. I feel genuinely bad for Nole and his clan. Don’t think he can bounce back from five sets yesterday and down two sets today.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medved got nervous in the last set I think. The scoreline would have been less close in that set. Congrats on his first slam victory.I think djoker can still get the slam record next year but the calendar year slam is probably not gonna happen for him. The youngsters have caught up now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Medvedev.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medved got nervous in the last set I think. The scoreline would have been less close in that set. Congrats on his first slam victory.I think djoker can still get the slam record next year but the calendar year slam is probably not gonna happen for him. The youngsters have caught up now.

A lot of double faults those last two games where he served.

Djokovic still has a good chance during the first 3 majors. A 3-6 record in US Open Finals, suggests it's his hardest one.

Yes he's won less FOs, but I like him more on that surface when it comes to winning 7 matches.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of double faults those last two games where he served.

Djokovic still has a good chance during the first 3 majors. A 3-6 record in US Open Finals, suggests it's his hardest one.

Yes he's won less FOs, but I like him more on that surface when it comes to winning 7 matches.
I don’t fancy his chances on clay.

His best surface I think is the AO. It’s the slower hardcourt that allows him to set up his game better than other HARDCOURT surfaces like the USO where it’s much faster.

I don’t know about bounce on these two hardcourts but I am guessing that the AO has slightly higher bounce than the USO.

Clay requires more stamina and endurance and Thiem should have actually beaten him on FO if not for lack of experience playing big matches especially finals. Djoker showed this USO that he is physically vulnerable And age is catching up to him as he was not able to recover in time after the five setter SF.

So final conclusion is that AO and Wimbledon are his best chances to add more to his slam tally and I think he will definitely get at least one slam in 2022 to break the three way deadlock.

not sure how many he will end up with as he will just get older and older and injuries may start creeping up on a more regular basis. My guess is two more slam wins and maybe four more final appearances.

Wimbledon will be favorable for him because the points are shorter. But it’s INCREDIBLE what he achieved this year coming close for the first time to actually completing the SLAM. In contrast Fed won three slams twice and only Nadal stopped him from getting the French open in both those years.

what Nadal did to Fed being younger and catching up to Fed’s level and going beyond is what Medvedev is doing to Nole now. Zverev impressed me in this tournament and also coming close to beating Nole. In the future I think these will be the next big three, Thiem, Zverev and Medvedev.

and last and not least when it comes to throwing tantrums and breaking racquets Rafa is by far ten times the man or sportsman that Nole is. I respect Nadal even more than Fed in that particular regard.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay requires more stamina and endurance and Thiem should have actually beaten him on FO if not for lack of experience playing big matches especially finals.

Thiem did beat Djokovic in the 2019 FO. In 2021, Thiem lost in the first round to Andujar.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So final conclusion is that AO and Wimbledon are his best chances to add more to his slam tally and I think he will definitely get at least one slam in 2022 to break the three way deadlock.

Agree.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and last and not least when it comes to throwing tantrums and breaking racquets Rafa is by far ten times the man or sportsman that Nole is. I respect Nadal even more than Fed in that particular regard.

I don't think I've ever seen Nadal break a racquet. Even Federer has.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In contrast Fed won three slams twice and only Nadal stopped him from getting the French open in both those years.

Just adding a few more times where players were close:

2009: Federer made all 4 Finals, and won 2. Lost the AO to Nadal though, and lost the USO to Del Potro.

2010: Nadal won 3 of the 4, losing in the AO QF to Murray.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just adding a few more times where players were close:

2009: Federer made all 4 Finals, and won 2. Lost the AO to Nadal though, and lost the USO to Del Potro.

2010: Nadal won 3 of the 4, losing in the AO QF to Murray.
Fed was only one win from winning all four majors in 2006, 2007. Nadal stopped him at the finals of the FO both times.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t fancy his chances on clay.

His best surface I think is the AO. It’s the slower hardcourt that allows him to set up his game better than other HARDCOURT surfaces like the USO where it’s much faster.

I don’t know about bounce on these two hardcourts but I am guessing that the AO has slightly higher bounce than the USO.

Clay requires more stamina and endurance and Thiem should have actually beaten him on FO if not for lack of experience playing big matches especially finals. Djoker showed this USO that he is physically vulnerable And age is catching up to him as he was not able to recover in time after the five setter SF.

not sure how many he will end up with as he will just get older and older and injuries may start creeping up on a more regular basis. My guess is two more slam wins and maybe four more final appearances.

Wimbledon will be favorable for him because the points are shorter. But it’s INCREDIBLE what he achieved this year coming close for the first time to actually completing the SLAM. In contrast Fed won three slams twice and only Nadal stopped him from getting the French open in both those years.

what Nadal did to Fed being younger and catching up to Fed’s level and going beyond is what Medvedev is doing to Nole now. Zverev impressed me in this tournament and also coming close to beating Nole. In the future I think these will be the next big three, Thiem, Zverev and Medvedev.

I agree that Nadal shows less "tantrums" than Djokovic, but not sure how you could remotely suggest that he's a better sportsman than Federer? Roger is the definition of gentleman and great sportsman.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no need to speculate. It’s already predestined who will win the finals. If Nole plays well he will win if Medved plays better he will win. Either way we will have a winner and history will be written. Let’s just hope it’s a clean match and not like the ugly scenarios some women matches have been in the past. May the best player win.
What the fuck does this even mean, dude?

"It's predestined and either guy could win"

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my finals predictions:

Emma Raducanu over Leylah Fernandez in 3 sets
Daniil Medvedev over Novak Djokovic in 5 sets
You got both winners!

Neither went the distance, though.