• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two tanks battle it out in the desert: TEX v ARI 9/7 & 8

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not look quite as talented against better competition.
Yeah most likely not lol
I’m trying to be optimistic but yeah, A’s, Astros, Whitesox and Yankees.
Will be a nice test for the young pitchers though.
definitely looking forward to it

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do sign a SP maybe Eduardo Rodriguez (Redsox) is worth looking at. A LHP who has an inflated ERA due to his defense. If he’s cheap enough maybe worth looking into. Has a 3.55 FIP. It would be nice to have another LH SP as well.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I don’t care anymore. Top 4 or bust. Just domy drop any further than 4. PLEASE.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not look quite as talented against better competition.
I believe there is some truth to that more so offensively

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we will be looking for the Magic negative number to at least clinch number 4 pick
I still haven't given up in the third pick. We do have a tougher strength of schedule than the Pirates do.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate to give up on Calhoun. Has that ability to hit with power and good bat control. These injuries have been tough

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate to give up on Calhoun. Has that ability to hit with power and good bat control. These injuries have been tough
Well no need to give up on him if it’s the injuries. Can always replace him on the roster if he hits the IL.
the last 2 injuries aren’t really his fault, I know he has hammy issues but full time DH would be a great spot for a healthy Calhoun.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no need to give up on him if it’s the injuries. Can always replace him on the roster if he hits the IL.
the last 2 injuries aren’t really his fault, I know he has hammy issues but full time DH would be a great spot for a healthy Calhoun.
Also have other DH candidates but you are right about Willie being a good DH. DH can get crowded depending on moves.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fault is not the issue. Missing playing time is the issue.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fault is not the issue. Missing playing time is the issue.
True that.
Jayson Werth went through something similar early in his career. Came back strong.
Very curious to see what Calhoun can do with a full season.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the young deep talented pitching we currently have it’s hard to imagine we wont have a good rotation. Dunning, Hearn, Otto, Alexy, Arihara, Allard, Winn, Yerry, J King, K Cody and Bradford. We only need 1 to really dominate 3.50 ERA or lower. 2 to be around 3.80-4.20 ERA 1 around 4.20-4.50 and another around 4.50-4.80.
With at least 11 guys I think it’s possible. Even if we fell a little short we could always trade for a starter mid season.
I think the Rangers should take advantage of their cheap pitching depth and go out and sign some big bats with all their extra money.
Correa/Story/Semien-SS
Bryant/C. Taylor for 3B- once Jung moves up in June fill the spot of the inevitable under performer. If no position under performing but a pitcher is use the depth to trade for a SP.
Canha/Conforto-RF/CF rotating with Adolis
Schwarber/Castellanos-LF
Trade IKF, Solak/Ibanez, Trevino & Duran/Smith for a legit C

that would be 5 bats. DJ & Taveras 4th & 5th OF. Let DJ DH vs lefties- Calhoun vs RHP
Taveras could step in in case of an injury and pinch run off the bench and let other guys rest. He could still get 300 AB as the 4th OF plus who knows if Adolis will be as solid next year or regress hard like Danny Santana did.
I like Yonny as the utility player
Heim as b/u C

Bryant-$22 mil over 5-6 years
Correa/Story probably $25-28 mil story over 7 and Correa over 9-10.
Taylor-$10-$15 mill a year
Castellanos $19 mil a year
Canha/Schwarber $12 mil a year over 3
Conforto probably 1 year $8 mil

Bryant/Story/Castellanos/Conforto would be about $74 million a year

C. Taylor/Story/Canha/Schwarber would be about $61 million a year

With the payroll at $53 million next year (including Andrus and Odor) and about $10 million in 2023 I don’t see any reason we can’t do this. $125 million payroll in 2022 then $90 million in 2023 wouldn’t hurt at all.

There would still be room for Jung, Huff, Foscue, Crim etc.. they either plug in for under performers or if none, promote them anyway and trade the older guy to keep feeding the farm with younger arms/bats- guys who still have 2-3 years before having to be added to the 40 man.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the young deep talented pitching we currently have it’s hard to imagine we wont have a good rotation. Dunning, Hearn, Otto, Alexy, Arihara, Allard, Winn, Yerry, J King, K Cody and Bradford. We only need 1 to really dominate 3.50 ERA or lower. 2 to be around 3.80-4.20 ERA 1 around 4.20-4.50 and another around 4.50-4.80.
With at least 11 guys I think it’s possible. Even if we fell a little short we could always trade for a starter mid season.
I think the Rangers should take advantage of their cheap pitching depth and go out and sign some big bats with all their extra money.
Correa/Story/Semien-SS
Bryant/C. Taylor for 3B- once Jung moves up in June fill the spot of the inevitable under performer. If no position under performing but a pitcher is use the depth to trade for a SP.
Schwarber/Castellanos-LF

that would be 5 bats. DJ & Taveras 4th & 5th OF. Let DJ DH vs lefties- Calhoun vs RHP
Taveras could step in in case of an injury and pinch run off the bench and let other guys rest. He could still get 300 AB as the 4th OF plus who knows if Adolis will be as solid next year or regress hard like Danny Santana did.
Heim as b/u C

With the payroll at $53 million next year (including Andrus and Odor) and about $10 million in 2023 I don’t see any reason we can’t do this. $125 million payroll in 2022 then $90 million in 2023 wouldn’t hurt at all.

There would still be room for Jung, Huff, Foscue, Crim etc.. they either plug in for under performers or if none, promote them anyway and trade the older guy to keep feeding the farm with younger arms/bats- guys who still have 2-3 years before having to be added to the 40 man.
Lost me. lol

• Haha
Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correa/Story/Semien-SS
Schwarber/Castellanos-LF

Heim as b/u C

Your salary projections are about 25% short

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that.
Jayson Werth went through something similar early in his career. Came back strong.
Very curious to see what Calhoun can do with a full season.
We have been more than patient it’s time to move on

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want a guy who can make some plays like this in CF and hit big homers the inning before