• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twitter Murders Kirk Cousins

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes their Offensive Line and Running game were worse, and if they didn’t pay Cousins 84 million they could’ve brought in people to help improve those positions.

Keenum turned the ball over 8 times with Minnesota while Cousins turned the ball over 17 times. I honestly don’t think having 30 touchdowns is worth doubling the turnover ratio from the guy you replaced.

And I’m not even saying Keenum is better than Cousins I know cousins is better but they paid Cousins a shit ton of money, didn’t improve positions they desperately needed because they payed Cousins a shit ton of money, and then wonder why they got worse.

Some fair points, but they could've brought in some cheap runningbacks and Murray was averaging 4.1 ypc so that was SOMETHING I guess. Running the ball 150 less times is ridiculous though.

As for the O-Line, for a line to be a little below average, bring back the same people (to your point) and regress to bottom of the barrel, I blame that on coaching. DeFilippo was a poor answer and the O-Line coaching was a mess.

Yes they paid Cousins a lot of money, but it seems to be the going rate for QBs these days. The only thing that blew everyone away with Cousins' contract was it was fully guaranteed, but only 3 years - so whatever.

Your turnover points are valid, but when your QB in 2018 has 120 more attempts I'd expect more turnovers. Not to mention as Across the Field pointed out, McKinnon was gone. Also the schedule was MUCH more difficult in 2018... Keenum would've never gotten 8 wins either. Broncos had a pretty easy schedule and he barely mustered 6 wins.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, that's not on Cousins. He had a job to do, and he did it well, better than the prior year's QB. This is why I have a problem pinning team success on one player. Flip the 2 years around from a defensive standpoint, and we're having a very different discussion.

Their D was ranked 4th this year.

Most glaring difference is their run game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also gave up almost a TD more a game this year than last year.

Running the ball more effectively chews clock and sustains long drives. Both things that help a defense.

From 7th in 2017, to 30th in 2018. Most GLARING difference, as stated.

SOME of that is due to a change in philosophy due to the arrival of a "franchise QB".

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running the ball more effectively chews clock and sustains long drives. Both things that help a defense.

From 7th in 2017, to 30th in 2018. Most GLARING difference, as stated.

SOME of that is due to a change in philosophy due to the arrival of a "franchise QB".
I'd say a larger part of it is due to losing your OC, who was a major part of your offensive success in 2017, an OL that went from below average to almost the worst, losing your top lineman to retirement, and losing your offensive line coach right before the season started.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly, facts don't support your opinion.

How many championship games has he played in?

Exactly.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

And the fact is, until Cousins can prove he cam win in the playoffs, he's nothing but garbage. He's a below .500 QB. Garbage.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crux of that article is his TEAM'S record against winning teams. I already showed earlier that he played well more often than not this year against playoff teams. It's a very stupid article considering it was his first year in Minnesota with a ton of other shit going wrong on that offense.
Yawn, winners win cherry pick what u want, he piles stats, doesn’t win much.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many championship games has he played in?

Exactly.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

And the fact is, until Cousins can prove he cam win in the playoffs, he's nothing but garbage. He's a below .500 QB. Garbage.
Ok, you're not Ben Shapiro, so you can stop stealing his tag line. It just makes you look stupid.

Team sport, buddy. His team let him down last year all over the place. Horrible OL play and coaching, lost their best offensive lineman and did a shit job replacing him, young OC who was in over his head, defense regressed from 2017.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn, winners win cherry pick what u want, he piles stats, doesn’t win much.
Haven't cherry picked a thing. That would actually describe what that article was doing. Dude was a 4th round draft pick and in his 4 years as a full-time starter, he's averaging 4,368 yards, 28 TD, 11 INT, 67.5 comp%, 97.5 QB rating, and he did 3 of those 4 years on Washington, a team without any true receiving weapons and little to no support from his front office.

If Minnesota had even a mediocre OL and a somewhat decent offensive coaching staff, his numbers would've been even better last year. I'm not saying he's elite, but calling him garbage is just ignorant of the truth.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't cherry picked a thing. That would actually describe what that article was doing. Dude was a 4th round draft pick and in his 4 years as a full-time starter, he's averaging 4,368 yards, 28 TD, 11 INT, 67.5 comp%, 97.5 QB rating, and he did 3 of those 4 years on Washington, a team without any true receiving weapons and little to no support from his front office.

If Minnesota had even a mediocre OL and a somewhat decent offensive coaching staff, his numbers would've been even better last year. I'm not saying he's elite, but calling him garbage is just ignorant of the truth.
Draft round is irrelevant u know that. But while I generally support your premise. Making excuses for a whole career come on.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft round is irrelevant u know that. But while I generally support your premise. Making excuses for a whole career come on.
Making excuses for what? He's played very well so far. I'm not excusing anything.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making excuses for what? He's played very well so far. I'm not excusing anything.
Excuses for his record, sorry

Why weren’t u clamoring for the browns to sign him pre baker??? Such a talent available to you, a team with no qb

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, you're not Ben Shapiro, so you can stop stealing his tag line. It just makes you look stupid.

Team sport, buddy. His team let him down last year all over the place. Horrible OL play and coaching, lost their best offensive lineman and did a shit job replacing him, young OC who was in over his head, defense regressed from 2017.

Excuses are like armpits. Everybody has them and they all stink. The guy isn't a winner, plain and simple. He can put up all the fancy stats he wants, doesn't make him a good QB.