• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twitter Murders Kirk Cousins

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Keenum had stayed in Minny......it's unlikely he would have repeated the season he had to get that contract Denver gave him.

#Getoverit

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew QBs that have beautiful stats in garbage time get so much love on the hoop. This is a startling revelation. My opinion of this site is now lower.

Case Keenum and Joe Flacco are going to make you wish Cousins had gone to Denver instead of Minnesota.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously??

at LA Rams: 72% comp, 422 yards, 3 TD/0 INT - Vikings lose 38-31

at Philly: 81% comp, 301 yards, 1 TD/0 INT - Vikings win 23-21

vs. New Orleans: 76% comp, 359 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT - Vikings lose 30-20

Only game he was really bad was at New England. His 2nd game against Chicago and at Seattle weren't great, but he didn't turn the ball over and had 2 TDs on 60% comp in those two games combined. He was also dominant against Detroit and GB in the division. They missed the playoffs because of an inconsistent defense and a bad rush offense.

Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line

att comp % yds ypa TD INT
68 45 66.2 279 4.1 20 0

20 TD's and no INT"s? Damn.

Kirk Cousins: Situational Stats at NFL.com

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Either grow a set and at least sort of live up to your contract, or become known as the biggest loser to ever receive such an absurd mega deal in the history of the league.
For the money he got, I'll take the title of biggest loser every in the NFL!

Please, sign me up for that deal!!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a couple of nice ones:

" some of your cap space so we could get a tackle for you,"

" some cap space so that we can build a team around you"

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings problems are rushing offense and rushing defense, but the QB and coach generally get the credit and the blame in the Wins and Losses departments.

Kirk reminds me of Cutler a little, both in play and situation. Lot's of talent , but he just seems to have a personal black cloud over his head? Something? Plus, that contract is crazy af.

I hope he has the exact same impact on the Vikings, that Cutler did the Bears.:heh:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While his stats may not look too bad on the surface and make one think he shouldn't shoulder as much blame, a couple of things should be noted. We should add the 9 fumbles to the 10 ints. That is a high number of turnovers. He also had only one 4th qtr comeback and zero game winning drives all season. And he was sacked 40 times. Now the sacks are more often than not blamed on the Oline and usually that's justified but whenever I saw Minny play or saw some of the hi-lite tape of his sacks, there were a lot of them where he just held onto the ball staring at one receiver when other guys were available. And many a hi-lite showed there were guys open and he flat out missed them or didn't throw the ball. The guy plays frightened football and for $84 mil, it ain't good.
Not saying it's all on him because that vaunted D played pretty shitty the first half of the season too but he deserves 99% of the crap he's being given, imo.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While his stats may not look too bad on the surface and make one think he shouldn't shoulder as much blame, a couple of things should be noted. We should add the 9 fumbles to the 10 ints. That is a high number of turnovers. He also had only one 4th qtr comeback and zero game winning drives all season. And he was sacked 40 times. Now the sacks are more often than not blamed on the Oline and usually that's justified but whenever I saw Minny play or saw some of the hi-lite tape of his sacks, there were a lot of them where he just held onto the ball staring at one receiver when other guys were available. And many a hi-lite showed there were guys open and he flat out missed them or didn't throw the ball. The guy plays frightened football and for $84 mil, it ain't good.
Not saying it's all on him because that vaunted D played pretty shitty the first half of the season too but he deserves 99% of the crap he's being given, imo.
Those 9 fumbles have him sitting in a 4-way ties for 10th in the NFL among QBs, and considering how shitty his OL was - as you mentioned - several of those are probably just as much on them, so I'm not going to throw him under the bus for that.

Playing scared, I guess I just haven't seen him play as much, but that never seemed to be his thing in Washington. Getting used to a new team, new players, new coaches, etc. are going to probably lead to a guy playing a bit conservatively at first, so I'd expect those errors to start to be corrected next year with a higher level of comfort with his supporting cast.

If you're giving Cousins shit, you should be giving shit to every QB in the NFL not named Brady, Rivers, Watson, Wilson, Brees, Mahomes, or Mayfield basically. The rest all have issues -

Matt Ryan had more fumbles and took more sacks

Rodgers had fewer TDs, took way more sacks, and had a way lower comp % and a lower QB rating

Carr, Cam, Jimmy G, Stafford, Dalton, Flacco are all high dollar QBs who didn't have anywhere near as good a season as Cousins

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Either grow a set and at least sort of live up to your contract, or become known as the biggest loser to ever receive such an absurd mega deal in the history of the league.
I'm sure Minnesota fans shitting all over their starting QB will make him play better. I'm so sure of it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a team game. When the QB plays well and the team loses, it's clearly on someone else.
To an extent.but that’s a whole lot of failure, quite the pattern. Browns turnaround def was not a big part baker then

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent.but that’s a whole lot of failure, quite the pattern. Browns turnaround def was not a big part baker then
I'd argue he took two not-so-great teams and made them better than they'd have been otherwise. Put him on that 2017 Minnesota team that gave up nearly a TD less per game on defense than the 2018 team and they're likely in the SB, if not winning it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue he took two not-so-great teams and made them better than they'd have been otherwise. Put him on that 2017 Minnesota team that gave up nearly a TD less per game on defense than the 2018 team and they're likely in the SB, if not winning it.
U can say that about many qbs if the team gave up a td less

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U can say that about many qbs if the team gave up a td less
Yes you could. There's also the fact that Minnesota had a top 10 rush offense averaging 122 yards a game in 2017 and became a bottom 3 rush offense averaging barely 93.

I feel like that 2017 overall Minnesota team success is what is making Cousins catch so much shit, which is why I don't think it's fair. Dude can't play RB or on defense in addition to QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you could. There's also the fact that Minnesota had a top 10 rush offense averaging 122 yards a game in 2017 and became a bottom 3 rush offense averaging barely 93.

I feel like that 2017 overall Minnesota team success is what is making Cousins catch so much shit, which is why I don't think it's fair. Dude can't play RB or on defense in addition to QB.
Yes and they rushed less so Kirk could throw. The big investment. And he didn’t pay off

Kirk played up his journey to a guaranteed contract, televised it: then should be cut slack??