• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turkey Day

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a bad thing....top 10 draft pick in each round is better
I am definately in tank mode now ,especially with Martin and Erving.out. Erving actually looked decent at times. I prefer a top 5 pick and think losing out would be best for the franchise going forward. Losing all would clinch the 3rd overall pick. That pick could be used for Tyron Smith's replacement {Sewell) or be traded for serious draft capital. Sewell is a damn freak. This season has been a waste due to injuries.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I probably in the minority that want to tank, but damn after that 88 season things started to get good. The though of going 5-11 for the next several years is nauseating .

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak’s. coming back will not help not help this defense.
No but 30 points wins more games than 15 and moving the ball and making the other team start with worse field position helps too. Lastly if Dak comes back and we sign him it likely means we use two very early picks on defense (or possibly OL). If Dak can't come back (unlikely I think) or we don't resign him that means one of those early picks goes to QB and not defense.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I probably in the minority that want to tank, but damn after that 88 season things started to get good. The though of going 5-11 for the next several years is nauseating .
What you don’t fondly remember the Dave Campo Days?
I fully agree this team needs to rebuild OL DL LB DB possible RB and make a decision on QB
No big deal for the Jones boys right ?
SMH

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhat encouraged about our Oline going forward. Over the last few season we had zero depth. Looks pretty different going forward next season.

Like it or not, this team rolls with Tyron Smith because of his potential when healthy, his contract, which ain't half bad if he's healthy playing to his ability. Combine this with an in shape, motivated Collins along backups like Cam Erving and even what we've seen from Knight. That is seriously NFL good at O-tackle The interior also looks pretty good going into next season with Biadasz, McGovern, Marin starting and back-ups like Williams and Looney also ain't half bad.

It's been said this draft is not all that good at the very top of round one but extremely strong after that. This team should be focused on defense, defense, defense and picking within the top 10 could bring huge returns if they forget lack of experience and let these guys get their feet wet outta the gate.

Shit...Landry started late round drafted rookie safety (Michael Downs) and an undrafted rookie free agent at corner (Everson Walls) back in the day. There were growing pains but there was also the clear makings of good starting NFL D-backs. If the Jones boys pull their heads outta their ass, they have pretty much the same this season with Diggs, and Wilson. They need to dress Reggie Robinson and throw his ass out there regardless if it's safety or corner. Woods, Lewis and Awuzi have more than shown what they are and frankly, thats not good enough. The Jones boys have already had a mistake and committed money to Brown. Let these three walk and draft two or three more to go with what you have.

Someone needs to put a gun to the jones boys head and demand the draft LB's with a feel for the game. Jaylon Smith has shown he's not the answer and I sure as hell don't think that just changes overnight. LVE needs to be challenged and sadly thats no longer Sean Lee. LVE should not be rewarded playing time cause of his first 12 or so games his rookie season, not based on what he's shown since then when he's on the field. High school LB's know better than to leave their feet on open field tackles. LVE misses open field tackles on a regular basis cause he does this. I'm worried Smith has stunted LVE's growth with the emphases more on selling their brand than being a mud in your eye LB. That shit of entitlement has long been the problem in Dallas, Smith and I fear LVE have become those cancer type players for this defense....and their the leaders? God help Us!

Hopefully Aldon Smith wants to stay and not chase the money...who knows but there are some keepers on this dline. As usual, they need to draft a man eating Dtackle for the rotation....and again, why not see what Anae has? Sitting out the entire season does nobody any good when your season is in the tank. Gallimore, Hill, Armstrong, Gregory and DLaw is a pretty fair start to next season.

Defense defense defense playing with an edge remains in high demand. Enough with the entitled brand selling bull shit

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhat encouraged about our Oline going forward. Over the last few season we had zero depth. Looks pretty different going forward next season.

Like it or not, this team rolls with Tyron Smith because of his potential when healthy, his contract, which ain't half bad if he's healthy playing to his ability. Combine this with an in shape, motivated Collins along backups like Cam Erving and even what we've seen from Knight. That is seriously NFL good at O-tackle The interior also looks pretty good going into next season with Biadasz, McGovern, Marin starting and back-ups like Williams and Looney also ain't half bad.

It's been said this draft is not all that good at the very top of round one but extremely strong after that. This team should be focused on defense, defense, defense and picking within the top 10 could bring huge returns if they forget lack of experience and let these guys get their feet wet outta the gate.

Shit...Landry started late round drafted rookie safety (Michael Downs) and an undrafted rookie free agent at corner (Everson Walls) back in the day. There were growing pains but there was also the clear makings of good starting NFL D-backs. If the Jones boys pull their heads outta their ass, they have pretty much the same this season with Diggs, and Wilson. They need to dress Reggie Robinson and throw his ass out there regardless if it's safety or corner. Woods, Lewis and Awuzi have more than shown what they are and frankly, thats not good enough. The Jones boys have already had a mistake and committed money to Brown. Let these three walk and draft two or three more to go with what you have.

Someone needs to put a gun to the jones boys head and demand the draft LB's with a feel for the game. Jaylon Smith has shown he's not the answer and I sure as hell don't think that just changes overnight. LVE needs to be challenged and sadly thats no longer Sean Lee. LVE should not be rewarded playing time cause of his first 12 or so games his rookie season, not based on what he's shown since then when he's on the field. High school LB's know better than to leave their feet on open field tackles. LVE misses open field tackles on a regular basis cause he does this. I'm worried Smith has stunted LVE's growth with the emphases more on selling their brand than being a mud in your eye LB. That shit of entitlement has long been the problem in Dallas, Smith and I fear LVE have become those cancer type players for this defense....and their the leaders? God help Us!

Hopefully Aldon Smith wants to stay and not chase the money...who knows but there are some keepers on this dline. As usual, they need to draft a man eating Dtackle for the rotation....and again, why not see what Anae has? Sitting out the entire season does nobody any good when your season is in the tank. Gallimore, Hill, Armstrong, Gregory and DLaw is a pretty fair start to next season.

Defense defense defense playing with an edge remains in high demand. Enough with the entitled brand selling bull shit
We got players starting right now that are not good .. Steele would probably be a bum in the arena league. Jaylon almost had a pick six,but it looked like he was running up Mount Everest so he got caught from behind. Jaylon just looks bad. Connor William's always getting man handled.

Mcgovern.i believe is going to be very good. He is not getting shoved backward,very strong,and he gets to the 2nd level very fast. He Is very athletic for a guard and I bet he could play OT If he got coached up.

if I were trying to win games I would definately not be playing Steele. Steele supposedly had his best game Sunday and still gave up the hurry that turned into a pick six.. . Seriously get this guy off the field and off the team...he Is causing losses. And whoever thinks it a good idea to play Steele should be fired...And I am going to be honest and say I cant deal.with anymore total stupidy like that fake punt.. after thinking about this for a few days i think you have to move on from this coaching staff.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course the draft wont be strong at the top the year when dallas is picking, it is the curse of jerry you know.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you have to move on from this coaching staff.
based on some of the games, I understand the statement, but this is not realistic in Jerry's world. The best one could hope for is dropping 3 to 4 assistants.

The bigger problem IMO still is Jerry. I fear he mandates that players he's extended play regardless of their play. I really don't think any head coach has full responsibility on playing time. If true...this remains the biggest problem and prevents this team from ever being good enough cause you know the players know this and it cuts the legs off a coach.

I said for years, Jerry got lucky with Jimmy & Parcells. No respectable good football coach would ever what this job because of Jerry, only a coach desperate to get in or back in the NFL would roll the dice with Jerry. That sure seems Mike McCarthy to me. The interesting this offseason will be if McCarthy has the stones to replace some of his home boys who have clearly done a bad job. To me, that is the DC, LB coach, DL coach and special teams coach. I'd add the DB coach but I do think they or being coached correctly, (looking back for the football and getting their hands between the receivers hands), it's just that the players don't cover well and grab when they overcommit in a route.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the draft wont be strong at the top the year when dallas is picking, it is the curse of jerry you know.
LOL...no, players like the Bama corner are good but not top 5 good. No DLine player and only one olineman have top 10 grades. This year looks like the two QB's maybe 3 and the Oregon tackle are worthy top 5 picks. I actually lean towards the Bama corner if we draft 8,9 or 10, but I haven't studied up much to really know how I'd go. I crave a DB and LB in the top 50 as I sit here today

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true and it happens on a weekly basis.
It's a problem when shit is mandated from the league office. It becomes the NBA.
Good point. And I dont watch the NBA mainly because of the officiating. The NFL is not as bad .as the NBA. or is it? There have been lots of game altering calls and non calls over the past 3 years including the ridiculous flop by Jalen Ramsey in this seasons opener as well as a flop last season when the Cowboys played the Saints. Both of these calls ended a likely Cowboys comeback victory.Very few bad game altering calls or non-calls in the Cowboys favor, but when there is one the media is quick to bring it to everyone's attention.

Meanwhile we got this 4th down play which looks like blatant PI and not a peep out of anyone...if the Cowboys had done that and ended up winning, every sports talk show would be talking about this play and how bad of a non-call it was.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...no, players like the Bama corner are good but not top 5 good. No DLine player and only one olineman have top 10 grades. This year looks like the two QB's maybe 3 and the Oregon tackle are worthy top 5 picks. I actually lean towards the Bama corner if we draft 8,9 or 10, but I haven't studied up much to really know how I'd go. I crave a DB and LB in the top 50 as I sit here today
As much as I would like to see some top picks used on Defense for once. We do need to replace our LT!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would like to see some top picks used on Defense for once. We do need to replace our LT!
with a 1st round pick? I strongly agree to disagree with this statement.

and as I said earlier, that ain't happening with this organization. You're pissing in the wind here.