• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turkey Day

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not going to be smooth as we would like it but could certainly been better. HC allowing such play calling and Zeke under performing contributes to a big portion of the problem even before all the injuries. That game possibly could have been won or at least closer had it not been for obvious mistakes. Sure more time to prepare would be nice but all teams had to deal with covid etc. Lot of things come in to play like losing Dak. No one expected much this year but good grief owners and fans deserve more from coaches and players.

well...you know I agree with this post. I actually like the tackle situation for next year. This team is better prepared for Smith going down with his back a game or two. This season's injury is not his norm. Hell, the injuries this team has suffered through this season in the oline isn't normal, just rotten luck.

with regards to coaching, I prefer thinking about what might actually happen. Jerry has said several times he's not firing McCarthy. The McCarthy hire like the Jaylon and Elliott extensions would be an admission Jerry screwed up and no way in hell is Jerry doing that for the 2021 season. I hope McCarthy can swallow some of his pride and admit he made some mistakes with some of the coaches he brought here and cut some ties. This is going to be interesting to see if Mike can or will do that.

For many years now the biggest obstacle remains Jerry. IMO, the best we can hope for is dusting a few coaches from this staff and having one hell of a draft with the mindset we're going to play these guys. This team needs to have true competition for playing time with zero regard to what a player makes or did in the past. This in itself will be a tall order for McCarthy with regards to Jerry's massive ego
Every time I see a GM fired in the last 20 years, I keep praying it will be Jerry's name. How he thinks he has done a good job in 20+ years is the most baffling thing to Cowboy fans.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see a GM fired in the last 20 years, I keep praying it will be Jerry's name. How he thinks he has done a good job in 20+ years is the most baffling thing to Cowboy fans.
Yep, this is the main reason why the Cowboys have not won a Super bowl since the mid 90s... Cowboys have drafted better lately but that is only because of will Mcclay. Drafts run entirely by Jerry were a complete dumpster fire. Where Jerry has failed over and over is by doling out big contracts ..the money given to Zeke and jaylon and even Crawford could have been spent on retaining Byron Jones . I still think Zeke is a good RB. Jaylon on the other hand is not good

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is the main reason why the Cowboys have not won a Super bowl since the mid 90s... Cowboys have drafted better lately but that is only because of will Mcclay. Drafts run entirely by Jerry were a complete dumpster fire. Where Jerry has failed over and over is by doling out big contracts ..the money given to Zeke and jaylon and even Crawford could have been spent on retaining Byron Jones . I still think Zeke is a good RB. Jaylon on the other hand is not good
Zeke has not played well, but the O-line has been decimated with injuries, which I think is also a contributing factor. We have been behind so much, we have not been able to use the run game more. I would like a new OC and a more healthier line next year. With that, but zeke continues next year declining, then time to cut bait.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke has not played well, but the O-line has been decimated with injuries, which I think is also a contributing factor. We have been behind so much, we have not been able to use the run game more. I would like a new OC and a more healthier line next year. With that, but zeke continues next year declining, then time to cut bait.
I agree. Cant really cut Zeke now anyway due to the Cap. But let's hope that the OL is back next year and we will.find out if Zeke got anything left. Zeke though needs to stop fumbling.. his fumbles have led to 3 or 4 losses.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No GM with Jerry's resume would have a job in the NFL. PDay ain't kidding when he says Jerry is the biggest obstacle. It's just too bad more people don't think this way and the media in Dallas have no balls to call out Jerry's bullshit. They find ways to blame the QB, the RB, the defense, the coaches every week, but don't say shit about Jerry. The fans eat that bad journalism up. That's the problem right there.

Team was giving up 36 points a game with Dak healthy and after every loss for some reason, the losses were on Dak, the D, the turnovers, the Special Teams, etc. But no blame went to the dude who put the team out on the field and signs the checks. I'm tired of people always blaming the players when we've seen our players go to other teams and be successful or if not successful, not be a hindrance. It's the culture here. It's the GM/owner that's holding the franchise back.

It tells you all you need to know where the Cowboys are as an organization when Pittsburgh suffered the same problems last season and still went 8-8. The two organizations couldn't be any more far apart. Watch how during the next offseason, ALL of the talk will be about Dak's contract, the coaches Dallas should fire or keep, or should the Cowboys draft a QB. You won't hear a single thing about the Cowboys needing a new GM. Everything changes, but one thing stays the same and somehow gets far less blame than it should. I've even seen Cowboy beatwriters have the audacity to say it isn't Jerry fault and it's on the players to perform. LOL, what a crock of shit. So for 20+ years, it's just been the players? Not the mfer that's selecting them and bringing them in? LOL, why is it that when other team's improve in upper managment, they tend to get better?

Last edited: