• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turkey Day

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...no, players like the Bama corner are good but not top 5 good. No DLine player and only one olineman have top 10 grades. This year looks like the two QB's maybe 3 and the Oregon tackle are worthy top 5 picks. I actually lean towards the Bama corner if we draft 8,9 or 10, but I haven't studied up much to really know how I'd go. I crave a DB and LB in the top 50 as I sit here today
Sewell is the only non QB worthy of being a top 5 pick. And you are right about defense. Maybe Parsons is the best defender and yes he is a blur and I like him,but can he cover? Parsons is fast and has instincts. Kwitty Paye reminds me of Taco and if we pick him I will throw the remote at the TV. Surtain is similar to Mo Claiborne . Surtain is not that fast and he is very grabby. Caleb Farley I like because he is fast,but he is not top 5 worthy. The Miami DE looks like a project . He kind of reminds me of a skinny David Irving..there dont look like any blue chip defenders jn this draft. Trading down would be a good idea,especially if we have pick 3, although it would be hard to pass on Sewell.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll also add this to the DB play and this problem is shared by the coach and player.

when you're in man to man, a DB NEVER should have his eyes in the backfield, yet many times this year, our corners are beat in man coverage cause their eyes are in the backfield. A solid 9th grade football coach coaches that happens in zone but NEVER in man. I good coach would never allow that to happen and when it does, that player can't play.

SO having said this....we should fire the head DB coach as well.
Football 101 should be demanded at this level and it's not happening at LB or the defensive backfield. That shit is pure coaching.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a 1st round pick? I strongly agree to disagree with this statement.

and as I said earlier, that ain't happening with this organization. You're pissing in the wind here.
well we are not getting a QB & you are saying the only other person with a top 5 ranking is a LT.
So are you saying reach with the top 5 pick?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we are not getting a QB & you are saying the only other person with a top 5 ranking is a LT.
So are you saying reach with the top 5 pick?
I don't think we'll have a top 5 pick and if we do, trade down and land another pick in the top 50 is the way I'd go.

I'd cream in my pants if we landed three defensive players in the top 50

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll have a top 5 pick and if we do, trade down and land another pick in the top 50 is the way I'd go.

I am all for trading down (a little) & gaining more quality picks

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we happen to get a top 5 pick I try to trade down ...I would really like those two first rounders Miami has. Especially if the Dolphins just miss the playoffs. There are defensive players that could really help this team..if we landed a Surtain, Horn or Farley and then Cisco or Tufele I would be happy. I also very much like that Leathergood from Alabama. Tyron Smith is a real concern.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3 to 4 LB's with first round grades and I bet Jerry won't look at any of um. Our best bet is we draft corner with the first pick

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...no, players like the Bama corner are good but not top 5 good. No DLine player and only one olineman have top 10 grades. This year looks like the two QB's maybe 3 and the Oregon tackle are worthy top 5 picks. I actually lean towards the Bama corner if we draft 8,9 or 10, but I haven't studied up much to really know how I'd go. I crave a DB and LB in the top 50 as I sit here today
I would love PS jr. from Alabama in the top 10.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with still having Smith. Defense should be the first pick.
my point being if we have a top 5 pick & none of the defensive guys are worthy of a top 5 pick & the LT is. As it was explained to me in the post I responded too.
Rather replace our OT than reach for a Defensive guy in the top 5 pick.
BTW I doubt we have Smith or shouldnt have Smith next year.
While we will eat about 8.8 mil in dead money. He will cost us over 14 if we keep him. Where he will miss probably half (or more) the season with injury.
Now if there is a defensive player worthy of a top 5 pick. I am all for it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point being if we have a top 5 pick & none of the defensive guys are worthy of a top 5 pick & the LT is. As it was explained to me in the post I responded too.
While we will eat about 8.8 mil in dead money. He will cost us over 14 if we keep him. Where he will miss probably half (or more) the season with injury.
This is a good point. Sewell may be the only non qb worthy of a top 5 selection this season. The combine could change that. I have seen Surtain mocked anywhere from top 6 to the lower 20s. Preferably we trade that top 5 pick we likely get for multiple high picks and use on the secondary.. or even a DT. Unfortunately I see no elite lock down corners,but who knows maybe one emerges? Other secondary players I also like are Farley and Cisco. They are also 1st round players IMO. Leatherwood the LT from Alabama I really like. He could be a top 10 pick. Tufele the DT from USC is another one I would pick in 2nd round,but I think he goes in 1st round.. if we are able to trade down then could really load up on defenders..

I am still not happy at all that Donovan Wilson sat on the bench all that time and we had trash playing in front of him. And now Anae rots away on the bench when I really think he could bring more juice to the pass rush than Armstrong.. Anae is not going to wow you with his athletic ability. He just knows how to create pressure. His college tape proves this. At least put him in game situation and find out

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on some of the games, I understand the statement, but this is not realistic in Jerry's world. The best one could hope for is dropping 3 to 4 assistants.

The bigger problem IMO still is Jerry. I fear he mandates that players he's extended play regardless of their play. I really don't think any head coach has full responsibility on playing time. If true...this remains the biggest problem and prevents this team from ever being good enough cause you know the players know this and it cuts the legs off a coach.

I said for years, Jerry got lucky with Jimmy & Parcells. No respectable good football coach would ever what this job because of Jerry, only a coach desperate to get in or back in the NFL would roll the dice with Jerry. That sure seems Mike McCarthy to me. The interesting this offseason will be if McCarthy has the stones to replace some of his home boys who have clearly done a bad job. To me, that is the DC, LB coach, DL coach and special teams coach. I'd add the DB coach but I do think they or being coached correctly, (looking back for the football and getting their hands between the receivers hands), it's just that the players don't cover well and grab when they overcommit in a route.
I was breaking this down in my head the other day. There are things about this coaching staff that I will give them a break for. 1. No real time to spend with the players. I understand all teams were under the same restraint but having coached a team for several years and then having spring practice is different from being a first year coach having spring practice in 2020. I give a bit of a pass on them because of that. New schemes and yada yada. 2. Injuries. You have to cut some slack there. You just have too. I mean, WTF? 3. And this really is about 50/50 with coaching and players, just not the same attitude/swagger. The missed tackles was off the charts. Something I have not seen in a while. Lack of WILL. I see the same with Zeke. He left his OOMPH at the contract table and never went back to pick it up.

But the thing that makes me so freaking soured on the coaching staff, and mainly HC, is the decisions on Sunday (well Thursday this week), So poor. Play calling was some dumb shit. The Special Teams coach should not be the one to take that hit. HC should. Only thing I fault the ST coach for is he should have been in Mike's face telling him how stupid it is to run that play in that situation.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was breaking this down in my head the other day. There are things about this coaching staff that I will give them a break for. 1. No real time to spend with the players. I understand all teams were under the same restraint but having coached a team for several years and then having spring practice is different from being a first year coach having spring practice in 2020. I give a bit of a pass on them because of that. New schemes and yada yada. 2. Injuries. You have to cut some slack there. You just have too. I mean, WTF? 3. And this really is about 50/50 with coaching and players, just not the same attitude/swagger. The missed tackles was off the charts. Something I have not seen in a while. Lack of WILL. I see the same with Zeke. He left his OOMPH at the contract table and never went back to pick it up.

But the thing that makes me so freaking soured on the coaching staff, and mainly HC, is the decisions on Sunday (well Thursday this week), So poor. Play calling was some dumb shit. The Special Teams coach should not be the one to take that hit. HC should. Only thing I fault the ST coach for is he should have been in Mike's face telling him how stupid it is to run that play in that situation.
Injuries yes. beyond that is unforgivable. These are high paid professionals that are paid to deal with overcoming and unseen obstacles.( lack of will/OOMPH )

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries yes. beyond that is unforgivable. These are high paid professionals that are paid to deal with overcoming and unseen obstacles.( lack of will/OOMPH )
Yeah, agree. But I was talking about the coaching staff mainly. They do not seem to get the players fired up.

Disagree a bit about "beyond that" part. How can you expect it to go smooth as a first year coach in an org. and not as much time as needed to prepare? I give a bit of a pass on that. You need repetition and they just didn't have it this off season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agree. But I was talking about the coaching staff mainly. They do not seem to get the players fired up.

Disagree a bit about "beyond that" part. How can you expect it to go smooth as a first year coach in an org. and not as much time as needed to prepare? I give a bit of a pass on that. You need repetition and they just didn't have it this off season.
It was not going to be smooth as we would like it but could certainly been better. HC allowing such play calling and Zeke under performing contributes to a big portion of the problem even before all the injuries. That game possibly could have been won or at least closer had it not been for obvious mistakes. Sure more time to prepare would be nice but all teams had to deal with covid etc. Lot of things come in to play like losing Dak. No one expected much this year but good grief owners and fans deserve more from coaches and players.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot give up on smith yet. He has a friendly contract. I would not draft a left tackle in the top 5, unless we were in dire need, which we are not. We have more critical needs then LT. I would be ok with trading down and getting more picks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot give up on smith yet. He has a friendly contract. I would not draft a left tackle in the top 5, unless we were in dire need, which we are not. We have more critical needs then LT. I would be ok with trading down and getting more picks.
well...you know I agree with this post. I actually like the tackle situation for next year. This team is better prepared for Smith going down with his back a game or two. This season's injury is not his norm. Hell, the injuries this team has suffered through this season in the oline isn't normal, just rotten luck.

with regards to coaching, I prefer thinking about what might actually happen. Jerry has said several times he's not firing McCarthy. The McCarthy hire like the Jaylon and Elliott extensions would be an admission Jerry screwed up and no way in hell is Jerry doing that for the 2021 season. I hope McCarthy can swallow some of his pride and admit he made some mistakes with some of the coaches he brought here and cut some ties. This is going to be interesting to see if Mike can or will do that.

For many years now the biggest obstacle remains Jerry. IMO, the best we can hope for is dusting a few coaches from this staff and having one hell of a draft with the mindset we're going to play these guys. This team needs to have true competition for playing time with zero regard to what a player makes or did in the past. This in itself will be a tall order for McCarthy with regards to Jerry's massive ego

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not going to be smooth as we would like it but could certainly been better. HC allowing such play calling and Zeke under performing contributes to a big portion of the problem even before all the injuries. That game possibly could have been won or at least closer had it not been for obvious mistakes. Sure more time to prepare would be nice but all teams had to deal with covid etc. Lot of things come in to play like losing Dak. No one expected much this year but good grief owners and fans deserve more from coaches and players.
Yes, agreed.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cant believe how stupid that fake punt was...yeah,the more the coaching staff talks about this play,it seemed to be a desperation move.

The problem is they pull the trickery so often there is no element of surprise. The 4th down play in the first half was just as stupid as the fake punt..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...you know I agree with this post. I actually like the tackle situation for next year. This team is better prepared for Smith going down with his back a game or two. This season's injury is not his norm. Hell, the injuries this team has suffered through this season in the oline isn't normal, just rotten luck.

with regards to coaching, I prefer thinking about what might actually happen. Jerry has said several times he's not firing McCarthy. The McCarthy hire like the Jaylon and Elliott extensions would be an admission Jerry screwed up and no way in hell is Jerry doing that for the 2021 season. I hope McCarthy can swallow some of his pride and admit he made some mistakes with some of the coaches he brought here and cut some ties. This is going to be interesting to see if Mike can or will do that.

For many years now the biggest obstacle remains Jerry. IMO, the best we can hope for is dusting a few coaches from this staff and having one hell of a draft with the mindset we're going to play these guys. This team needs to have true competition for playing time with zero regard to what a player makes or did in the past. This in itself will be a tall order for McCarthy with regards to Jerry's massive ego
Zeke would have eventually reported.. there was no reason to give out the early extension. There was also no reason to give Jaylon his deal. Jaylon has been trash this season. Zeke I think has been really bad with ball security. I still think he is a good running back. He has no running lanes.. Looney and William's are not good run blockers. Steele sucks at everything. Knight I need to see more of to really determine if he can run block. I think most backs would struggle when only one offensive lineman can run block (Mcgovern). The main reason why they ran good against Minny is because Martin and McGovern were getting things done and the backs were running behind them.

I honestly hoped that the injury bug on the OL was over and the running game would get even better once Biadsz returned. Biadsz,McGovern and Martin would have been a good lineup to run behind