• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turco

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um......care to elaborate....just a little bro?? :)

I mean, do you have esp or intuition or a goddamn link?!! LOL

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NO, I have no reason to think this is in the works or true or anything like that. I just think that shedding Gagne at this point wasn't done solely to bring in Jody Shelley and Zherdev. There are still some easily moved pieces (like one of the 8 d-men, COte, etc) that give you enough space to bring in a goalie if you really wanted to. THey aggressively looked at Nabakov and Turco before FA started. Then they supposedly show no interest at all after it starts? That makes no sense. THey were willing to give up a pick and overpay a month ago, but now that he would come free and clear, and his price has come down they don't care at all about him? THey can easily demote Boosh and Cote, which frees up 1.5 million. At this point, he probably won't get much more than that.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philly Daily News had an article regarding Gagne and cap space. Basically they said obtaining Walker was a salary dump as he would likely be waived to add another $1.7 to the cap. Not sure I agree, but they were talking about after camp. This would allow Turco to be signed in the $2-2.5 range which would still leave us with a little cap space. The problem would be that the goalie that you expect to be the starter (Turco) would miss the entire pre-season as we do not have room to sign him without waiving Walker. If this is the plan, then do it already!

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i doubt turco gets 2.5 mil. i do not think there are many teams in need of a goalie. and if so they will probably use him as the backup. i think that is why we could not get mason. he probably wanted to be the starter and with leighton he would have to battle for that spot. with turco we could at least tell him he has a chance. on other teams he would most likely just be their backup.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a list of the goalies who will be UFA next year? Would be nice to see who they could snag at the deadline...would help in guessing anyway...haha!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a list of the goalies who will be UFA next year? Would be nice to see who they could snag at the deadline...would help in guessing anyway...haha!

UFA (Name, age, team, 2010-11 cap hit):
Anderson 30 COL 1.812
Howard 27 DET 0.717
Vokoun 34 FLA 5.7
Roloson 41 NYI 2.5
Leclaire 28 OTT 3.8
Boucher 34 PHI 0.925
Bryzgalov 31 PHO 4.25
Conklin 35 STL 1.3
Giguere 34 TOR 6

RFA:
Enroth 23 BUF 0.875
Mason 23 CBJ 0.905
Bernier 22 LAK 0.843
Elliot 26 OTT 0.85
Neuvirth 23 WAS 0.822
Varlamov 23 WAS 0.822

Those are just the headliners.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think with the recent Cup winning goalies, teams are starting to realize that defense is more important than goalies. Goalies are rapidly losing their worth, especially since the elite ones havent won since 03 unless you want to consider Giguere an elite goalie. Goalies can get hot, your defense is pretty much your defense, someone may step up but its not going to make enough of a difference to steal a game(ask Coburn)

Niemi
Fleury
Osgood
Giguere
Cam Ward
Khabibulin

Nothing special at all on that list. Pretty much mediocre.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think with the recent Cup winning goalies, teams are starting to realize that defense is more important than goalies. Goalies are rapidly losing their worth, especially since the elite ones havent won since 03 unless you want to consider Giguere an elite goalie. Goalies can get hot, your defense is pretty much your defense, someone may step up but its not going to make enough of a difference to steal a game(ask Coburn)

Niemi
Fleury
Osgood
Giguere
Cam Ward
Khabibulin

Nothing special at all on that list. Pretty much mediocre.

Good post. Mediocre might be a tad harsh though.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good post. Mediocre might be a tad harsh though.

Thats true, some of them are better than average, I would take Cam Ward and Niemi any day...but I still think they have some question marks, definitely NOT elite goalies.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFA (Name, age, team, 2010-11 cap hit):
Anderson 30 COL 1.812
Howard 27 DET 0.717
Vokoun 34 FLA 5.7
Roloson 41 NYI 2.5
Leclaire 28 OTT 3.8
Boucher 34 PHI 0.925
Bryzgalov 31 PHO 4.25
Conklin 35 STL 1.3
Giguere 34 TOR 6

RFA:
Enroth 23 BUF 0.875
Mason 23 CBJ 0.905
Bernier 22 LAK 0.843
Elliot 26 OTT 0.85
Neuvirth 23 WAS 0.822
Varlamov 23 WAS 0.822

Those are just the headliners.

Hmmm if the avs slide next year anderson would be a nice guy to snag at the deadline and his caps reasonable....to bad Philly didn't listen to me and sign him last year before the avs did!!! I love Bryz too but his cap hits too high for Philly unless they moved a player...pretty interesting stuff thanks!

I'd take ward in a heartbeat too he's definitely good Scott the rest are steady guys or bi-polar guys like maf who knows what you get from game to game I don't like that especially with the big cap hits the pens can keep him.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who they get at the deadline, if anyone, but I sure as hell want them to snag Vokoun in FA. 2 years, $8M, and a chance at playing for a team that actually has talent on it, something he only gets to see at the World Championships. That would leave them with $10M plus however much the cap goes up to re-sign whoever they want out of Giroux, Leino, Carter, Zherdev, Carcillo, and Powe.

Interesting little sidenote about the available goalies this year and next year. This article from before this past season shows the sv% of all the goalies at even strength, and puts them into 5 seperate groups, 1 being the best and 5 being the worst. Nabokov is in Group 5 below Emery and just above Turco, who is just above Marty Biron. You can also see how one-hit wonders like Miller and Bryzgalov are in group 3 because they had a good year, but just aren't as good as everyone thinks. Oh yea, did I mention Vokoun was #1 on the list?

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that article shows nothing. sorry i would much rather have miller than boucher, fleury, clemenson, conklin, and whoever else is on the list. most of group 2 only played 1 year. i do agree that vokoun is very good though. probably top 3 if not the best.

however there is no way we can afford him. we need to re sign carter, giroux, leino, and zherdev. it will all depend on how leighton plays and if they think bobrovsky is ready. so it is possible although it really just depends on a few things. also, even if the cap goes up teams will be worried because it could drop a lot in a few years.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you have to take into account the teams they play on. miller is on a pretty average team in my opinion and so is bryzgolov. vokoun is impressive although florida seems to be a pretty good team defensively. he is still one of the best although those numbers just do not show much of anything.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
florida sucks besides vokoun.

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turco was already offered 2mil a year by the Flyers and he turned it down and now that Niemi (sp) is going to arbatration and he may get more than the hawks can afford(hes looking for abour 2.5-3 mil a year) the Hawks are looking at Turco as a possible replacement........per. espn.nhl

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have not heard the flyers offered him anything.

"We're still talking to some big-time contenders," Turco's agent Kurt Overhardt said. " I wouldn't limit it to one team.

"He wants to play for a big-time contender in a great hockey city. It could be done by the end of the week, or it could be two weeks. Nothing is certain."

Turco already reportedly turned down an offer from Philadelphia for three years at $2 million per season.

From espn.nhl about Neimi and they added a blog about Turco.