• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turco

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you around EF! ;)

I gotta laugh at Turd-co. The guys is on the other side of his career, but his narcissism has him believing he's still "the man" and as such, should be paid heavily and accordingly.

lol wow...

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok thanks. i think the flyers are going to wait to see what happens with niemi to make a move. if they end up even going after turco.

Good to see you around EF! ;)

I gotta laugh at Turd-co. The guys is on the other side of his career, but his narcissism has him believing he's still "the man" and as such, should be paid heavily and accordingly.

lol wow...

Np scotty, and I think the same thing about us waiting but the problem would be the amount he would want, and yes "if" they go after turco will depend if Niemi takes less $$$. Guess we will see soon enough.

Always a pleasure Tox :)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niemi would be an interesting option.

But I still think Leighton is the chosen one.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was discussed on the morning hockey show the other day. If Niemi goes to arbitration and gets over $2.5, then the Hawks will have additional cap problems. Turco may actually be a cheapeer option. They then commented that Niemi may be a good fit for the Flyers. If we are/were going for a goalie, I would think it would be Turco.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My guess is the FLyers will wait to see what happens with Niemi. If he becomes available, maybe they try to make a play for him. If he stays with Chicago, then I think the FLyers become the only real great destination for TUrco, which will make him more affordable. If they can make it work ont he cheap, then they can grab him. If not, then they stick with a kick-ass D and Leighton.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was discussed on the morning hockey show the other day. If Niemi goes to arbitration and gets over $2.5, then the Hawks will have additional cap problems. Turco may actually be a cheapeer option. They then commented that Niemi may be a good fit for the Flyers. If we are/were going for a goalie, I would think it would be Turco.

Perhaps ... but if he wants $2.5M+, how would we create that cap space? Waive Walker and try to move Leights salary?

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and I really hope we give him a chance and he surprises people yet again.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps ... but if he wants $2.5M+, how would we create that cap space? Waive Walker and try to move Leights salary?

that'd be an option.. waive leighton and walker, then you'd have enough room.. absolute max we could offer turco is like 2.2 i think.. thats with waiving bouch and walker

i think the flyers plan on going with the crop they have now between the pipes.. see if it works out, if not, they have enough talent around them to stay competitive, and then make a move for a goalie later

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Problem with waiving Leighton is he probably gets picked up, then we owe half his total contract this year. SO it doesn't save us anything. I doubt Niemi works for us. If he is too rich for Chi, then I don't see it working here.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with waiving Leighton is he probably gets picked up, then we owe half his total contract this year. SO it doesn't save us anything. I doubt Niemi works for us. If he is too rich for Chi, then I don't see it working here.

Is does that half still count against the cap?

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To create room we would waive Walker and Boucher. You only take the cap hit on re-entry waivers. Remember Randy Jones. Nobody claimed him on the way down as they would get full salary and full cap hit. Homer tried to bring him up and the Kings claimed him and we got 1/2 of cap hit. Same with Leighton. We only have 1/2 his cap hit because Carolina tried to recall him. Boucher and Walker would create enough space.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's actually chy not chi and I cannot afford him either:D That being said, not sure how much of a market remains. I he gets a $2.5 arb award and Chicago can't pay it, the let him walk and he is an UFA. This is why Zherdev played in Russia. He got $4 million and the Rags said no. He was free to sign anywhere but wanted $4 million.

The question is whether Niemi would take less from the Hawks and if not would he take less from someone else. I still think we can have a goalie for $2.5 but Walker and Boucher would have to go.

I am getting the feeling that Homer really believes in Leighton and has decided not to make another move for a goalie.:confused:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually chy not chi and I cannot afford him either:D That being said, not sure how much of a market remains. I he gets a $2.5 arb award and Chicago can't pay it, the let him walk and he is an UFA. This is why Zherdev played in Russia. He got $4 million and the Rags said no. He was free to sign anywhere but wanted $4 million.

The question is whether Niemi would take less from the Hawks and if not would he take less from someone else. I still think we can have a goalie for $2.5 but Walker and Boucher would have to go.

I am getting the feeling that Homer really believes in Leighton and has decided not to make another move for a goalie.:confused:

thats what i've been saying since july 1st.. even though like you, i disagree with that mentality.. i think homer made a big mistake in signing leighton prior to july 1, if he waited he could've had a better goalie for very little more (mason for 300k more), or a goalie of equal caliber for less, or probably even leighton for less

based on the numbers i've been trying to keep in the cap central thread, i think 2.5 is just a bit too rich for waiving walker and bouch.. it clears 2.6, yes, but we're like 500k over the cap with them on there (24 guys on the roster).. so when they come off they really make 2.1 mil in space for said goalie

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Boucher & Walker for Niemi.

Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and I really hope we give him a chance and he surprises people yet again.

Yes! Exactly. Dont get me wrong, if we can get Niemi on this team by only moving people like Walker and Boosh Ill do it in a heartbeat but people have got to remmeber MICHAEL LEIGHTON Got us to the playoffs, helped beat a hot Habs team and took the Champs to Game 6 OT

orangestreak73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't understand why Chicago won't just sign the younger Niemi. Turco was supposedly offered $1.75M. If they get rid of Niemi, it may haunt them for a while.

Art