• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turco

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have a great 4 out of the top 6.. as far as i can see they have 2 open winger spots in their top 6.. hossa, kane, toews, and sharp.. they need 2 more.. so i'm not willing to call it a great top 6 quite yet.. it will be good because those 4 players are very good, but the other 2 wingers remain ?'s

I stand corrected, 4 top forward and 4 top dmen. Did anybody see anything on Huet. He is listed as a non-roster player. An article said he will be sent down or play in Europe. Not sure how you move a guy under contract to non-roster status. :confused:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't tryin to be a douche.. just sayin they are in more pain than just a couple 4th liners

anywho.. i have no idea how they can move him to non-roster status.. they didnt buy him out did they? that would have a big cap hit with it anyway cause he gets paid so much

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't tryin to be a douche.. just sayin they are in more pain than just a couple 4th liners

anywho.. i have no idea how they can move him to non-roster status.. they didnt buy him out did they? that would have a big cap hit with it anyway cause he gets paid so much

I did not think you were being a douche:D, I went back, looked at the players and happen to agree with you:D

Our non-roster players include the likes of, Marshall, Testwuide, Nodl, Backlund, etc. I am still not sure what that means. I know these guys can come and go without waivers, but I thought it was because they have a 2 way contract. Not sure how you remove a player without a 2 way contract from the roster without waiving him.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are so caught up in 23-man rosters. If they want to play without healthy scratches, then only 20 guys count against the cap. They aren't forced to have a 23-man roster. They have over $3M in cap space for another forward, another defenseman, and however many healthy scratches they want.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya i dont know either..

on a different, but related note.. i cant wait to see some of those guys in action in the pre-season.. always love seein the 'youngsters' making the team (my age haha)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are so caught up in 23-man rosters. If they want to play without healthy scratches, then only 20 guys count against the cap. They aren't forced to have a 23-man roster. They have over $3M in cap space for another forward, another defenseman, and however many healthy scratches they want.

i'm gunna be honest i thought it had to be 23.. someone somewhere said it did and i never looked it up.. has to be at least 20, and at most 23..

that being said, IMO, most teams will/do carry at least 22 (a forward, and a d-man) in case something like the flu hits.. a team would be screwed if they didnt have scratches ready to go in case of injury/illness.. call-ups take a little bit of time, especially if the team is out of town

then again, the hawks risked a lot last year, so who knows they might risk a 20-man roster this year

hawks depth

IS
skille/stalberg/bickell/dowell/scott

WAS
versteeg/byfuglien/madden/laad/sopel

thats a big downgrade

Last edited by a moderator:

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if you don't regularly carry an extra player, you need space to call one up for minor injuries or illness. You can't IR everyone who gets the flu for 10 full games to use their cap room. Plus, if you are on the road, you almost need to carry someone so that they can travel with the team. However they made Huet vanish makes it doable, but still a wreck...

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really caught up in the # of players, but more so in how they make Huet disappear. He has not been waived or bought out but is listed as a non-roster player so he does not count towards the cap. If he walks, I doubt they would have to pay him. They could waive him and he gets paid but he is stuck in the minors. If he refuses to go he does not get paid. What gives?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the non-roster players are guys that are waived (if you're looking at cap-geek).. as far as i know huet has not been officially waived.. but its about as certain as the sun coming up tomorrow