• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turco

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turco is NOT coming to Philly!!!

per Turco through CSN. Supposedly the Flyers offered a 3 yr / 2 mil yr deal which he turned down.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turco is NOT coming to Philly!!!

per Turco through CSN. Supposedly the Flyers offered a 3 yr / 2 mil yr deal which he turned down.

He's most likely going to end up in Chicago. The 'hawks are doing the same thing tampa did after the 2004 season and that the florida marlins have done the last two times they've won the world series -- blow the team up. The blackhawks will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's most likely going to end up in Chicago. The 'hawks are doing the same thing tampa did after the 2004 season and that the florida marlins have done the last two times they've won the world series -- blow the team up. The blackhawks will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.

I was thinking the same today. Their whole situation is just like the Marlins fire sale that they had. Brutal management.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dumped a worthless POS goon who had a nice playoff run but nothing else, dumped a promising player who was nothing more than a fringe 2nd liner on their team, dumped an overpaid #5 defenseman, a goalie who was carried 100% of the time, and other assorted goons and overpaid 4th liners. They kept their entire top 6 forwards and top 4 defenseman. They didn't have a firesale, and they aren't going to struggle making the playoffs.

But they will struggle in the playoffs because, let's face it, Turdo sucks.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dumped a worthless POS goon who had a nice playoff run but nothing else, dumped a promising player who was nothing more than a fringe 2nd liner on their team, dumped an overpaid #5 defenseman, a goalie who was carried 100% of the time, and other assorted goons and overpaid 4th liners. They kept their entire top 6 forwards and top 4 defenseman. They didn't have a firesale, and they aren't going to struggle making the playoffs.

So teams waltz into the playoffs with just 10 men these days huh?

wow...I can't wait to see that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow...I can't wait to see that.

No matter which way they shake it the hawks lost a third of their team....that's a whole lot of chemistry. They got worse and some teams like our Flyers got better. I still believe Philly will see what their goaltending is for the first part of the year and if need be they'll find a guy like Anderson at the deadline (if the avs fail that is). I'm hoping one of the young goalies fights his way into the lineup in training camp now that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be sweeter then something with a lot of corn syrup in it.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't be Bobrovsky. He makes more than Leighton.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's those kind of posts that make people lose credibility. They can easily fill their 4 or 5 remaining spots with league minimum guys who are getting paid with buyouts, i.e. Tim Kennedy, and still have space to make a move at the deadline. They certainly have the prospects and picks to do it after raping Atlanta and Toronto.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's those kind of posts that make people lose credibility. They can easily fill their 4 or 5 remaining spots with league minimum guys who are getting paid with buyouts, i.e. Tim Kennedy, and still have space to make a move at the deadline. They certainly have the prospects and picks to do it after raping Atlanta and Toronto.

Hey, if you don't respect my opinion...that's fine, I'm a big boy and won't lose sleep over it, but to basically say I'm stupid because you don't agree with it is in fact, fucking ignorant.

Talk about credibility lost.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's your opinion that the Blackhawks have 10 players? Because I can list the 18 guys they have right now if you want.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did you watch the Finals? Their top 6 fowards didnt do DICK. It was their role players out there scoring all the goals. Ask Ben Eager who won game number 2. I really dont think that Chicago is just going to throw a bunch of scrubs and AHL'ers to fill out their team and have a decent shot at making the playoffs. The reason that Niemi was "carried" was because how much depth that team had. Now they have ZERO depth. I think Chicago was built on depth and depth alone, same way the Flyers are. Do you think the Flyers would cruise back to the playoffs if they lost Giroux, Powe, Betts, Carcillo, Laperriere, JVR, Leighton, and Krajicek? Sure some of those players can be replaced alone, but all of them as a whole? The Flyers would be competing for the worst season in franchise history again.

For the Blackhawks to even be half as competitive as they were last season they're going to need a lot of scrubs to step up, not to mention TURCO. Especially if Toews repeats his mediocre 25 goals 68 points performance again this season.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea i would not say the hawks were a good team because they had such a great top 6. they just had a great team from top to bottom and more depth. now they lost it. and if you watched the sharks series or game 2 of the finals you would see that niemi stole them some games.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they'll still make the playoffs, but i dont think it will be easy, and i dont think theyll be true contenders in the west.. i think they'll take the 6, 7, or 8 seed, because the central is similar to the atlantic in division strength..

but as long as toews, kane, sharp, keith, and seabrook are on the same team, i'll have a hard time picking them to be out of the playoffs.. they have gotten significantly weaker this off-season though..

kane.toews.???
hossa.sharp.???
???.bolland.???
kopecky.brouwer.???

keith.seabrook
campbell.hjall
???.???

turco
crawford

thats a lot of ?'s.. and they only have 600k in space, granted they have a couple AHL guys included in their cap number (skille, who will be a solid player and some d-man i forget his name, john scott maybe?)

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ander, not to get in the middle of things.. but they didnt keep their top 6.. buff and versteeg both had a lot of time on the top 2 lines

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's your opinion that the Blackhawks have 10 players? Because I can list the 18 guys they have right now if you want.

Take this argument up with the guy in post #44. After all, he's the one who said it, not me.

Good luck!

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In other words, they dumped a "not insignificant" amount of their team from last year. Spin it how you want, that means there will be chemistry issues. Somebody else already said it, but I'll second the statement that their top 6 had very little to do with them winning 4/6 cup finals games. Their role players made a significant impact against both SJ and us, and they are predominantly gone now.

They'll be a 6 seed MAX next year.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just checked capgeek and Huet is already off the books. They now have 18 players signed and a little over $3 million to sign 5 players. They still have a great top 6 and top 4, but if the injury bug hits, they will be hurting. They are definately competing for a top 4 spot in the West, but not sure how deep they go with Turco. (Sound familar?)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just checked capgeek and Huet is already off the books. They now have 18 players signed and a little over $3 million to sign 5 players. They still have a great top 6 and top 4, but if the injury bug hits, they will be hurting. They are definately competing for a top 4 spot in the West, but not sure how deep they go with Turco. (Sound familar?)

they have a great 4 out of the top 6.. as far as i can see they have 2 open winger spots in their top 6.. hossa, kane, toews, and sharp.. they need 2 more.. so i'm not willing to call it a great top 6 quite yet.. it will be good because those 4 players are very good, but the other 2 wingers remain ?'s