• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turbo showing he is still #2

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk about the last game and no one brings up that Turbin showed he is still the 2nd best RB on the team. Why i ask? do so many of you dislike him just enough to not want to bring up praise when he earns it?

One thing i noticed is Turbin is running harder now as in he is harder to bring down. Still not any where near Beast mode ability as far as fighting through contact but he is much better than he was his rookie season. I always wondered how a guy his size could go down so easily. He now is getting 2-3 extra yards after contact and before he was "shockingly" going down on what i thought was "light contact".

I am glad we have Turbo and Micheals on this team. If any RB gets injured we shouldn't have to worry all that much. What we got up and down the board is 3 RB's that could start for many teams in the NFL.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take everything I see in preseason with an enormous grain of salt, so while that run he made was nice, (the 47 yarder) I'm not going to use it to change my entire opinion of Turbin. Honestly, I would have liked to see a RB who would have taken that run to the house. Turbin doesn't have that gear. He did gain about 10 extra yards after being hit, but I'd expect that from any RB on an NFL roster.

I think Michaels is going to be the better RB long term, but yeah, Turbin is serviceable with an effective O line. He doesn't have breakaway speed though, nor does he have elite level tackle breaking ability like Lynch. That pretty much makes him average IMO. He'll get yards, but you don't put your team on his back like we do with Beast Mode right now.

Like I said, I don't think much talk is going on because we all know not to read too much into what guys do against guys who probably won't be on an NFL roster in a few weeks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know how many LONG runs Turbin has had wiped out because of penalty? i swear every time he breaks one someone gets called on the Hawks for something lol.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know how many LONG runs Turbin has had wiped out because of penalty? i swear every time he breaks one someone gets called on the Hawks for something lol.

:agree:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. The guy is snake bit on long runs. Always a holding call or something brings it back.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a #1 on any team, but great change of pace back and can block. I'm glad he's on the roster but don't expect anything more than 300-500 yds and a couple TDs from the guy a season. And that's perfect.

I do like how he pulled that BeastMode stiff arm on that big run and it got him an additional 10 yds. That was damn pretty.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a #1 on any team, but great change of pace back and can block. I'm glad he's on the roster but don't expect anything more than 300-500 yds and a couple TDs from the guy a season. And that's perfect.

I do like how he pulled that BeastMode stiff arm on that big run and it got him an additional 10 yds. That was damn pretty.

i can name a few teams that do not have a #1 as good as Turbin, i am sure you also could. I would say the Jags, Dolphins, Cards, Colts, Rams ( the lost Pead ) just to name a few. There is a few more also. He just never gets but like 3-6 carries a game. That hurts him more than helps him. He is the best blocking and receiving RB on this team.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Michael has the better upside and skill set. However he didn't do himself any favors by putting the ball on the ground. One of Pete's biggest things is protecting the ball, and Michael has fumbled in back to back weeks.

And yes Breno Giacamini really screwed Turbin last year multiple times.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always felt that Turbin is painfully average. That's not a bad thing, but I just never saw any #1 back ability with him. My biggest issue is that Michael's is supposed to be the future replacement for Lynch and if Turbin is looking as good or better then him, we have issues.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tzorn nailed it.

I dont think anybody "dislikes" Turbin. They just question his ceiling.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always felt that Turbin is painfully average. That's not a bad thing, but I just never saw any #1 back ability with him. My biggest issue is that Michael's is supposed to be the future replacement for Lynch and if Turbin is looking as good or better then him, we have issues.

Turbin had a great day, but Micheals didn't hurt his chances either. I would still roll with Micheals over Turbin, Turbin has had a lot of chances to show his stuff, let Micheals have the same chances...I think he'll show he's the better back. My biggest concern with Micheals is health, can he hold up? Not sure about that yet.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin had a great day, but Micheals didn't hurt his chances either. I would still roll with Micheals over Turbin, Turbin has had a lot of chances to show his stuff, let Micheals have the same chances...I think he'll show he's the better back. My biggest concern with Micheals is health, can he hold up? Not sure about that yet.

If I have the right idea about how Pete thinks, ball integrity is #1. If that is true, Turbin is ahead of CM.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Turbin will remain ahead of Michael on the depth chart until Michael gets rid of his fumblitis for good. All the talent in the world isn't gonna get you a starting job if you can't hold onto the ball. It should be stated, by the way, that even if/when Michael takes over the primary backup role at some point, having Turbin as your third running back means you have a pretty damn good set of running backs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Turbin will remain ahead of Michael on the depth chart until Michael gets rid of his fumblitis for good. All the talent in the world isn't gonna get you a starting job if you can't hold onto the ball. It should be stated, by the way, that even if/when Michael takes over the primary backup role at some point, having Turbin as your third running back means you have a pretty damn good set of running backs.

I can't see how anyone could call what happened in the Chargers game "fumblitis". He didn't drop it. A Charger rammed his helmet into the ball as he was going down.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see how anyone could call what happened in the Chargers game "fumblitis". He didn't drop it. A Charger rammed his helmet into the ball as he was going down.

Call it what you will, but 2 fumbles in 2 games will get him the bench or a new team if he can't protect the ball better. In Pete we trust and Pete is "all about the ball."
I remain hopeful to be impressed by CM, but so far I haven't felt that vibe.
With that said, I would love to have the problem of which RB to play because they are all that good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Michael have fumbling problems in college? Seems like I remember that being one of his red flags coming into the draft. The guy has all the talent in the world. If he can put it together you guys definitely have a difference maker. At this point though if fumbling is an issue that is the last thing the Seahawks need coming in to spell Lynch. With the defense you guys have and the special teams unit pinning a team back will always be the smarter move than putting in the player who can break one but might fumble just as often as he breaks one. Turnovers can be the great equalizer in this league for any team.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes that can be chalked up to just a really good play by the defender and other times it's a matter of not securing the ball well enough all the way to the ground, but there are guys throughout the league who hardly ever fumble and it's not like defenders aren't trying to knock the ball out of those players' hands with their helmet or their fists or whatever they're doing to punch the ball out. It's just that, either their technique or their strength, or both, is preventing those defenders from successfully knocking the ball loose. As Uhsplit said, two fumbles in two games is gonna get you in Carroll's dog house regardless of the reason for the fumbles. He expects his ball carriers to take care of the ball and if you don't, even if you tried really hard not to fumble or it wasn't your fault that you fumbled, you're not going to see much playing time. There's a reason why he takes one day of practice each week to specifically emphasize ball security on offense and creating turnovers on defense. It might not seem like a case of fumblitis to us when a guy fumbles twice in two games, but it is to Carroll.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Michael have fumbling problems in college? Seems like I remember that being one of his red flags coming into the draft. The guy has all the talent in the world. If he can put it together you guys definitely have a difference maker. At this point though if fumbling is an issue that is the last thing the Seahawks need coming in to spell Lynch. With the defense you guys have and the special teams unit pinning a team back will always be the smarter move than putting in the player who can break one but might fumble just as often as he breaks one. Turnovers can be the great equalizer in this league for any team.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Christine Michael

This is what his combine profile said under "Weaknesses": "Ball security can be an issue, will run with the ball away from his frame (three fumbles in 2011)."

Running with the ball away from your frame gives defenses the opportunity to stick a helmet or a fist in there to knock the ball loose. I'm sure it was one of the first things that the coaches talked to him about in their initial meetings with him last year and something that they've been working to change ever since.