• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This embarrassment is on Russell

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell wilson came back too early. It is selfish of him to want to add to his iron man image and play when he is not ready. We might of had a snowballs chance in hell with Gino playing but zero chance with Russell pretending he is healthy enough to play. Does anyone really believe the seahawks will be nothing more than an also ran this season? Seriously?

The defense is much better. They did an outstanding job but they cannot make up for an offense that can't find their butt with both hands. This management team and coaches are good enough to keep the team competitive, but no longer good enough to get anywhere in the playoffs if they even get there this season. Does not look likely.

Trade the prima donna Russell and trash can the general manager and coaching staff. I would rather watch a team that sucks because of new kids learning as they go than to suck with a bunch of overpaid veterans who think it is all about them.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 100% sure he was pushing himself to hard and I still believe that. I think the Hawks Score something with Geno out there but no they do not win, I don't believe that in the slightest, I just think they get something, a FG who knows. Wilson was rusty and his timing was WAY off. He was late and or high on a ton of throws. He knows it we all know it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 100% sure he was pushing himself to hard and I still believe that. I think the Hawks Score something with Geno out there but no they do not win, I don't believe that in the slightest, I just think they get something, a FG who knows. Wilson was rusty and his timing was WAY off. He was late and or high on a ton of throws. He knows it we all know it.

Yeah, the issue I have with the gameplan though wasn't that he rushed himself back - its the complete abandonment of the running game. We don't know what would've worked or not because we didn't even try to establish the run. Only twice the entire game did the hawks run the ball on back to back plays (a 6 yard gain and a 7 yard gain). Collins has shown that he can be trusted to carry the ball more than 10 times. There isn't any reason that the Hawks were passing on over 80% of snaps - especially with a QB that was obviously rusty coming back from injury and a 3 point game for most of it. 48 drop backs was a lot to ask of Russell - especially since they did it without trying to create any threat of a running game.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the issue I have with the gameplan though wasn't that he rushed himself back - its the complete abandonment of the running game. We don't know what would've worked or not because we didn't even try to establish the run. Only twice the entire game did the hawks run the ball on back to back plays (a 6 yard gain and a 7 yard gain). Collins has shown that he can be trusted to carry the ball more than 10 times. There isn't any reason that the Hawks were passing on over 80% of snaps - especially with a QB that was obviously rusty coming back from injury and a 3 point game for most of it. 48 drop backs was a lot to ask of Russell - especially since they did it without trying to create any threat of a running game.
I read that the reason the Hawks didn't really use the running game is that Russel's injury was keeping him from taking snaps under center

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that the reason the Hawks didn't really use the running game is that Russel's injury was keeping him from taking snaps under center

Then he shouldn't have been playing. They handicapped themselves and put everything on a finger that they knew wasn't healthy enough to play the entire playbook (or even half of it).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a little bit since Wilson had a real stinker of a game. I knew or I should say had a strong feeling he was pushing it to hard.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the grand scheme of things I have always spoken about how Russell never gets any blame for the problems the Seahawks have when everyone screams that the seahawks never support him or give him weapons or let him cook etc. Of course management has a lot to blame drafting bums and signing free agent bums. Literally in the last 6 years the hawks draft a WR and a Punter as their best picks.

As for the game I think he had to play I mean this season is starting to look like a dud which it probably already is to be honest so there is a level of "he could have played" but decided not to which would turn GMs off that would have been all in on giving him tons of money and keys to the franchise which is what he wants from what I am understanding the Tom Brady treatment. I am sure everyone remembers Jay Cutler for not going in the game when he was cleared to play but chose not to. I think it would have looked bad on Russell if doctors said he was cleared to play and instead stood on the sidelines and watched his team lose and the season tank right in front of him then left to another team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't take the hike under center to run the PA game. When he slide he was protecting the hand. I missed the coin toss but i was wonder if he shook hands with his left hand. He was not ready to play and had they came out and said that i dont think anyone would have looked at Wilson any differently. He couldn't even run a part of the offense that they have stated needs to be a bigger part of it the PA pass.

Wilson is Human and 6-8 weeks is normal healing time it was barely 4 weeks. Not only that it was on his Throwing hand, That's much different.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it’s clear he came back too early … bright spot is the defense is playing better, still don’t trust Norton though…

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean any of you believe we had a better chance with Geno? Did you watch those other games? Shitty russ > Geno

^^^^^ That has a lot more to do with the downfall of this team. Pete's schemes only work if they have a pretty good defense and an ace RB. They haven't had that since Lynch.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean any of you believe we had a better chance with Geno? Did you watch those other games? Shitty russ > Geno

^^^^^ That has a lot more to do with the downfall of this team. Pete's schemes only work if they have a pretty good defense and an ace RB. They haven't had that since Lynch.

Would have if they would have just drafted Chubbs like everyone wanted ( if the pick was RB ). Instead they thought they would be cute and Pick Penny.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Geno>Injured Russ. Russ' game last week was worse than any of the 3 starts Geno did. As the finger heals further, then we should see Russ play better, but that was the worst game Russ has played in 5 years.
Was it the finger, or the rust? Because waiting more just adds more rust.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it the finger, or the rust? Because waiting more just adds more rust.

I see it as, rust falls off as the game goes on if the finger isn't an issue. Rust doesn't fall off, Russ gets more desperate and starts making bad decisions trying to force big plays that aren't there.

How many passes were made that were the right read, but just sailed 10 ft over the receivers head? I can think of 3 or 4. How many just didn't reach the receiver? another half dozen or so? That's not just rust. that's lack of touch - which happens when the finger that provides the stability and accuracy of a pass is hurt and unable to perform how it's supposed to.

With reports that his finger wasn't healthy enough to even take a snap under center, it shows that it can't just be rust as a factor.

Honestly, I don't see rust as an accumulative effect as your post suggests, but even if it was, allowing him to come back not fully healthy against the #3 defense isn't a healthy way to shake his rust off. Hell, it would've been better for the team to allow Geno to play higher quality football against GB and Arizona, and allow Russell to kick the rust off against Washington - whose defense has been much weaker than the teams the Hawks are playing in the weeks where Russell is coming back early from the injury.

It's probably a combination of the two, but by the second half it was his inability to throw the ball that was the problem. Seattle is 4-13 when Russell throws 40 or more passes. Either way, rust or not, not a great time to force Russ' arm to be the entire offense.

Honestly, hubris just seems to be the bigger issue with Russell's game last week than anything. His hubris made him come back early. His hubris blinded him to the fact that in his current state he wasn't the best QB on the roster at the time (and I'm one who felt Geno played bad enough he should've been released already). And hubris causes him to have such a lack of self-inspection to believe that the only issue with that game was his two very bad interceptions.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it as, rust falls off as the game goes on if the finger isn't an issue. Rust doesn't fall off, Russ gets more desperate and starts making bad decisions trying to force big plays that aren't there.

How many passes were made that were the right read, but just sailed 10 ft over the receivers head? I can think of 3 or 4. How many just didn't reach the receiver? another half dozen or so? That's not just rust. that's lack of touch - which happens when the finger that provides the stability and accuracy of a pass is hurt and unable to perform how it's supposed to.

With reports that his finger wasn't healthy enough to even take a snap under center, it shows that it can't just be rust as a factor.

Honestly, I don't see rust as an accumulative effect as your post suggests, but even if it was, allowing him to come back not fully healthy against the #3 defense isn't a healthy way to shake his rust off. Hell, it would've been better for the team to allow Geno to play higher quality football against GB and Arizona, and allow Russell to kick the rust off against Washington - whose defense has been much weaker than the teams the Hawks are playing in the weeks where Russell is coming back early from the injury.

It's probably a combination of the two, but by the second half it was his inability to throw the ball that was the problem. Seattle is 4-13 when Russell throws 40 or more passes. Either way, rust or not, not a great time to force Russ' arm to be the entire offense.

Honestly, hubris just seems to be the bigger issue with Russell's game last week than anything. His hubris made him come back early. His hubris blinded him to the fact that in his current state he wasn't the best QB on the roster at the time (and I'm one who felt Geno played bad enough he should've been released already). And hubris causes him to have such a lack of self-inspection to believe that the only issue with that game was his two very bad interceptions.
We're going to have to agree to disagree.

This team had zero chance of making any kind of playoff appearance this year even if Russ hadn't gotten injured IMO. His 'rush' back didn't change anything as I see it.

Just too many issues on defense such as no real pass rush and another year of crappy RB play.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to have to agree to disagree.

This team had zero chance of making any kind of playoff appearance this year even if Russ hadn't gotten injured IMO. His 'rush' back didn't change anything as I see it.

Just too many issues on defense such as no real pass rush and another year of crappy RB play.

If they aren't making the playoffs with him, then rushing him back is useless and only sets up the risk that he has further issues down the road. Which means it's a high risk/low reward move to come back early.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they aren't making the playoffs with him, then rushing him back is useless and only sets up the risk that he has further issues down the road. Which means it's a high risk/low reward move to come back early.
This team is in bad need of rebuilding. From the ground up. I just don't think this changes anything for next year either.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll have a huge day against the Cards. It's a home game, elite QBs generally do well after abysmal performances, and it's clear Wilson was forcing throws last week.... throwing passes into double coverage, etc... I would have to imagine he's going to be on his A+ game today...

His doctor publicly cleared him from injury last week... no reason not to start him... I have a bigger issue with the offensive gameplan of trying to bomb the football 24/7 against a Packers team with good corners/secondary.... THAT was what you were expecting to win with? Look if Wilson audibled every play (he did on some) to bomb it deep, that's on him, but there was plenty of plays where a deep pass was scripted... or how about when Collins was moving the ball for well over 5+ yards against a SHITTY Packers run D, and then Seattle went to passing every down?

I put more blame on the calls and coaching that I would Wilson.... the playcalling (non audible) was baffling. I'm WAY more done with the coaching in Seattle than the QB. That said, I don't think Judy Allen gives a flying fuck and once the revenue dries up she'll look for the highest bidder. Not blaming her for that, she inherited the team and likely didn't ask for it... but time for the general ownership/management/coaching to change.