• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trufant re-signs

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trufant had to cover Anquan Boldin, Isaac Bruce, Larry Fitzgerald and Torry Holt all in their primes and still made the Pro Bowl.

Not too shabby.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:
Hell of a hawk. Went to the wrong college, but was one class act on the Seahawks. So happy he spent his whole career here and is able to retire as one of us.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be in the Ring of Honor not too long from now I imagine.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason Seattle has had pretty darn good luck with corners over the last couple decades (fast forwarding to when Sherman will still be with us).

Springs = Future HOFer if not the injuries
Trufant = Arguably top 3 CB in the league certain seasons.
Sherman = #1 corner in the game at the moment.

Trufant had to do it against VERY tough WRs too. Bruce/Holt, Fitzgerald (PRIME), and even a season against a prime TO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a hawk. Went to the wrong college, but was one class act on the Seahawks. So happy he spent his whole career here and is able to retire as one of us.

:lol:

I concur

Varnigus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be worse: he could have been a Husky like his much less talented brother. :whistle:

Seriously, though, here's to the official end of a great career!

:suds:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we know who'll be raising the 12th man flag for one of the games this year.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. On a side note Hasselbeck needs to retire so he can raise it!

Hopefully Hass does the same thing as Tru when he retires and signs with Seattle for one day.

I know he's worn a few other jerseys in his career but that guy is a Seahawk through and through.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus somewhat randomly showed up at my wife's and my engagement party about 10 years ago. He was dating a "friend" of my wife's (turns out she is a complete bitch, but that's a different story) and she brought him with her. There was probably all of a dozen total people there, so that was pretty cool. He was a very cool, chill dude, in spite of being a Coug :) (Pretty much everyone else at the party was a Husky).
I'll always have a lot of love for the Truf. Awesome that he'll retire a Hawk.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems there is lots of debate as to whether or not Tru should be in the ring of honor. Lots of voting going on online and discussions about it on all of the sports channels.

Glad he retired a hawk, but to me he was a solid player and the ring is reserved for legends. But then there are probably quite a few that others would put in that I'm not sure I would either like Alexander. Maybe Hasselbeck.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems there is lots of debate as to whether or not Tru should be in the ring of honor. Lots of voting going on online and discussions about it on all of the sports channels.

Glad he retired a hawk, but to me he was a solid player and the ring is reserved for legends. But then there are probably quite a few that others would put in that I'm not sure I would either like Alexander. Maybe Hasselbeck.

Holmgren should be in it for sure. If Chuck Knox is up there I don't see why Holmgren shouldn't be.

I don't know what the timeframe is for inducting people into the ring, Walter Jones isn't even in yet. Before we talk about Alexander, Hasselbeck or Trufant I think we can all agree Big Walt needs to be inducted.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmgren should be in it for sure. If Chuck Knox is up there I don't see why Holmgren shouldn't be.

I don't know what the timeframe is for inducting people into the ring, Walter Jones isn't even in yet. Before we talk about Alexander, Hasselbeck or Trufant I think we can all agree Big Walt needs to be inducted.

Walt is a given, I would think.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walt is a given, I would think.

Big Walt is essentially in the Ring of Honor, they retired his number which I would think is more of an honor. In terms of Holmgren I would say yes. While saying maybe to Alexander and yes to Hasselbeck.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Walt is essentially in the Ring of Honor, they retired his number which I would think is more of an honor. In terms of Holmgren I would say yes. While saying maybe to Alexander and yes to Hasselbeck.

Alexander is a definit yes. I think we need to look at the whole career and not just focus on the last season played.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander is a definit yes. I think we need to look at the whole career and not just focus on the last season played.

Personally I didn't like the way Alexander ran, and I truly believe he was a product of that offensive line.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they have to be gone 5+ years or what but of course walt is worthy of the wall and number.

The real question is does tru deserve it at some point. The argument largely isn't about his stats as they probably aren't worthy alone. It's about his life long playing football only in the state of Washington and playing his entire career in Seattle.

So the debate is about whether his story makes him worthy of the wall, not just his football.

As I said, he was a solid player, but it should be a ring of legends. He wasn't one. Period.

That's not saying I didn't like him nor anything else negative. We don't just put every feel good story up there. It should be the very best of our teams history, not the sons we loved the most because of where they came from. But that's just my 2c.