• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trufant re-signs

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they have to be gone 5+ years or what but of course walt is worthy of the wall and number.

The real question is does tru deserve it at some point. The argument largely isn't about his stats as they probably aren't worthy alone. It's about his life long playing football only in the state of Washington and playing his entire career in Seattle.

So the debate is about whether his story makes him worthy of the wall, not just his football.

As I said, he was a solid player, but it should be a ring of legends. He wasn't one. Period.

That's not saying I didn't like him nor anything else negative. We don't just put every feel good story up there. It should be the very best of our teams history, not the sons we loved the most because of where they came from. But that's just my 2c.

I won't think it's a travesty if he doesn't make it in. Trufant was a great Hawk and being a fellow Tacoman I was a huge fan of his but I think it's normal for people to start chanting "Ring of Honor" when a fan favorite retires. People did the same thing for Mack Strong.

Hell, John L.Williams didn't get in!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I heard quite a bit of debate the last couple of days about whether he is ROH worthy or not. Despite playing his whole career in Seattle and going to the RIGHT SCHOOL:cool2:, I am not quite sure I would put him among the Seahawk greats. I dont think he stands out as a difference maker. I think Holmgren, Hasselback, Alexander and Jones should go in before he does.
That being said if Trufant did go in the ROH I would not be mad or think that watered down the group. Unfortunately a lot of people will remember the last few years when he had back issues and was a liability back there, especially since he gave up the pass play that ended our season in Atlanta a couple of years ago. That being said he is arguably one of my favorite Seahawks and glad he was sent off like that.