• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tristan agrees to contract agreement

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know how you can deny that if you watched the playoffs last year.

Tristan Thompson Career Stats:

PPG - 10.1
RPG - 8.4
BLKPG - 0.7
MPG - 28.7

Tristan Thompson 2014-15 Regular Season Stats:

PPG - 8.5
RPG - 8.0
BLKPG - 0.7
MPG - 26.8

Tristan Thompson 2014-15 Post Season Stats:

PPG - 9.6
RPG - 10.8
BLKPG - 1.2
MPG - 36.4

Even with an increase of nearly 10 minutes per game, he couldn't even reach his career average in scoring and only slightly increased his rebounding and blocked shots.

Seems pretty easy to deny that he's good at more than rebounding.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one interesting thing about this deal is that the Cavs are almost now certain to lose Mosgov now after the season.

What leads you to that conclusion?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PPG - 10.1
RPG - 8.4
BLKPG - 0.7
MPG - 28.7

PPG - 8.5
RPG - 8.0
BLKPG - 0.7
MPG - 26.8

PPG - 9.6
RPG - 10.8
BLKPG - 1.2
MPG - 36.4

Even with an increase of nearly 10 minutes per game, he couldn't even reach his career average in scoring and only slightly increased his rebounding and blocked shots.

Comparing his scoring on a team with no scoring options outside of Irving to his scoring on a team with LeBron, Love, Irving, etc... as a means to criticize his performance last season... doesn't make sense to me.

It was by far his best year... especially his efficiency. Which isn't a surprise. He took less shots and better shots playing on a much better team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing his scoring on a team with no scoring options outside of Irving to his scoring on a team with LeBron, Love, Irving, etc... as a means to criticize his performance last season... doesn't make sense to me.

It was by far his best year... especially his efficiency. Which isn't a surprise. He took less shots and better shots playing on a much better team.

Who were all of these scorers outside of Lebron when his playing time increased by nearly 10 minutes per game and he couldn't even reach his career average?

It's not like his minutes increased with Love and Kyrie on the floor to help with scoring. The only real scorer who was left besides Lebron after Love and Kyrie went down was JR Smith who was very inconsistent.

I agree that the Cavs were put in a pretty tough situation because, even if they let TT walk, they couldn't bring in a comparable player at a better price because they didn't have the cap space. I think they did the right thing in sticking to their guns and not letting him force them into an even worse contract.

I think tying up that much money in one position is going to eventually bite them in the ass. The question is, can they win a championship before it does.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PPG - 10.1
RPG - 8.4
BLKPG - 0.7
MPG - 28.7

PPG - 8.5
RPG - 8.0
BLKPG - 0.7
MPG - 26.8

PPG - 9.6
RPG - 10.8
BLKPG - 1.2
MPG - 36.4

apparently you didnt watch the games. He was AWESOME at rolling to the hoop and finishing in the pick and roll. He OBVIOUSLY was a HUGE lift to the Cavs defense. Like I said- he was probably the 2nd best player on whole team in the playoffs---- I am JUST FINE paying a 24 year old big man who was just the 2nd best player on a run to the Finals about the same amount of money that Jonas Valuncuinas, DeMarre Carroll, and Harrison Barnes (TURNED DOWN) were offered/accepted....but thats just me!

One of the lasting images from last year that I really remember is that crazy San Antonio game where Irving went nuts and delivered the Cavs in OT. One of the possessions down the stretch Thompson switched a pick and roll and stayed in front of Tony Parker and caused a jumper miss. He does such a good job at that- and its such an important function of a big man in todays NBA to be versatile enough to play small, and switch the pick and roll and be able to go from the 4 to the 5 and vice versa.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, one of the biggest potential problems with TT's contract is that it makes him untradeable for at least the next 4 years. When he's going into year 5, they might be able to unload him on a team that's looking for expiring contracts, but that's about it.

If they decide they need to move one of the PF's to get a player at another position, they will likely have to trade Love to do it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is coming from the same group of people that claimed the Cavs had among the worst benches in the league BASED SOLELY ON SCORING AVERAGE. When people say stupid things like the Cavs bench is the worst in the league because they dont score that much- these people are just grasping at straws- because when you have Kyrie Love and LeBRon (who went 32-3 the final 35 games of the season they played together) you dont need your bench to score.

Imagine that- at one time- these guys tried to say the Cavs had the worst bench in the league- ONLY for the bench to step up HUUUUUUUUUUUGE in the playoffs. Think of how myopic it was to judge the Cavs bench solely on scoring. If they try and judge Thompson on scoring alone they miss the big picture in a huge way- and just like the Cavs bench made all the people that said they were among the worst in the league look REALLY REALLY DUMB in the postseason- so did Thompson.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently you didnt watch the games. He was AWESOME at rolling to the hoop and finishing in the pick and roll. He OBVIOUSLY was a HUGE lift to the Cavs defense. Like I said- he was probably the 2nd best player on whole team in the playoffs---- I am JUST FINE paying a 24 year old big man who was just the 2nd best player on a run to the Finals about the same amount of money that Jonas Valuncuinas, DeMarre Carroll, and Harrison Barnes (TURNED DOWN) were offered/accepted....but thats just me!

One of the lasting images from last year that I really remember is that crazy San Antonio game where Irving went nuts and delivered the Cavs in OT. One of the possessions down the stretch Thompson switched a pick and roll and stayed in front of Tony Parker and caused a jumper miss. He does such a good job at that- and its such an important function of a big man in todays NBA to be versatile enough to play small, and switch the pick and roll and be able to go from the 4 to the 5 and vice versa.

I did watch the games. I watched him play nearly 10 more minutes per game from what he averaged in the regular season and 8 more minutes per game than his career average, yet not even be able to match his career scoring average.

If he was so AWESOME, why was he only able to increase his scoring by 1 point per game? You said he was more than just a rebounder and that he proved it in the playoffs.

His stats tell a different story.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...comedy at its finest. A SUNS FAN- a team that has not made the Finals since '93 and has not made the playoffs in 5 years in a LEAGUE WHERE OVER HALF THE TEAMS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS- is trying to rip on The Cleveland Cavaliers.

Like I said- as far as teams that dont matter go- the Suns are up there. Definitely one of the most irrelevant franchises in the NBA over the last half decade. BUT THEY WIN MORE GAMES IN THE 90's! LOL....

Like I said- this guy just has to be jealous Gilbert would spend when Sarver wouldnt. Imagine adding Joe Johnson and Rondo (AMONG others) to those Suns teams. WASTED OPPORTUNITIES.

NO ONE can say that Gilbert has not gone the extra mile to put this Cavs team on the court with a payroll of - from what I have seen- is 111 million (and thats WITHOUT TAXES)--- the next highest payrolls in NBA history are the Nets in 12/13 with 102 million (thats not counting tax), and the Lakers in 10/11 when they had a 99 million dollar pay roll (again thats without tax computed in yet- since the taxes arent calculated until the end of the season).

You are where you are because Lebron went back to Cleveland. Cleveland got lucky with the draft lottery and gained a crap ton of assets to be able to move players around. Don't get all high and mighty because you went to the Finals last year, because you still didn't win.

Spurs, Heat, and Lakers fans, along with others can point out that your irrelevant franchise still hasn't won squat. And it looks like other boards have joined into the bag of Wiggy movement.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked, the Cavs bench was ranked 30th in the league. That means they are the WORST bench in the league. You can spew whatever bullshit you want, stamp your feet and hold your breath until your face turns blue

and the Cavs bench will still be hot buttered garbage and the worst in the NBA.

:hammer:

that was your post about the Cavs bench Trojan- which included at the time Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Mathew Dellavodova. Based on solely scoring average YOU said they were the worst in the league "Hot buttered garbage"--- and all they did was go out in the playoffs and step up in a huge way. But again- I have come to accept there is no accountability here.

Sign me up for some more "hot buttered garbage" this year!!!!! LOL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are where you are because Lebron went back to Cleveland. Cleveland got lucky with the draft lottery and gained a crap ton of assets to be able to move players around. Don't get all high and mighty because you went to the Finals last year, because you still didn't win.

Spurs, Heat, and Lakers fans, along with others can point out that your irrelevant franchise still hasn't won squat. And it looks like other boards have joined into the bag of Wiggy movement.

The Cavs trophy case is as empty as the Browns case. Although you can't call the Cavs irrelevant right now, that's incorrect. Hey how many W's do you see the Celtics getting this year?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked, the Cavs bench was ranked 30th in the league. That means they are the WORST bench in the league. You can spew whatever bullshit you want, stamp your feet and hold your breath until your face turns blue

and the Cavs bench will still be hot buttered garbage and the worst in the NBA.

:hammer:

that was your post about the Cavs bench Trojan- which included at the time Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Mathew Dellavodova. Based on solely scoring average YOU said they were the worst in the league "Hot buttered garbage"--- and all they did was go out in the playoffs and step up in a huge way. But again- I have come to accept there is no accountability here.

Sign me up for some more "hot buttered garbage" this year!!!!! LOL

Yep, sign you up for another season with no titles.

:lol: @ Cavs fans thinking that having $195,211,750 tied up in 1 position for the next 5 years is a good thing. They are spending $39,042,350 per season on 1 position.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:Spurs, Heat, and Lakers fans, along with others can point out that your irrelevant franchise still hasn't won squat. And it looks like other boards have joined into the bag of Wiggy movement.
:10::10:

and until they HAVE "won squat" he SHOULD be ready to do what your sig-line suggests. be prepared to shut the fuck up...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: @ Cavs fans thinking that having $195,211,750 tied up in 1 position for the next 5 years is a good thing. They are spending $39,042,350 per season on 1 position.

I think if you are looking for "hot buttered garbage" you dont have to look too much farther than the team in purple and gold in Staples. Although- your definition of "hot buttered garbage" sure seemed like it was a positive so maybe there is hope!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs trophy case is as empty as the Browns case. Although you can't call the Cavs irrelevant right now, that's incorrect. Hey how many W's do you see the Celtics getting this year?

well, you DO have a point there about the Brownies...

as heartbreaking i'm sure as watching the Chiefs this season...:lol:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling adventurous. Anyone willing to give me 2-1 odds (I could get much better odds in Vegas but am feeling generous and confident) on Cavs winning the title for a real $ bet?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's mostly the fact that he's actually trying to defend this so hard, which is what MAKES the whole thing funny...