• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tristan agrees to contract agreement

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this asshole held out since July 1st for an extra 2 million? UNREAL

just glad its FINALLY DONE.

I wish I could hold out for JUST $2 million (or $400,000 per year). What am I saying? I'd settle for a 2.5% raise (82/80= 102.5%). I would want that to be every year, not every five, but whatever.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him, all the great owners become lap dogs for their star players. All great owners have 0 championships on their resume.
AT least Gilbert is doing everything he can to give the Cavs their best shot. Imagine the criticism he would receive if instead of using all the assets at his disposable he got cheap like Sarver did with the Suns.

I mean- it just becomes abundantly clear- or should be to anyone that watches the NBA-

To win in this league you need elite players. ITs VERY VERY hard to get an elite player- let alone 2- like the Suns had with Nash and Amare. They were a team that had potential to do a lot of big things. However, Sarver got cheap. He did the exact opposite of what Jerry Buss did at the helm of the Lakers, or what Cuban has done at hte helm of the Mavs or what Gilbert is doing at the helm of the Cavs. Sarver let Joe Johnson go over- supposedly- LESS then 1 million dollar per year. He SOLD the Rondo pick- which was a top 20 pick if i am not mistaken. ICANT REMEMBER the last time a top 20 pick was sold in the NBA besides that. HE traded Kurt Thomas' terrible contract ALONG with the 2 first round picks- to the Supersonics- and I BELIEVE one of those picks eventually became Serge Ibaka- all though Sonics/OKC made so many plays like that its hard to remember exactly what hte picks became.

When the time was right- when the HARDESt part was accomplished- getting an MVP caliber player and a All NBA teammate to play second fiddle- Sarver blew it terribly. It would be like if the Cavs got James back, refused to trade for Love, let Thompson go because of his deal, and then skimped on using the mid level exception while packaing draft picks to get rid of Anderon Varejaos contract. Gilbert would be CRUCICIED if he just cheaped out to the extent Sarver did right when Sarver's team had the best chance to win that it will likely have in DECADES.

I cant totally understand why this guy cant stand Dan Gilbert.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could hold out for JUST $2 million (or $400,000 per year). What am I saying? I'd settle for a 2.5% raise (82/80= 102.5%). I would want that to be every year, not every five, but whatever.

Does it really matter that he missed the preseason ? Will you remember this in April/June ? (he could have easily told Paul ... maybe others ... "I'm not a big fan of pre-season anyhow")

It makes no difference -- especially for a guy like TT -- he will be in shape in a few weeks. (someone like Tim Moz or Shaq or Sullinger or Chandler -- they could show up out of shape and jump in and get hurt and it could drag on for months -- TT can work his way into shape in the next 2-3 week -- not a big deal)

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him, all the great owners become lap dogs for their star players. All great owners have 0 championships on their resume.

That's right -- not like the great Jim Buss -- who will tank 3-4 seasons just to pay Kobe. (that is an owner that everyone else will copy)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Doc -- are you saying the Warriors are "lucky" that they had the right matchups & situation/health to win the title.

Warriors got fortunate and had the right matchups/health situation to win for sure, but I also do believe they were the best team in the NBA last year. Those two are not mutually exclusive.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be HARD PRESSED to find an article on the Winners and Losers of the 2015 NBA trade deadline and not have the Suns as one of the losers. In all the ones I have found the Suns have been a loser- and usually the #1--- -such as this one

Losers
Suns

This isn’t entirely Phoenix’s fault. Ryan McDonough was dealt a losing hand when Goran Dragic abruptly decided to make his future plans (very) public, about 48 hours before the trade deadline.

Once that happened, there was no way Phoenix was getting anything close to fair value. Part of the blame for that falls on the Suns, obviously. Signing Isaiah Thomas confused everyone this summer, and it looked pretty bad for the first few weeks. Then it looked smart for about a month, when the Suns were winning and looked like a playoff team. Now the Suns are on the outside of the playoff picture, Dragic is gone, and it all looks really, really bad.

All of that is just one offseason gamble that went the wrong way. Dragic probably expressed his frustration over the course of the year, but nobody could have predicted the total meltdown we saw the past few days. This was bad luck as much it was bad management.

The real reason the Suns are losers after Thursday is the second trade. Giving up a likely top-10 Lakers pick (probably in either 2015 or 2016) is just incomprehensible. In July, Phoenix will have either given that pick away for nothing (if Brandon Knight leaves), or it will have given that pick away so it can pay Knight $15 million a year. I don’t even know which scenario is more depressing.

You seem obsessed. Also, offseason grades are useless until the real games go down.

I'm just happy my team didn't pay Tristan Thompson a 5 year $82 million deal. The LeBron window is closing, and once it's gone the Cavs will go back to what they've always been as a franchise… an afterthought.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem obsessed. Also, offseason grades are useless until the real games go down.

I'm just happy my team didn't pay Tristan Thompson a 5 year $82 million deal. The LeBron window is closing, and once it's gone the Cavs will go back to what they've always been as a franchise… an afterthought.
you sound bitter that your team has not made the Finals in over 20 years- it blew a prime opportunity during the Nash/Stoudemire era because your owner was cheap/ and you are nowhere close to getting back to the Finals and that 22 year drought has no end in sight and despite showing progress 2 years ago- took a major step back talent wise and record wise last year while squandering away its best assets because of poor management.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right -- not like the great Jim Buss -- who will tank 3-4 seasons just to pay Kobe. (that is an owner that everyone else will copy)

That was tough. I mean- as a Cleveland fan- if a guy won me two titles like Kobe did as the main guy for the Lakers- I would go out of my way to do whatever I could for him. On the other hand- at one point Kobe did demand a trade and was almost dealt to Chicago so its not like he was this paragon of loyalty with the Lakers.

But- I guess this is beside the point- as it seems your original point was to point out to OutlawImmortal that Jim Buss is a disaster and to rip on other owners while Jim Buss is at the helm is perhaps not a great look.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and really....I should just ask

What do you think Arizonasting?

Do you think Sarver is a good owner?

You would honestly rather have him than Dan Gilbert?

IT would be interesting to hear your arguments if you indeed do think he is a good owner because I am at a loss from what I have observed from a national perspective- From what I have observed the vast majority of Suns fans agree with me - that Sarver is a bad owner that they desperately want to sell the team. Perhaps you know something as a local fan that the national fans do not- I just dont see it though.

I mean- the good things that I see are the Hornacek hiring- which was a good hire. Bringing in Steve Kerr as GM I thought was a good move- and the Suns really overacheived his last season there when they surprisingly went to the Conference Finals- and from what I have read- Kerr thought he was coming back- but didnt- and the media impression was that it was over money. I mean- gotta give him credit for seeing something in Kerr- but then to not bring him back supposedly because of money issues is just ridiculous- especially considering how Kerr was doing well- and then of course proved as a coach that he is a damn smart basketball guy. I just gotta say- I saw all the cost cutting moves and all the fan displeasure in Phoenix and it sure looks like Sarver is not very good and not very popular.

Last edited:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O rings, shitty history, shitty owner, shitty fans, shitty arena, shitty city. And with that I'm out.

Don't bother responding.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter that he missed the preseason ? Will you remember this in April/June ? (he could have easily told Paul ... maybe others ... "I'm not a big fan of pre-season anyhow")

It makes no difference -- especially for a guy like TT -- he will be in shape in a few weeks. (someone like Tim Moz or Shaq or Sullinger or Chandler -- they could show up out of shape and jump in and get hurt and it could drag on for months -- TT can work his way into shape in the next 2-3 week -- not a big deal)

??? Did you quote the wrong post? I wasn't critical, I was just saying I wish $2M was little to me and that I'd take even a small raise.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time in case you missed this post.

Cavs all-time winning percentage: .459
Cavs all-time playoff appearances since 1970: 19
Cavs all-time championships: 0

Suns all-time winning percentage: .552
Suns all-time playoff appearances since 1970 (when Cavs became franchise) : 29
Suns all-time championships: 0

10 less playoff appearances than us in the same span of time. Never talk down to me again bitch, Cavs fans do not have the right to condescend when talking about PLAYOFFS. WE TALKING BOUT PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS?

Ok, now I'm done for real. Bye Wiggy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs all-time winning percentage: .459
Cavs all-time playoff appearances since 1970: 19
Cavs all-time championships: 0

Suns all-time winning percentage: .552
Suns all-time playoff appearances since 1970 (when Cavs became franchise) : 29
Suns all-time championships: 0

10 less playoff appearances than us in the same span of time. Never talk down to me again bitch, Cavs fans do not have the right to condescend when talking about PLAYOFFS. WE TALKING BOUT PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS?

ALL time winning percentage? LOL

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK?

Each team has made it to the Finals Twice--- the last time the Suns made the Finals was 1993. They are NOT CLOSE to returning. In fact- they BLEW THEIR BEST CHANCE- and have a shitty owner that most of their fans hate.

The Cavs on the other hand? MAde the Finals last year- and are the FAVORITES to win the title this year.

No one in their right mind would rather be in the Suns position than the Cavaliers. Like I said- enjoy hanging your hat on "all time winning percentage" when you are watching the Cavaliers in the playoffs and Finals this year- while the Suns are once again- on the outside looking in.

And I think its funny how you wont even admit that YOU think Sarver is a shitbag owner- just like most Suns fans do. Again- IF I were a Suns fan i would be jealous of the Cavs and an owner like DAn Gilbert who is willing to put THIS kind of team on the court.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hate Sarver, that's a given. Gilbert is a shitty owner that got lucky that the best player in the NBA happened to be from Akron, Ohio. If not for that he'd go back to be the shitty, hated owner he was. Now you praise him like he's some sort of God.

Once Wiggins develops into a super star and you're stuck with these shitty contracts and an aging LeBron I'm going to laugh pretty hard. You probably won't be around though by then.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YOU HAVENT MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS!!!!! THATS ONE OF THE BIGGEST DRAUGHTS IN THE NBA!!!!

HAHA....ya your right....when the Cavs were winning the East last year..and the Suns were on their way to the lotto- I was totally thinking that the Suns are better since they have a better all time winning percentage and have made the playoffs more times. LOL.

YOU HAVENT MADE THE FINALS SINCE 1993!!!

THE Suns quite simply- are irrelevant on the national level. Thats the Suns story for this year, last year and going forward- SUCH A COMPELLING STORY "Well- maybe they have a chance for the 8th seed in the West but they will be competing with the Twolves, Kings, Mavericks, and Pelicans"

I mean- do you really get more irrelevant then not being to a Finals in over 20 years and not even making the playoffs once over the past 5 seasons? THAT IS HARD TO DO....maybe the Twolves are more irrlevant- but at least they now have high end talent - something the Suns are lacking in a major way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hate Sarver, that's a given. Gilbert is a shitty owner that got lucky that the best player in the NBA happened to be from Akron, Ohio. If not for that he'd go back to be the shitty, hated owner he was. Now you praise him like he's some sort of God.

Once Wiggins develops into a super star and you're stuck with these shitty contracts and an aging LeBron I'm going to laugh pretty hard. You probably won't be around though by then.
maybe by then the Suns will have made the playoffs.....

like I said- you just dont get too much more irrelevant then not making the Finals in over 20 years and not making the playoffs in 5 years.

talk about a team that just does not matter in the grand scheme of things. Especially- when they did bottom out- they did it during one of the worst drafts in NBA history. I like Alex Len- but generally you want a big time talent in the top 5. and hes not that. (All though Alex Len looks like KEvin McHale compared to Anthony Bennett wow was that draft bad).

IS Bledsoe a top 30 player in the NBA? Maybe, maybe not....who is their 2nd best player? Chandler? KNIGHT?!!!?!! i dunno. if you are talking just straight talent wise there are not too many teams id take the Suns over.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if Gilbert was your owner rather than Sarver you probably have a title or two. Add Joe Johnson and Rondo to those teams.. DAYUM!!!!!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe by then the Suns will have made the playoffs.....

like I said- you just dont get too much more irrelevant then not making the Finals in over 20 years and not making the playoffs in 5 years.

Which is something you should be well familiar with being a Cavs fan and all.