• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the career protestors in Vancouver - this is their go-to move.
in the summer time, at least twice a month, some fucking idiots are standing on a bridge.
While the cops stand by and respecting their right to peacefully congregate.
while thousands of cars are idling for hours. nice

we've got one on this morning clocking he port (on a major commuter route), because some first nations are protesting a pipeling (not THAT one, another one), while other first nations groups have signed off on and supported the pipeline. How about get your collective shit together first, and then figure out what you want to do
This is where I lose a lot of patience for FN groups - you’ll get agreement from the ones who actually have verified claims to land, everything settled and negotiated, then another smaller band comes up with some horseshit land claim and “occupies” until a court injunction calls for their removal at which time the government and police are called colonizers, oppressors etc. for enforcing law.

It’s time for the all governments to get together and call for a grand bargain to settle FN issues once and for all. Have them get their shit together, take the time to negotiate and stop making it hard to do business in this country.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
This is where I lose a lot of patience for FN groups - you’ll get agreement from the ones who actually have verified claims to land, everything settled and negotiated, then another smaller band comes up with some horseshit land claim and “occupies” until a court injunction calls for their removal at which time the government and police are called colonizers, oppressors etc. for enforcing law.

It’s time for the all governments to get together and call for a grand bargain to settle FN issues once and for all. Have them get their shit together, take the time to negotiate and stop making it hard to do business in this country.
they've arrested the ones on the road (I'm sure they'll be out by lunch)
Vancouver port blockade prompts injunction, 33 arrested on Monday morning
still seemingly OK with the ones who have lit a fire on the steps of the legislature. how is that ok?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they've arrested the ones on the road (I'm sure they'll be out by lunch)
Vancouver port blockade prompts injunction, 33 arrested on Monday morning
still seemingly OK with the ones who have lit a fire on the steps of the legislature. how is that ok?
They seem fine with letting ones on government property go.

There was something like 50 people camped out in front of Old City Hall here (its a provincial courthouse now) for 6 months a few years ago. Same stuff - fires, tents, human shit being left on the sidewalk.

I honestly can’t imagine stuff like this happening anywhere else. I can’t get over the train blockade - imagine the Acela line in the US NE blocked by protestors for half a week lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
and in business news, Commercial Airplane orders in January
Airbus: net 274
Boeing: net 0

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops.
A Wuhan Evacuee Who Has Contracted Coronavirus Was Mistakenly Discharged From a California Hospital

also, going on 2 weeks since I started tracking Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS (source: John Hopkins)
confirmed cases and deaths have both jumped 10-fold.

and that one moron who visited a HK hospital for his cruise excursion....
there are now 66 infected on that ship floating off the coast of Japan.
I think that the use of moron here may be insulting to actual morons.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I'm starting to think that Via Rail should just have their trains mow down these protesters if they refuse to move off the tracks. Getting sick and tired of all this bullcrap. Lest we forget, these pipelines have been approved at both the provincial and federal levels.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I'm starting to think that Via Rail should just have their trains mow down these protesters if they refuse to move off the tracks. Getting sick and tired of all this bullcrap. Lest we forget, these pipelines have been approved at both the provincial and federal levels.

Trudeau’s going to have to say/do something at some point, and the fact he hasn’t as of yet kinda highlights just how his both sidesism doesn’t work as policy.

The focus is the Via service but those CN lines carry a fuck ton of commercial freight between SW Ontario and Quebec/Ottawa. This is going to start seriously affecting commerce if it isn’t ended soon and the longer it goes on the more likely we wind up in a much worse situation.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protesters blocked 2 of the 3 bridges to get to my area of town yesterday.

thankfully I barely work most afternoons :suds:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protesters blocked 2 of the 3 bridges to get to my area of town yesterday.

thankfully I barely work most afternoons :suds:

Johnson St bridge and Bay St. bridge I heard from my wife who now works in downtown Victoria.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Heard they were heading to Tillicum bridge as well but it never happened.

Life in Esquimaltraz.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, there’s our federal government now!

I guess they figure the Wuhan is excuse enough to blame when GDP growth slows to shit and they can hide this in it while not costing them “woke” points.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.