• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right eloco, but make no mistake, this has echoes of four years ago when the perception (some still say reality) is that Bernie got screwed by Hillary. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and last night went about as bad for the Democrats as it could.

There was a problem with the reporting procedure and the app. I don't see how a voter would care much about that 3 weeks from now, much less 9 months from now. Nor how they would use that in their decision matrix for candidates that have nothing to do with that app/process.

At the end of the day, if you've watched this President for 4 years and you're not troubled by his ego, his classlessness, his attempts to rig the system using foreign channels, his difficulty simply reading his daily briefings/doing any actual work, his xenophobia, his meglomania, and his many gaffs that show a profound lack of basic knowledge and intellect on a wide swath of issues, well, then you're a fucking moron. The guy literally encouraged people to kill Hillary Clinton if she won. He has talked about sexually assaulting women. He bullies people online like a 6th grader. Any of those things should have been the end for any candidate in the past. Full fucking stop. But they weren't. And his supporters say "something's wrong with this country" because of a slight uptick in brown people, but do not create any accountability for any of these behaviors. It's absurd.

So I'm not really concerned with who the Democratic candidate is to be honest. I have preferences. But people have seen Trump as President for four years. If you voted for him the first time, maybe you didn't know what he was or maybe you just wanted an outsider. I found it ill advised. But if you vote for him this time it's a moral crime and an admission of complete and total ignorance.

Basket of deplorables was far too nice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is this guy not getting looked into, very seriously, for being actively criminal?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a problem with the reporting procedure and the app. I don't see how a voter would care much about that 3 weeks from now, much less 9 months from now. Nor how they would use that in their decision matrix for candidates that have nothing to do with that app/process.

At the end of the day, if you've watched this President for 4 years and you're not troubled by his ego, his classlessness, his attempts to rig the system using foreign channels, his difficulty simply reading his daily briefings/doing any actual work, his xenophobia, his meglomania, and his many gaffs that show a profound lack of basic knowledge and intellect on a wide swath of issues, well, then you're a fucking moron. The guy literally encouraged people to kill Hillary Clinton if she won. He has talked about sexually assaulting women. He bullies people online like a 6th grader. Any of those things should have been the end for any candidate in the past. Full fucking stop. But they weren't. And his supporters say "something's wrong with this country" because of a slight uptick in brown people, but do not create any accountability for any of these behaviors. It's absurd.

So I'm not really concerned with who the Democratic candidate is to be honest. I have preferences. But people have seen Trump as President for four years. If you voted for him the first time, maybe you didn't know what he was or maybe you just wanted an outsider. I found it ill advised. But if you vote for him this time it's a moral crime and an admission of complete and total ignorance.

Unfortunately, there are enough horrible and stupid people that, I fear, the Democrats have to still run a perfect campaign to beat Trump. The Dem candidates aren't helping by crying foul, and the media isn't helping by amplifying these assumptions of corruption. It's so ridiculously obvious what happened is just a failure to test their vote counting process in advance, and that it's completely correctable if we just give them the time and space to fix it. But that's a boring story, and that's not the one getting all the play. And the Trump campaign has already pounced on the opportunity to undermine the entire Democratic party. And it will work, because it worked last time, and no one's any smarter now than they were then, ultimately.

Couple all that to the fact that the Senate is likely to just give Trump permission to cheat, and, well, he will, and he'll win again.

The Democrats have to be perfect. Completely trustworthy, transparent, right on every issue. That isn't fair, but they do, and this is a terrible start.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should all get ready for another four years of Donald J. Trump as president - I don't like it, but I honestly believe that is going to be the outcome in November.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should all get ready for another four years of Donald J. Trump as president - I don't like it, but I honestly believe that is going to be the outcome in November.
It’ll come to voter turnout. Unemployment has actually jumped a bit in MI and WI. He’ll still need those states. If the Democrats get the minority vote out there he could fall. Big challenge though.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I have been tracking this - today's jump was a doozy
confirmed cases up about 30% from yesterday (6,057 from 4,069)
and deaths up about 25% (132/106)
from one week ago.

confirmed cases 20,704 / 4,069 = 509%
deaths 427 / 106 = 403%

- Macau gaming district now shut down
- a confirmed case on a cruise ship, 3,500 now quarantined somewhere off of Japan. Some idiot took his excursion time in Hong Kong to go visit a local hospital.

also, in the office whenever someone sneezes, I have started saying "Wuhan!" instead of "bless you"
happy to report that's starting to catch on as well.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, in the office whenever someone sneezes, I have started saying "Wuhan!" instead of "bless you"
happy to report that's starting to catch on as well.

I did a Seinfeld and said "You're so good looking" to a female co-worker.

/Meeting with HR this afternoon

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a Seinfeld and said "You're so good looking" to a female co-worker.

/Meeting with HR this afternoon

My HR worker is a real bombshell. I find that the meetings get off on the right foot if I comment on the attractiveness of her outfit at the start. Breaks the ice nicely.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, at what point does your inner voice kick in and say, "No, that's probably not a smart thing to say"

Levesque was a sex worker, according to Radio-Canada sources. Her alleged killer, Eustachio Gallese, had been allowed to meet women "only for the purpose of responding to [his] sexual needs," since he was granted day parole in March 2019, according to parole board documents.

Both the federal Correctional Service agency and the Parole Board of Canada are investigating the factors involved in Levesque's death in a hotel room in the Quebec City suburb of Sainte-Foy last month.

After Viersen addressed the House, B.C. NDP MP Laurel Collins asked the Alberta MP to consider listening to the voices of sex workers.

"Sex workers are saying that sex work is work," she said.

"I would respond to that by asking the honourable member across the way if it is an area of work that she has considered" said Viersen, trailing off as other MPs heckle him and one member yells "shame."

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, at what point does your inner voice kick in and say, "No, that's probably not a smart thing to say"

Levesque was a sex worker, according to Radio-Canada sources. Her alleged killer, Eustachio Gallese, had been allowed to meet women "only for the purpose of responding to [his] sexual needs," since he was granted day parole in March 2019, according to parole board documents.

Both the federal Correctional Service agency and the Parole Board of Canada are investigating the factors involved in Levesque's death in a hotel room in the Quebec City suburb of Sainte-Foy last month.

After Viersen addressed the House, B.C. NDP MP Laurel Collins asked the Alberta MP to consider listening to the voices of sex workers.

"Sex workers are saying that sex work is work," she said.

"I would respond to that by asking the honourable member across the way if it is an area of work that she has considered" said Viersen, trailing off as other MPs heckle him and one member yells "shame."

If you've got that voice in your inventory you probably aren't part of the modern CPC.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CNN had a good write-up on why this matters. Whether people will remember it in 9 months was really a very small part of it.

A bigger part of the issue is that it throws off the balance of the Dems. I can't find the exact article again (read it first thing this AM) but it said essentially that if the exit polls were semi-right - with the expectation that they wouldn't be exact because people can change their votes in the caucus if their preferred candidate doesn't have at least 15% - a guy like Buttigieg, who was thought to be well behind Biden and Sanders and about even with Warren, may have actually come out on top last night.

If Buttigieg did in fact win but can't really celebrate as such for a while and has his victory over-shadowed by all of the problems, he loses out on valuable screen and fundraising time heading into New Hampshire. This is especially relevant if a candidate like Steyer, Yang, or Gabbard drops out because of a poor showing and throws their support behind whoever wins.

On the other hand, Biden, who by many accounts may have done very poorly last night, has less time and coverage in which to look bad and has less time before he has a chance to recover in New Hampshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.