• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael needs to take a closer look, things aren't so rosy here in Canada these days. Gun violence and terrorist attacks on the rise, civil discourse hard to find, and things look grim for young people going forward.

Calling it now, Toronto’s going over 100 murders this year. Already at 8 and this is usually the slow season for homicides.

We had 56 in 2015.

By comparison, Detroit had 293 murders last year with 690,000 people. Toronto has 2.7 million people.

Not belittling the current state, I think it shows what Michael is on about. Yeah, thing are changing for the worst. But up there, it still bothers you guys and you seem actually interested in fixing it. Here, everyone has just given up.

I mean we, as a country, just sat back and watched our elected officials wipe their ass with the constitution and laugh in our faces about it.

Things up there may not be as awesome as they once were, but fuck if you don't have it at least 100x better than we do right now.

You still care.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it now, Toronto’s going over 100 murders this year. Already at 8 and this is usually the slow season for homicides.

We had 56 in 2015.
8? We had 8 here this morning, 3 by me.

Can't blame me though, bitch was wearing white after Labor Day.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By comparison, Detroit had 293 murders last year with 690,000 people. Toronto has 2.7 million people.

Not belittling the current state, I think it shows what Michael is on about. Yeah, thing are changing for the worst. But up there, it still bothers you guys and you seem actually interested in fixing it. Here, everyone has just given up.

I mean we, as a country, just sat back and watched our elected officials wipe their ass with the constitution and laugh in our faces about it.

Things up there may not be as awesome as they once were, but fuck if you don't have it at least 100x better than we do right now.

You still care.
Sure but the last time Detroit didn’t have triple digit homicides was when? WWI? Like I said, Toronto had less than 60 five years ago (wonder what happened that year to change things...).

Detroit and other places like it are also plagued by poverty, crappy local economies and small tax bases. Toronto is undergoing a boom that I struggle to find comparison for.

But yeah, we care! We’re banning legal handguns! All problems to be solved imminently!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaygug5hvne41.jpg

SPACE FORCE

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boeing is making junk planes these days.
According to Flightradar24, a tracking website monitoring the incident, the aircraft involved, a Boeing 767-200ER, is about 30 years old.

Initial report was about a wheel falling off and they had to circle the airport to burn off fuel.

According to Spain's main pilot union, SEPLA, the aircraft lost pieces of its landing gear on takeoff from Madrid's Barajas Airport. The aircraft has been forced to circle the airport for some time to burn fuel in order to reach the maximum allowed weight for making a safe landing.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Flightradar24, a tracking website monitoring the incident, the aircraft involved, a Boeing 767-200ER, is about 30 years old.

Initial report was about a wheel falling off and they had to circle the airport to burn off fuel.

According to Spain's main pilot union, SEPLA, the aircraft lost pieces of its landing gear on takeoff from Madrid's Barajas Airport. The aircraft has been forced to circle the airport for some time to burn fuel in order to reach the maximum allowed weight for making a safe landing.
Does Spain not allow them to just dump the excess fuel on a school?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Democrats couldn’t take step one in the election without totally fucking it up. There’s an entire cabal out there this morning blaming Mayor Pete for everything. There’s another blaming Russia. Trump is gloating. This is gonna be great!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Democrats couldn’t take step one in the election without totally fucking it up. There’s an entire cabal out there this morning blaming Mayor Pete for everything. There’s another blaming Russia. Trump is gloating. This is gonna be great!

This is not a party thing. Caucuses are dumb. I'd expand on this with supporting evidence, but it's totally unnecessary because they are just dumb. They were mostly done away with but have mostly been kept by states that are, you guessed it, dumb. When Florida is like "you all need to update your process," you have problems.

This will also ultimately have zero impact on the general election, so gloating while surviving impeachment only because of partisanship is pretty retarded. So, par for the course for this President.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will also ultimately have zero impact on the general election, so gloating while surviving impeachment only because of partisanship is pretty retarded. So, par for the course for this President.

I hope you're right eloco, but make no mistake, this has echoes of four years ago when the perception (some still say reality) is that Bernie got screwed by Hillary. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and last night went about as bad for the Democrats as it could.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hold your breath, I'm sure another appeal will be filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.