• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very stupid.

AOC should attend, but then give ol Donny boy the Bloodsport treatment...

b1Fll5.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AOC should attend, but then give ol Donny boy the Bloodsport treatment...

b1Fll5.gif
I mean, if she has to. There was that one Republican who called Obama a liar.

But he was there at least. This sets a god awful precedent on pretty much the last thing left with a bit of civility in American federal politics.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Democrats lost last time because Hillary couldn't resist dunking on Bernie after cheating him out of the nom. It made the party look disorganized and fractured.

They have had four years to reflect on it and I cannot for the life of me how the thousands of people that have looking at strategy right now, not one seems to have come up with the idea of simply presenting a unified front. They have even gone as far as to let another NYC billionaire to just wander in to the race to muddy the water.

The Republicans are always going to have ~40% of the population. The gun fetishists, the homophones, the bible thumping pearl clutchers, Tax evaders, the hardcore racists... As long as they pretend to care about those single issues for the single issue voters, they will always have those votes. That way they only have to fool 11% more. And that's without the Electoral College giving voice to rocks and coyotes.

Democrats have to straight up get 51% out of the remaining 60%. Bounding around like a couple of monkeys trying to fuck a football isn't going to work. And it will get worse the longer it goes on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if she has to. There was that one Republican who called Obama a liar.

But he was there at least. This sets a god awful precedent on pretty much the last thing left with a bit of civility in American federal politics.

Screw civility, when civility is capitulation to an abusive criminal. Trump hasn't earned civility because he hasn't given it. He's going to to up there and lie and boast, and he doesn't deserve even the presence of a congresswoman he's mocked and degraded and even told to leave the country at every opportunity, for every mild criticism or difference of opinion or perceived slight. She doesn't owe him anything, even in the name of civility, and her protest against his abuses is peaceful and appropriate.

Trump trampled on the Constitution, brazenly, openly, boastfully. The Republicans in the House and Senate were widely derelict in their own oaths. Not a single Democrat should show up. They don't have to, and their presence is complicity in every lie he'll spew, every moistly slurred insult.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impeachment was a bad idea.

Impeachment isn't a good idea or a bad idea. It's a tool which is to be used when it's called for, irrespective of political risks. To not impeach would be to condone his actions. It would set a precedent of allowing actual criminal behavior at odds with the nation's interests from the office of the president.

What impeachment will ultimately have accomplished is an outing of the lawlessness of the Republican party. Just need to get the evidence out into the public consciousness accurately and clearly and responsibly in time for the elections.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impeachment isn't a good idea or a bad idea. It's a tool which is to be used when it's called for, irrespective of political risks. To not impeach would be to condone his actions. It would set a precedent of allowing actual criminal behavior at odds with the nation's interests from the office of the president.

What impeachment will ultimately have accomplished is an outing of the lawlessness of the Republican party. Just need to get the evidence out into the public consciousness accurately and clearly and responsibly in time for the elections.
This is all great in a world without politics.

Impeachment was a bad idea. I honestly don’t get why people are still trying to play the morality card when the other team gave that shit up 20 years ago.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don’t get why people are still trying to play the morality card when the other team gave that shit up 20 years ago.

it's not a morality card. He broke the law using his office to further personal interests, in multiple ways mind you. His chief of staff literally told us there was a quid pro quo but that it wasn't illegal. Oops. It's really not a question of whether he did something wrong (he did), or illlegal (he definitely did), but whether this is high crimes or misdemeanors (pretty hard to make a case it isn't, not that the Rs in the Senate are even considering that).

Fuck waving that off with your morality card argument. That's horseshit. ...And almost as dumb as the time you said inevitable 2020 Norris winner John Carlson had peaked two years ago.

Your judgement and logic are irrefutably poor. I also question YOUR morality..

Not that you'll read this, because you do NOT man up when you're wrong. You turn tail. Intellectually weak. Morally weak.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with the impeachment process. If people can watch that and think better of the president - that's on them, not the decision to impeach. It was the right thing to do.

And honestly I don't see it having a long term positive effect for trump.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with the impeachment process. If people can watch that and think better of the president - that's on them, not the decision to impeach. It was the right thing to do.

by the time the election rolls around Trump will have done a dozen more impeachable things anyway.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
- a confirmed case on a cruise ship, 3,500 now quarantined somewhere off of Japan. Some idiot took his excursion time in Hong Kong to go visit a local hospital.
Make that now 10 confirmed cases on that cruiseship.
Thank a lot, asshole. Stay away from the buffet.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know how him being able to campaign on “I WAS TOTALLY VINDICATED BY THE SENATE IN THE HOAX IMPEACHMENT SCAM” won’t be a positive for him. I mean, his approval ratings spiking to its highest for his entire term during what’s supposed to be his worst moment in office is, at the least, ominous.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Oxycontin addicted prolific racist who traffics in underage prostitutes can receive the Medal of Freedom because he speaks nicely about an Adderal addicted prolific racist who partakes in underage prostitutes (and probably wants to fuck his own daughter)...

YakovSmirnoff.jpg

AMERICA! WHAT A COUNTRY!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how him being able to campaign on “I WAS TOTALLY VINDICATED BY THE SENATE IN THE HOAX IMPEACHMENT SCAM” won’t be a positive for him. I mean, his approval ratings spiking to its highest for his entire term during what’s supposed to be his worst moment in office is, at the least, ominous.

But he wasn't. And the people that would listen to that and believe him would probably have voted for him anyway.

Maybe, but it was a poll of a little over 1000. Not tiny but not a huge sample either. If anyone answered the poll in his favor out of him being persecuted - I think that will wear off by November.

Basically I think certain outlets / journalists are setting up to blame the impeachment process if Trump is elected for a 2nd term. Its my personal opinion if he wins a 2nd term he would have anyway, even without the impeachment process.

If no impeachment process he would have claimed the decision not to was a vindication as well.....

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he wasn't. And the people that would listen to that and believe him would probably have voted for him anyway.

Maybe, but it was a poll of a little over 1000. Not tiny but not a huge sample either. If anyone answered the poll in his favor out of him being persecuted - I think that will wear off by November.

Basically I think certain outlets / journalists are setting up to blame the impeachment process if Trump is elected for a 2nd term. Its my personal opinion if he wins a 2nd term he would have anyway, even without the impeachment process.

If no impeachment process he would have claimed the decision not to was a vindication as well.....
Gallup is a pretty reliable poll service, no? This isn’t like the Rasmussen ones he usually cites.

We all know his supporters are going to support him no matter what. That’s established. What isn’t established is whether those supporters will get off the couches in their double wides and get to the polls. If he can rile them up enough to do that it could swing the balance especially since the Bernie nut jobs are already looking for excuses to stay home again in November if their lord and saviour doesn’t win the nom.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make that now 10 confirmed cases on that cruiseship.
Thank a lot, asshole. Stay away from the buffet.
I bet that scavenger hunt game is going to be off the hook!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallup is a pretty reliable poll service, no? This isn’t like the Rasmussen ones he usually cites.

We all know his supporters are going to support him no matter what. That’s established. What isn’t established is whether those supporters will get off the couches in their double wides and get to the polls. If he can rile them up enough to do that it could swing the balance especially since the Bernie nut jobs are already looking for excuses to stay home again in November if their lord and saviour doesn’t win the nom.
Gallup does fine work. It's still not a huge sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.