• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd drop this here.

I believe that all of those countries, with the exception possibly of France, have better health metrics than the USA.

ENsZ4p9WkAM5dPq
Does that include pharmaceuticals? Wondering how Canada's private share is so large.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that include pharmaceuticals? Wondering how Canada's private share is so large.

I was wondering the same thing. But I'm assuming that has to do with imaging and lab services, which are publicly paid for but privately owned. My best guess.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd drop this here.

I believe that all of those countries, with the exception possibly of France, have better health metrics than the USA.

ENsZ4p9WkAM5dPq
I think by most criteria, France is considered to be on of the top ranked systems in the world. Depends who is doing the rankings, methodology, etc., but at one point (2010-ish) when the WHO did a ranking, they had France at #1.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by most criteria, France is considered to be on of the top ranked systems in the world. Depends who is doing the rankings, methodology, etc., but at one point (2010-ish) when the WHO did a ranking, they had France at #1.

Groundskeeper Willy chimes in...

w1IlmWy.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. I hadn't heard that. They were a bit of an unknown to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big story that no one seems to really be talking about:
Deceased GOP Strategist's Daughter Makes Files Public That Republicans Wanted Sealed

The guy was the GOP strategist behind the NC Gerrymandering (and several other states). Emails, maps, everything. Hie sued his own daughter years ago trying to take away her kids. Now that he's dead, she got his computers.

And she is dumping it on the Internet for free.

And if you go looking, be forewarned. In addition to blatant corruption and total disregard for the lives and opinions of anyone who isn't white, he has some documents that appear to be an erotic novel he was writing focusing on kidnapping and raping young boys. Like those evangelical Christians always seem to want in their leaders.

Oh, and what she has released isn't everything. There are some things she sent directly to law enforcement. Federal law enforcement. After making copies, of course.

Spectacular lack of foresight to not write his daughter out of his will after trying to take away her kids. I mean, how could he have not seen this sweet, sweet, well-deserved revenge coming?

If we're going to be stuck with corrupt criminals in public offices, they could at least have the decency to be good at it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the latest of a series of recent allegations about the Academy Award-winning actor, actress Veronica Warren revealed Thursday that Tom Hanks was extremely kind to her on the set of the 2006 film The Da Vinci Code.

“He gave me half of his sandwich when he saw our food supply was running low,” said Warren, who was only 17 at the time. “And it wasn’t just one instance. The entire time I was on set he repeatedly exposed himself to me as a thoroughly decent human being.”

Warren is just the latest actress to tell her story, coming just days after Zoe Tanowitz recounted the time Hanks entered her dressing room and performed an impromptu song and dance number for her birthday. Actress Georgia Moreno, Hanks’s co-star in The Green Mile, noted last month that the actor would regularly force himself upon the crew, insisting on helping them clean up equipment after shoots.

https://bluerockpublicradio.com/ano...accusing-tom-hanks-of-being-nice-f4eec3485206

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spectacular lack of foresight to not write his daughter out of his will after trying to take away her kids. I mean, how could he have not seen this sweet, sweet, well-deserved revenge coming?

If we're going to be stuck with corrupt criminals in public offices, they could at least have the decency to be good at it.

I'm sure the Alex Jones/Qanon/conspiracy theorists/sitting president of the United States of America bunch will have some doozy theories to explain all of this.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen it written a few places that they were totally estranged and the guy forbid his wife any contact with the daughter and grand kids. Everything was left to the wife who is the one who gave the data to the daughter when they made contact with each other after his death.

Hell hath no fury like two women scorned.

And this guy actually said once that re-districting was great because it allowed the politician to pick the voters, not the other way around. Sounds like a real peach. Shame he died before facing any real consequences for being the biggest asshole who ever lived.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen it written a few places that they were totally estranged and the guy forbid his wife any contact with the daughter and grand kids. Everything was left to the wife who is the one who gave the data to the daughter when they made contact with each other after his death.

And this guy actually said once that re-districting was great because it allowed the politician to pick the voters, not the other way around. Sounds like a real peach. Shame he died before facing any real consequences for being the biggest asshole who ever lived.

So you're saying he sought to control his wife without considering her wishes, and didn't pay enough attention to realize she might communicate/share with their daughter when he passed?

Yeah, that tracks.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it is a sad story that the daughter learned of her father's death by reading about it months after it happened.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flight aware has them over Sochi right now.

edit: it has the readings as estimated so who knows - also of note the plane is a 737
I dunno, there’s some video circulating claiming to show the crash.

FR24 is saying it’s gone off radar still.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one of two things happened here, both of them pretty much worst-case:

1) Something shot that plane down amid all the craziness happening right now. Crashed shortly after take off from a civilian airport so it doesn’t seem likely unless Iranian guidance systems are completely terrible, which, well...

2) A 3 year old 737 just went the fuck down and the aviation world is about to be turned completely upside down even more than it has been thanks to the MAX issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.