• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...And honestly they might be in even bigger limbo with the best looking QB being our 3rd string guy that Kubiak said is quickly catching up to the other 2 guys in this competition.

I still think though if we are going off what we saw today and from reports from camp Siemian is our starter. He has protected the ball better than Sanchez and just seems to have better ball position with where he throws it. Very accurate QB just needs to be a bit more aggressive to keep the defense backed off and obviously has some work on reading a defense.
I can give a little break for starring down receivers and Lynch of course even more but Sanchez after this many yrs in league is still doing it with such consistency, scares the bell out me. Lots of pics headed his way if he can't even look off the safety for God's sake

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I would start Lynch against Rams see how he plays with 1's.

I'm torn on this. I think he has earned it with being the best QB for us so far in preseason. At the same time I would probably go with Siemian as he is the more likely starter for us week 1 and need to get him ready. Lynch will get his chances later in the year but I would rather him sit a few weeks more to get a little bit quicker in what he is doing.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the 9er game, and at this point, I hate the idea of Siemian or Sanchez starting ..

After Siemian threw the pick 6, he was rattled and completely taken off his game - and that, to me, is the last thing you wanna see .. The guy has no presence out there, and while he seems to operate quietly and methodically, he has no fire, and the entire game was turned when he went into his shell ..

The idea of sitting Lynch would make sense if this were 4 years ago with Manning, but it is obvious that neither Sanchez or Siemian would even make it to the end of the season as the starter

GARY, DO IT NOW

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Zaire Anderson and Jordan Taylor looked awesome

Taylor has a very unique game, with his size and steady, smart play

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another positive (just trying to get away from the QB position a bit) is that our run game did look good yesterday. We averaged just under 5 yards per carry with none of our RB's averaging less than 4 yards per carry. And within that I can only remember maybe one negative run on the day.

If we can get our run game going then things should be a bit easier on whoever is starting at QB.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the O-line look? The projected starting line? I'm still more worried about that than the QB. A good line enables a running game that will be the QB's best friend. If the line is as bad as last year we may have some issues.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the 9er game, and at this point, I hate the idea of Siemian or Sanchez starting ..

After Siemian threw the pick 6, he was rattled and completely taken off his game - and that, to me, is the last thing you wanna see .. The guy has no presence out there, and while he seems to operate quietly and methodically, he has no fire, and the entire game was turned when he went into his shell ..

The idea of sitting Lynch would make sense if this were 4 years ago with Manning, but it is obvious that neither Sanchez or Siemian would even make it to the end of the season as the starter

GARY, DO IT NOW
Nailed it. Paxton is the only qb who looks like he wants it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I feel about throwing Paxton to the wolves this early from a confidence level going forward. Might be too early.

But we may not have a choice.

We know what we have in Sanchez. A guy who can sling it but is also a turnover machine. I feel he isn't really what we need at QB right now.

We still aren't sure what we have on Siemian as he has such little experience, but he does know the offense and his check downs. We may have to give him another shot with the 1's then make a decision from there.

At this rate Paxton will end up starting before long, but it is probably too early right now. I know many rookie QB's now come in and start from day 1, but they are in a much different situation then Lynch.

I am a little torn on what to do here and I hope Kubiak makes the right call.

I did not get to watch the game yet, but seems we were a bit sloppy which is obviously common in preseason. I think we got a little spoiled from the Bears playing so poorly last time around.

Honestly, I think it was good for us to lose this game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez looks to have turnovers in his DNA .

Problem with Sieman is once DCs get tape on him he may be a sitting duck with all those 3-4 yard outs. CBs will sit on that and guys like Marcus Peters will take them to the house.

He threw nothing down field last night.

Elway made his bed and now I think he has to roll with Sanchez. Sieman just doesn't look like he can lead a football team and turtled once he threw that pick 6. You always want to see how someone responds after a bad series and he failed. The team just imploded. If Kubiak was all over Brock for not taking control of the team in the SD game wonder what hes saying today to his QBs.

I would be static if they could wrangle McCown from the Browns.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a guy like McCown would have been perfect to groom Lynch behind.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez looks to have turnovers in his DNA .

Problem with Sieman is once DCs get tape on him he may be a sitting duck with all those 3-4 yard outs. CBs will sit on that and guys like Marcus Peters will take them to the house.

He threw nothing down field last night.

Elway made his bed and now I think he has to roll with Sanchez. Sieman just doesn't look like he can lead a football team and turtled once he threw that pick 6. You always want to see how someone responds after a bad series and he failed. The team just imploded. If Kubiak was all over Brock for not taking control of the team in the SD game wonder what hes saying today to his QBs.

I would be static if they could wrangle McCown from the Browns.
If Lynch proves he can handle the offense, we won't need McCown.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have signed Henry Melton to give us some experienced depth on the DL.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melton was real good before he tore his ACL... Hopefully he is stronger then ever as that was a few years back. I think this could be one of those underrated signings. He will be even better being around the guys we have here. Wade Phillips had him for a short time in Dallas after he left Chicago.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching that I am completely convinced Lynch is not ready.
- Several passes were either flat footed or off his back foot. Not good mechanically, showing he needs work still in his drop backs and to not get lazy and sloppy with his footwork.
- Several passes not even close or forced into areas where first string defenses would take the ball away.
- Most every pass was from the shotgun, which will not be the norm in this offense. I realize they were behind and had to pass, but he will have to be under center a lot in this system.
- Definitely a project. The talent is overwhelming, but he isn't ready to be a starting NFL QB today.
A bit harsh on my part, yes, but watching every throw put where he stands into perspective.

The Broncos have the most to lose with Lynch if he gets over his head to early. We set the franchise back years if we david carr him.
Kubiak and Elway have said over and over again "We’re going to do this right", which means they respect the problems in play with a talented rookie phenom. He could develop bad habits, such as rabbiting, locking onto WR 1, or panic in the pocket and take off without keeping his eyes down field. We may see Lynch this year, and there is no doubt he is big strong and a baller out there, but I feel like we have the most to lose throwing him out when he is not ready, even with the piss poor options we currently have outside of Lynch.