• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB
-----
Harris
Talib
Roby
Webster
Doss

Do we keep a 6th with Nixon or do we store him on the PS (He may not clear waivers though given his interest last year)

If that is the case BJ Lowery could end up on the PS.

We've never come close to this in terms of a CB depth chart, and it feels GREEEEEEEEEEAT! Normally we are having a hard time finding a good #2 let alone 3 4 and 5, sometimes even a good #1. Add in the luxury of having Justin Simmons as our #3 S, this secondary is really darn right dirty good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy I agree with you. I would rather keep these guys around not only for depth but because of what they contribute. And heck you never know say we do have an injury and they come in and show well then maybe they go get the big contract and we still get a Comp Pick in the deal anyway. So we get the production plus the draft pick. Elway has been masterful in that because we have built up such great depth that we can afford to let players walk and just keep retooling.

Now to me Hillman is the only one that maybe just maybe could garner some interest that we would be interested in actually trading. WE have the depth and from what I understand the Broncos are hoping this Saturday to really showcase his skills in the hopes that if there are some serious injuries (as there usually is that 2nd and 3rd week of the preseason) that maybe somebody would want to trade a late round pick. At this point yeah it would be great to get another pick but we should have possibly 10 picks in the upcoming draft anyway so not too worried about getting a 7th round pick for a guy.

Some other interesting notes from yesterday that I've been hearing is that Darrion Weems is destroying people out there. Never even heard of this guy until the last few weeks but people have been impressed with his movement skills and even heard a few saying that he is our top guard on the team even over Garcia. That would be huge to have added such a player like that but we shouldn't be shocked as Elway seems to find these types of players.

Also DC I do agree that players over exaggerate how healthy they are and Wolfe should miss a week or two to let it heal but I do know that after the MRI the team had a sigh of relief as it was a lower ankle sprain instead of the higher ankle sprain. So a week off should get him close to 100% again. I would give him 2 as we already know what type of player he is. No reason to play him the rest of the preseason and really we don't need him to practice to know he will be a great player for us. Give the younger guys a chance to showcase what they have and fight for the new spot opened up by Walker's injury.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also with Latimer especially he still has 2 years on his contract. We have no clue if Sanders will be here beyond this year. Latimer is showing enough promise right now that if Sanders were to leave we might still have a star that can step in for at least another year and take over that #2 WR. So when you add in his Special Teams skills and blocking skills to me it is a no brainer that you keep him unless a ridiculous offer comes in. Right now I can't see anybody offering more than a 5th round pick and well that is nowhere near worth it.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote NO to trading Latimer or Webster

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few notes from today so far...

1) My guess is Siemian will get the start. They had the players do the introduction video and Siemian was the QB picked to do it this wee by the team. Usually only starters do these videos.

2) First player in for Wolfe today is Kilgo. Very nice to see our team have such versatility with most of our NT's being able to also play DE.

3) Will Parks had a very nice interception today. That is his 2nd in the last 3 main practices. We might have something special with our rookie Safeties moving forward!

4) No noticeable limp in Wolfe as he is walking around but not practicing today.

5) Fights seem to be the name of the game today. Of course our back up center Ferentz is at the middle of most of them.

6) 49ers playing much more physical today so we are not looking quite as crisp on offense as yesterday. Still making some plays just not airing it out quite as much as yesterday.

7) Really nice to see many of the national media guys coming to the defense of Bowlen. Adam Schefter even used the word "disgrace" when talking about them picking Jones over Bowlen. Hopefully some of these guys who made the decisions will have to finally answer for their decisions. Also just as a quick note almost all those who voted on the subcommittee were either East Coast reporters or reporters in Dallas. Only one that I know of was a reporter from LA. Nobody from the middle of the country was on the voting board.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after this next PS game we will really have a good idea of which QB will start. IMO it comes down to that game, if one separates himself over another or not we will see.

Will Parks is seeming to really pick up strides fast. Man our friggin DB's have me wanting to run through a brick wall right now. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shilo Keo is looking at going on our 2 game suspension list then probably being cut once that time is up, IMO. Unless something changes at S.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after this next PS game we will really have a good idea of which QB will start. IMO it comes down to that game, if one separates himself over another or not we will see.

Will Parks is seeming to really pick up strides fast. Man our friggin DB's have me wanting to run through a brick wall right now. ;)

Yeah I agree that this Saturday combined with the practices today and yesterday will probably decide things. Would be good for the team so they have a couple of weeks practicing together instead of just a week or so before our first game.

Also I am with you in I am almost giddy about our Secondary! I have no problem saying this but it could be the best secondary assembled in NFL history if these rookies keep living up to the promise they have shown so far and Talib can actually get back to full strength.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guessed right...Siemian has been named the starter. Siemian and Sanchez will each get about a quarter and a half with Lynch getting the 4th quarter.

So interesting question that I have heard arguments for both sides but thought I would pose it here. Let's say Sanchez is not named the starter for week 1...Do you cut him?

1 side--cutting him

Saves the team money that could go a long way in getting Sanders locked up long-term
Gives Siemian and Lynch a nice boost of confidence that the team is running with the young guys
Saves a roster spot to keep a guy that would probably contribute more than a back up QB on the bench

2nd side--keeping him

Obviously if you don't think the Rookie is ready to step in if Siemian got hurt the very first play then always good to have the veteran who knows the system to fall back on
Sanchez so far has been a great locker room type guy
Keeps the pressure even more on Siemian to keep performing or be replaced by either the veteran or the rookie.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not sure I like hearing this...Kubiak said that Wolfe will be playing on Saturday. Obviously that means the injury was pretty minor which is nice but no reason to put him out there for a preseason game. Get a look at your younger guys.

He also said that he would like to make the decision on the QB after the game on Saturday. Huge game for these guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for your viewing pleasure well I will let the video speak for itself...

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guessed right...Siemian has been named the starter. Siemian and Sanchez will each get about a quarter and a half with Lynch getting the 4th quarter.

So interesting question that I have heard arguments for both sides but thought I would pose it here. Let's say Sanchez is not named the starter for week 1...Do you cut him?

1 side--cutting him

Saves the team money that could go a long way in getting Sanders locked up long-term
Gives Siemian and Lynch a nice boost of confidence that the team is running with the young guys
Saves a roster spot to keep a guy that would probably contribute more than a back up QB on the bench

2nd side--keeping him

Obviously if you don't think the Rookie is ready to step in if Siemian got hurt the very first play then always good to have the veteran who knows the system to fall back on
Sanchez so far has been a great locker room type guy
Keeps the pressure even more on Siemian to keep performing or be replaced by either the veteran or the rookie.
If I'm not mistaken, and I never am, either in press conference or Bleacher Report, Kubiack about a week or so before 1st preseason game already stated Sanchez would start vs Chicago and Simian would start next game. So just sounds like he's sticking to his earlier plan.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB
-----
Harris
Talib
Roby
Webster
Doss

Do we keep a 6th with Nixon or do we store him on the PS (He may not clear waivers though given his interest last year)

If that is the case BJ Lowery could end up on the PS.

We've never come close to this in terms of a CB depth chart, and it feels GREEEEEEEEEEAT! Normally we are having a hard time finding a good #2 let alone 3 4 and 5, sometimes even a good #1. Add in the luxury of having Justin Simmons as our #3 S, this secondary is really darn right dirty good.

Remember that we are unlikely to have Talib for some games at some point during the season. Another reason not to trade Webster.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, and I never am, either in press conference or Bleacher Report, Kubiack about a week or so before 1st preseason game already stated Sanchez would start vs Chicago and Simian would start next game. So just sounds like he's sticking to his earlier plan.

No he never said that. He pretty much said they would take this day to day and see who keeps rising to the top. So let's say Sanchez goes out and just blows everybody away that first preseason game and then comes back this week of practice with the 49ers and blows the coaches away again...My guess is he would be starting Saturday with the coaches making it very clear that he has pulled away in the competition. At this point though neither has really separated themselves. So that is why they are giving Siemian his chance to show well for himself with the 1's. My guess right now is that if Siemian plays like he did against Chicago then he will be named our starter moving forward. From what I have heard lately Kubiak is a huge Siemian fan and was the biggest reason we drafted him.

Actually on that note heard a really cool story about Kubiak and the draft. Back in 1995 Shanahan after the 4th or 5th round decided he was done with the draft and told Kubiak he was going to leave him in charge. Kubiak was a huge Terrell Davis fan and is the one who talked the others into taking him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he never said that. He pretty much said they would take this day to day and see who keeps rising to the top. So let's say Sanchez goes out and just blows everybody away that first preseason game and then comes back this week of practice with the 49ers and blows the coaches away again...My guess is he would be starting Saturday with the coaches making it very clear that he has pulled away in the competition. At this point though neither has really separated themselves. So that is why they are giving Siemian his chance to show well for himself with the 1's. My guess right now is that if Siemian plays like he did against Chicago then he will be named our starter moving forward. From what I have heard lately Kubiak is a huge Siemian fan and was the biggest reason we drafted him.

Actually on that note heard a really cool story about Kubiak and the draft. Back in 1995 Shanahan after the 4th or 5th round decided he was done with the draft and told Kubiak he was going to leave him in charge. Kubiak was a huge Terrell Davis fan and is the one who talked the others into taking him.

Don't say that to loud I and LGM have fought about this I told this over and over he says you and I are full of beans .. I say he is full of beans

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless TS pulls a Cassel and leads a Super Bowl to a winning record, he's just another guy waiting on the real QB to play in Lynch.

IMO, Both Sanchez and Sieman right now are backup types. Sanchez actually had a good night last Thursday converting 3 of 5 3rd downs with a TD while I think TS was 1 of 4.

3rd down conversion could very well be the deciding factor.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Chris. We just need to find a stop gap until Paxton is ready. Someone who won't turn the ball over, someone smart who can find the open windows. We have to have a good run game and play at the same defensive level as last year if we want a chance to repeat. We have a chance. I think it is gonna be another year of pulling hair out with our offense, but I do deep down feel the players who struggled last year will pick it up this year and we won't turn the ball over as much at QB if Simian is there whereas Sanchez I am not so confident in the turnover margain. None of the QB's have the leadership and ability to adjust like Peyton did to defensive calls last year, but we did win with a great D.

It was really pretty remarkable how this team played last year to win the SB. I don't know if you will see anything like it again. It's weird to think we could start Trevor Siemian a 2nd year 7th rd QB who was never impressive in college oppose to an elite NFL hall of fame QB last year, one of the top to ever play and it could actually be an upgrade?

Just weird to think of it like that in terms of production. You won't see that storyline everyday! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Siemian and Sanchez are marking time until Plynch is ready - and that should be some time this season (if they need him).

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian gets to right his own epitaph.. I damn well think he is a starter !