• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we can't afford another rough year on the OL. Ill be ripping my hair out.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I can understand that he didn't want to sit down and have Peyton come back in that San Diego game, but it wasn't the fact that Brock was playing bad," Elway said, via the Denver Post. "We needed a change of something. So I was a little surprised just how he seemed to be a little bent out of shape about that."

Elway continuing to fan the flames with Brock. For what reason I have no clue other than to me he's still a little butt hurt that Brock moved on and he is stuck with Sanchez and a year or more away from Lynch. I know in 1999 , Shanny felt the same way about Elway when he retired instead of going for a 3peat. Elway was persona non grata for a while around Dove Valley.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I can understand that he didn't want to sit down and have Peyton come back in that San Diego game, but it wasn't the fact that Brock was playing bad," Elway said, via the Denver Post. "We needed a change of something. So I was a little surprised just how he seemed to be a little bent out of shape about that."

Elway continuing to fan the flames with Brock. For what reason I have no clue other than to me he's still a little butt hurt that Brock moved on and he is stuck with Sanchez and a year or more away from Lynch. I know in 1999 , Shanny felt the same way about Elway when he retired instead of going for a 3peat. Elway was persona non grata for a while around Dove Valley.
The only butt-hurt I see comes from Osweiler, not Elway. And I can see the press being the ones to keep bringing this up. Elway's likely disappointed, but that's about it. The team needed a leader to bring them out of the funk they were in against SD. Oz didn't get it done. Instead of using that as a learning opportunity, he pouted. And that just makes Oz look even less of a leader.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In that interview you have to realize Elway was asks directly about the situation. Not like he just brought it up on his own. To me it is the Denver media that won't let it go. Now given Elway could have answered in maybe a different way but Elway is about as honest of a GM as you will find in the NFL. He came in saying he was going to be as transparent as can be and for the most part he really has done well with that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that interview you have to realize Elway was asks directly about the situation. Not like he just brought it up on his own. To me it is the Denver media that won't let it go. Now given Elway could have answered in maybe a different way but Elway is about as honest of a GM as you will find in the NFL. He came in saying he was going to be as transparent as can be and for the most part he really has done well with that.

They (the media) will continue as long as the current QBs are less than average (based on training camp so far).
Elway could have said we have moved on and are focusing on the upcoming season
His answer only continued to fan the flames and jab once again at Brock and he knows that it feeds the media.
DC picked a great game to see this year.
Texan to Elway may become what the raiders were to shanahan

It's all good unless Brock goes off in Houston and our QBs do not .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They (the media) will continue as long as the current QBs are less than average (based on training camp so far).
His answer only continued to fan the flames and jab once again at Brock and he knows that it feeds the media.

I'm not trying to say that Elway is completely innocent in this situation. I'm saying though that it wasn't like he just brought this up out of the clear blue. I do think he is upset with how the whole Brock situation went down. Brock before being drafted was a family friend. Heck he lived with the Elway's for a while from what I understand so then to just cut off communication like that was kind of a jerk move. Elway isn't a complete robot and does have his feelings hurt every once in a while. That situation is one that might sting for a while.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the odds on this happening are a bit low. Kyle Orton Jr. isn't going off without a lot of talent around him.
We can only hope so.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally prefer Elway's more honest approach to the canned, predictable Belichick-ian response. Makes Elway more relatable. Osweiler was the one who made the bed. Elway simply reacted appropriately. I see just as strong a possibility that Oz tanks in Houston, while Lynch becomes the QB Denver can count on for the next decade. Based on what I saw very recently, Oz is seriously lacking as a leader. Not what you want to see in a starting QB.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - Elway is setting Osweiler up - a comment like this only serves to make Osweiler's play more emotional - rather than more cerebral - a better match up for this Bronco defense. If Oz makes an early error - it will end like Custer's exit.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez continues his pick 6 ways with a pick 6 again in Saturday's practice and Siemian has not yet grown into the leadership that is Kubiak craves and sat Brock for last year.

Sanchez has all but been handed the job and he seems to not be able to keep his composure when the play goes off schedule. It may be in his DNA.

Lynch sacked 3 times in 10 dropbacks so I guess he needs more time to sit and learn.

Great article by Legwold

Here's the score in the race to be the Broncos' starting quarterback

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @CEH - that was a good read from Legwold.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were right on Cody Latimer as he was quoted saying

He was very nervous being around Peyton Manning, and that he is much more comfortable now. He said he was always worried if Peyton was gonna yell at him when he messed up.

That is part of football being yelled at but I see where he is coming from too. I think Latimer is one of those guys that you tell him to go run a certain pattern and if the ball is near him he will catch it, but if you expect him to adjust he struggled a bit. Keep it simple for him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were right on Cody Latimer as he was quoted saying

He was very nervous being around Peyton Manning, and that he is much more comfortable now. He said he was always worried if Peyton was gonna yell at him when he messed up.

That is part of football being yelled at but I see where he is coming from too. I think Latimer is one of those guys that you tell him to go run a certain pattern and if the ball is near him he will catch it, but if you expect him to adjust he struggled a bit. Keep it simple for him.

Yeah had read some of that. Very happy to see him really blossoming this year and just looking like the guy that made us take him in the 2nd round. He looks fast, looking like he has great hands, and just looks strong of snatching the ball out of the air. He could make us rethink signing Sanders long-term. I still would love to keep Sanders if at all possible but our depth at WR might allow us to let him walk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for some reason just was looking at our past 4 since they are the ones still on rookie contracts. It still amazes me how many people make the comment that Elway bought this past Super Bowl. I would say his draft work played just as much of a role in us winning that Super Bowl as anything else he has done. Heck the best player throughout the playoffs was a guy still on his rookie contract in Von Miller.

Anyway just looking at our drafts and the guys who are already contributing or expected to contribute this year on a more regular basis...

Honestly this is easily Elway's worst draft. Sly Williams is a starter and Kayvon Webster has been a nice special teams player and might get a little more playing time this year with Talib maybe suspended or injured but beyond those 2 guys the rest of the class isn't even on the team and some of them never played a single down for us.

Thankfully this class is looking like Elway really redeemed himself. We start with Roby who has the most star potential of this class. Whispers are starting that this kid if he continues the path that he has been going could become the best Corner in the NFL. Pretty good work for the 31st pick in the draft. Latimer looks like a guy ready for a break out year. Schofield maybe is finally getting it and could find a starting job at the RG spot. Paradis was our most consistent OL player last year and is the leader of that group. Nelson looks to have secured a roster spot. So only one player from this draft will not be a contributor this upcoming season in Lamin Barrow.

This is the class that we need to have shine for us to possibly have a successful season. Shane Ray is looking like he will be the starter opposite of Von Miller and is having a great camp and good first preseason game. Sambrailo please get healthy but could be a starter. Heuerman will be heavily featured this year. They seem very high on him. Garcia is already a starter for us. Doss is an emerging talent in my opinion. Kilgo just have to see if he makes this roster. Siemian could be our starting QB. If he is our starter and plays even as an average QB then this entire draft gets a huge bump. Nixon is a guy I keep hearing they really like and want to find a spot for him.

Honestly crazy to think but other than Elway's first draft in 2011 this might be the draft that does the most year 1 for the Broncos. Most years Elway's drafts are about the future positions that will be open so guys get a year to sit but Gotsis should get plenty of snaps in the DL rotation and looked really good in the first preseason game. Simmons might play at least 50% of the snaps on defense. Booker should be our #2 back and get maybe 100-150 carries this season. McGovern not sure what will happen with him. Janovich is already our starting FB and should get plenty of playing time. Parks most likely makes the roster but gets a year. Dixon just have to see if he wins the starting punting job. And then of course Lynch there is just no telling if he sees the field this year or not. Still looking like a very good group that could be huge contributors this year.

Mostly just posting this because I continue to be amazed at how Elway has built this team. I mean just 5 years ago we were the 2nd worst team in the NFL and maybe had the least amount of talent of any team. Just had our worst year in franchise history and then Elway steps in and day 1 has us competing with the top teams in the league. He has found talent so many different ways it truly is just amazing. I mean terrible teams in the league who have rejected players have them come to Denver and they become All-Pro level talent. We just don't see that very often in this league. Yet it has almost become expected by us as fans.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sounds like Camp is getting pretty heated today.

Offense has been winning a few more battles as the QB's have looked much better.

As you can see Vance Walker got hurt but still waiting to hear what all happened.

Siemian though has been hitting the deep ball quite a bit today.

An interesting fight did break out today. Chris Harris was in coverage against Sanders and somehow grabbed his helmet and ripped it off while in coverage pulling Sanders to the ground. Sanders of course was not happy and came up swinging at Harris. The two had to be separated by teammates.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tsk tsk tsk. Two vets.. Usually it is the young guy or the young guy vs the vet.

I love camp fights though as long as they don't go too far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tsk tsk tsk. Two vets.. Usually it is the young guy or the young guy vs the vet.

I love camp fights though as long as they don't go too far.

Sounds like Talib went over and talked to Sanders for a bit after the fight then Sanders came over and apologized to Harris. They hugged it out and are good to go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a guy that will quickly be a fan favorite here is Andy Janovich...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly really starting to get on the Siemian train. The more I hear from practice the more I just think he has been the consistent QB at protecting the football and has really started to get a great connection on the deep ball. Those are in my opinion 2 of the critical elements for the QB position this year. Going to be interesting if the coaches give him the start this Saturday.

Also does anybody know when the 49ers are coming to town to practice with us? I had heard they are practicing on Wednesday together for sure but didn't know if they were practicing more days than that.