• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried about standing pat before the deadline and having money to spend, but no one to spend it on. It's going to be awkward this summer if they don't commit now, even if only behind scenes and closed doors. Millsap and Al will be courted, jazz could be left without a dance partner. Loosing both seems bad to me, with Kanter and Favors. Seems like we need one vet to help them and provide balance and direction.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried about standing pat before the deadline and having money to spend, but no one to spend it on. It's going to be awkward this summer if they don't commit now, even if only behind scenes and closed doors. Millsap and Al will be courted, jazz could be left without a dance partner. Loosing both seems bad to me, with Kanter and Favors. Seems like we need one vet to help them and provide balance and direction.

I'm not.

Regardless of who stays or goes, they'll get some decent players via FA. Or if they don't, they should blame themselves for not being more aggressive in FA.

A good organization has all of their options planned out, then they make something happen.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chat: Chat with Chad Ford - SportsNation - ESPN

Bob Saget (San Francisco)

I cant believe the one team people thought would be active (Utah Jazz) and we havent heard a peep....
Chad Ford
(1:14 PM)

Then you don't know the Jazz. If a deal happens, even most of the staff in Utah will be shocked to hear it. Most "close to the vest' team in the league.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark (SLC)

Is it possible that the future point guard for the Utah Jazz is in this draft? If so which college player works out best with the Utah Jazz system?
Chad Ford
(1:35 PM)

Looking better and better. Smart, Michael Carter-Williams, Trey Burke, Lorenzo Brown, C.J. McCollum, B.J. Young .. a lot more first round PG prospects than we thought we'd have.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh (ID)

Is there anybody in college right now that can turn a poor NBA team around?
Chad Ford
(1:39 PM)

On their own? The way Derrick Rose or LeBron James did? No.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Ben Gordon's defense? Millsap and Bell for Gordon. And, their pick would be sweet.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like sources say he is little more than a shooter, so no bueno.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have money to spend in the offseason if no trades materialize. But, so are a lot of other teams. I think the Pelicans are set up nicely. Decent pick looming plus cash.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollingers playoff odds have us at 65 percent chance of making the playoffs now. Given that, do you suppose we will just stand pat? I don't know how lucrative cracking the post season is for a team. Say they slide in and get slotted for devastation again by the Spurs. 5 games at best. I wonder what that does to their bottom line. Then, see about Al. If all else, just go young next year and have the cash for the following with the potential of a decent draft pick.

There is no way to just get a pick from a team for Millsap, is there? Or, Jefferson for that matter. You have to eat the other teams 8-15 mil contract. Chances are slim that a bottom dweller would take the chance of just renting Millsap or Al unless there was a good chance they would stay. What about Paul to the Pelicans? Draft pick and expiring contracts. Paul's neck of the woods, so he might resign.

Or, resign Paul as the vet to glue the kids together.

Or, or. Damn it, I just want to see what the plan is.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just tried tinkering with the Hornets in trade machine and don't see it.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Kanter for a defensive minded young guard. Who needs length? Then resign Al or Paul to play along Favors?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollingers playoff odds have us at 65 percent chance of making the playoffs now. Given that...

I'll respond to the rest of your post next, but wanted to say, his playoff odds predictor is ridiculous. It projects us going 13-15, which is possible, but ridiculous for a prediction. Then, it has Houston, who is below us going 18-9. He gave the Lakers the same or better chance at making the playoffs when the majority of our remaining games were at home and the Lakers were doing their Grammy road trip.

I understand it's a computer formula, but the formula is dumb when it clearly doesn't take remaining home/away games into account. Just like his rankings, I suspect this formula (that no one sees) is strongly based upon scoring differential, when it is clear that a team like Houston piles on when up and a team like the Jazz plays their bench early.

For the longest time, and I checked daily, it had our projected wins at 41. Didn't matter if we beat Miami or won 5 in a row it didn't change. Even when the Lakers lost, theirs went up. I understand that you can get a loss out of the way, but if it's purely formulaic, these problems make it no better than me looking at the standings. Obviously, the closer we get to the finish line, the more meaningless it is.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[We are likely going to make the playoffs.]Given that, do you suppose we will just stand pat? I don't know how lucrative cracking the post season is for a team. Say they slide in and get slotted for devastation again by the Spurs. 5 games at best. I wonder what that does to their bottom line. Then, see about Al. If all else, just go young next year and have the cash for the following with the potential of a decent draft pick.

There is no way to just get a pick from a team for Millsap, is there? Or, Jefferson for that matter. You have to eat the other teams 8-15 mil contract. Chances are slim that a bottom dweller would take the chance of just renting Millsap or Al unless there was a good chance they would stay. What about Paul to the Pelicans? Draft pick and expiring contracts. Paul's neck of the woods, so he might resign.

Or, resign Paul as the vet to glue the kids together.

Or, or. Damn it, I just want to see what the plan is.

I could see trading Paul if he has more years for picks, cash, and expiring contracts... but what I HATED, and I can't overstate this, about the Jefferson trade with the Spurs proposal was that JEFFERSON IS AN EXPIRING CONTRACT and we were TRADING FOR EXPIRING CONTRACTS. And to a conference foe that we may see in the playoffs. Seriously, WTF? Why would we trade our top scorer for no benefit of our own to the rich-in-talent Spurs? Lindley still working for them? Just a bad rumor?

Nuraman already knows what I think about Duncan being lucky to have such supporting casts throughout his career and HOF coach, he doesn't need help and if we give him more help, he will still get all the credit! He's a great player, I just think people underrate the help he has and overrate what he does statistically for that team. Intangibles, I get that, you can talk about that all you want. He deserves it. But statistically? Don't overrate him!

And yes, I know, he helps his supporting cast get better like a lot of stars do, he demands a lot of attention, etc. but what does that have to do with not throwing the players that play with him a bone or two? Ginobli and Parker get their praise, but it seems to be in addition to the Duncan does everything and shits gold like media attention.

I have to add though, Duncan is a class act, he complains a lot on the court, but he's professional, typically not dirty or confrontational and does credit his team. I have nothing against Duncan, just the media.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like his rankings, I suspect this formula (that no one sees) is strongly based upon scoring differential, when it is clear that a team like Houston piles on when up and a team like the Jazz plays their bench early.

A good bench is supposed to pile on too. Expand the lead, don't maintain or shrink it.

There's a reason when New Orleans lost by 58 to Denver in the playoffs, Denver's bench did just as much damage.

When the Kings lost to NY a few weeks ago, the NY bench outscored the Kings by themselves.

There are teams around the league that have good benches like that.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I know, he helps his supporting cast get better like a lot of stars do, he demands a lot of attention, etc. but what does that have to do with not throwing the players that play with him a bone or two? Ginobli and Parker get their praise, but it seems to be in addition to the Duncan does everything and shits gold like media attention.

Duncan didn't make the ASG last year, while Parker was 5th in MVP voting. (Something that was reiterated during a national broadcast game that didn't involve the Spurs, within the past few days. So it mean they brought up the Spurs, and Parker, willingly.).

The media votes on MVP.

Ginobili was the only Spur to make All-NBA in 2010-2011.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good teams win by a lot.

Portland is in the same situation as the Jazz. They don't have easy wins, thus thus their playoffs odds are bad.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston has played the 2nd hardest schedule in the league (which means it should get easier).

Utah has played the 21st hardest schedule. A few more home games is balanced out by a harder remaining schedule.

And I think the closer to the end of the season it is, the more meaningful it is, as there's more data for it to go on.

As of now, the Lakers have played only 1 more home game than Utah, but have played the 5th hardest schedule overall, which means it should get easier.