• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start a Free Agency/off-season thread when the Jazz's playoffs are over, but for right now, I'll put stuff here. I have a draft thread already but this isn't quite the same. I feel there's more overlap with trades than draft.

NBA free agents in 2013 and 2014 - ESPN

2013 RESTRICTED
None

2013 UNRESTRICTED
Raja Bell
DeMarre Carroll
Randy Foye
Al Jefferson
Paul Millsap
Jamaal Tinsley
Earl Watson
Marvin Williams (ETO)
Mo Williams

2014 RESTRICTED
Derrick Favors
Gordon Hayward
Kevin Murphy

2014 UNRESTRICTED
None

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start a Free Agency/off-season thread when the Jazz's playoffs are over, but for right now, I'll put stuff here. I have a draft thread already but this isn't quite the same. I feel there's more overlap with trades than draft.

NBA free agents in 2013 and 2014 - ESPN

2013 RESTRICTED
None

2013 UNRESTRICTED
Raja Bell
DeMarre Carroll
Randy Foye
Al Jefferson
Paul Millsap
Jamaal Tinsley
Earl Watson
Marvin Williams (ETO)
Mo Williams

2014 RESTRICTED
Derrick Favors
Gordon Hayward
Kevin Murphy

2014 UNRESTRICTED
None

Shouldn't you also list other FAs, to see who the Jazz would want?

2013 NBA Free Agents | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're wraung, rong, wrnog, wronng! I shouldn't! (Speling, incorect, and rong should always be speled incorectly. Misspelled always must be speled corectly.)

Just kidding, I did provide the link above all that and that listed the FAs for all teams for 2013 and 2014. Your link is better, but it's there.

I didn't watch Scrubs regularly, but I liked it. I only watched random episodes when my roommate did, several years ago.

I liked the rivalry between the janitor and the main character.

I liked this one scene where the janitor asked J.D. for help on a crossword puzzle, and he asked to fill in the phrase "a ___ in the armor". J.D. responded with the phrase, just as an Asian doctor was walking by.

The timing on that sequence was good, and also given how I know the janitor and J.D. have a rivalry, it helps add to their history of dislike.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch Scrubs regularly, but I liked it. I only watched random episodes when my roommate did, several years ago.

I liked the rivalry between the janitor and the main character.

I liked this one scene where the janitor asked J.D. for help on a crossword puzzle, and he asked to fill in the phrase "a ___ in the armor". J.D. responded with the phrase, just as an Asian doctor was walking by.

The timing on that sequence was good, and also given how I know the janitor and J.D. have a rivalry, it helps add to their history of dislike.

That phrase got ESPN in trouble last year. During the Linsanity days, they had won like 5-6 in a row and then lost to Miami, the best team. The editor titled the game summary, that title on the front page of the NBA section of ESPN, "a chink in the armor" with a picture of Lin. He tried to cover it up by saying it was just a knight metaphor - but there was no real reference to that in the article, just a title. Are readers supposed to fill that in themselves? I normally don't care for PC stuff, but that seemed over-the-top - 1 loss? If the Knicks were the New York Knights, then fine. Even though, I don't trust the guy to not be saying something stupid. Wait for a losing streak and then blast the Medieval references on high.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Clippers, utah Jazz to talk Eric Bledsoe for Paul Millsap, sources say

Why are we bent on making the rich richer? We might be facing the Clippers this postseason (not that I think we'd beat them).

That makes the Clippers worse. What are they doing to do with a guy that can't guard (Millsap), while giving up one of their better defenders (Bledsoe)?

Not to mention, Bledsoe is more valuable because he's on a rookie contract, while Millsap is a pending FA.

It makes the rich poorer, and makes an average team slightly better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes the Clippers worse. What are they doing to do with a guy that can't guard (Millsap), while giving up one of their better defenders (Bledsoe)?

Not to mention, Bledsoe is more valuable because he's on a rookie contract, while Millsap is a pending FA.

It makes the rich poorer, and makes an average team slightly better.

So? Just kidding. If the Clippers think that'll make them better, I don't want to do it, just let Millsap's contract expire. I basically don't want to trade with anyone in the western playoffs. I would rather have the money to spend on popcorn. Unless they're willing to trade that Paul guy.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Just kidding. If the Clippers think that'll make them better, I don't want to do it, just let Millsap's contract expire. I basically don't want to trade with anyone in the western playoffs. I would rather have the money to spend on popcorn. Unless they're willing to trade that Paul guy.

The goal of a trade is to improve relative to all other average teams (for the Jazz). A trade should be made if it accomplishes that. Just get the best deal. East or West, that stuff is temporary and short term.

I don't think these proposed Millsap trades do much, so I wouldn't do them.

Fitting Bledsoe onto a team is tricky. He's better AND more valuable than Millsap, but the fit takes a GM who has a plan.

I don't think the Clippers think Millsap makes them better, but they do Kevin Garnett. Maybe they're throwing Millsap's name out there to drive a better bargain from Boston.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope not. Since the Jazz have gotten the Spurs former personnel man, there needs to be a moratorium on trades with the Spurs unless it's overwhelmingly in the Jazz's favor. I'm only kidding, but I don't want to help the Spurs this year or ever. It's nothing against the Spurs, just the playoffs. The Jazz have no shot in the playoffs, but you have to make moves that's either great for the long term or good for this year. With the expiring of contracts, I don't see how this is good unless we know we don't want Jefferson AND want Splitter and know we can get a goo extension of him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal of a trade is to improve relative to all other average teams (for the Jazz). A trade should be made if it accomplishes that. Just get the best deal. East or West, that stuff is temporary and short term.

I don't think these proposed Millsap trades do much, so I wouldn't do them.

Fitting Bledsoe onto a team is tricky. He's better AND more valuable than Millsap, but the fit takes a GM who has a plan.

I don't think the Clippers think Millsap makes them better, but they do Kevin Garnett. Maybe they're throwing Millsap's name out there to drive a better bargain from Boston.

I like your last sentence and you're right in the first three paragraphs, too. But since I'm not the GM, I don't want them trading with the playoff teams.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to consider is whether trading for Bledsoe and extending him is a better use of cap space than signing a FA outright this summer after letting Millsap walk.

Also, having Bird Rights to Bledsoe is good.

There's also a 0% chance that Millsap would resign with the Clippers, because he wouldn't start, so they would have given up one of their assets for a rental, thus hurting them long term.

I think the Clippers won't trade Bledsoe midseason, unless it's for KG, so he probably could be had during the offseason. However, I'm not sure what the Jazz would have to offer him. Also, though, at least that way they can go after their preferred FAs, then try making a trade for Bledsoe. Unless they like Bledsoe more than some preferred FAs.

Also, the Jefferson to Spurs rumor is better than some of the rumors I saw when the Clippers had Camby. Back then, it was Camby for Bonner, because "Camby was being wasted on the Clippers". LOL. The Jefferson trade, for the Jazz, is a little less insulting than what the Camby trade would have been for the Clippers, although they're both pretty bad for the team trading with the Spurs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to consider is whether trading for Bledsoe and extending him is a better use of cap space than signing a FA outright this summer after letting Millsap walk.

Also, having Bird Rights to Bledsoe is good.

There's also a 0% chance that Millsap would resign with the Clippers, because he wouldn't start, so they would have given up one of their assets for a rental, thus hurting them long term.

I think the Clippers won't trade Bledsoe midseason, unless it's for KG, so he probably could be had during the offseason. However, I'm not sure what the Jazz would have to offer him. Also, though, at least that way they can go after their preferred FAs, then try making a trade for Bledsoe. Unless they like Bledsoe more than some preferred FAs.

Also, the Jefferson to Spurs rumor is better than some of the rumors I saw when the Clippers had Camby. Back then, it was Camby for Bonner, because "Camby was being wasted on the Clippers". LOL. The Jefferson trade, for the Jazz, is a little less insulting than what the Camby trade would have been for the Clippers, although they're both pretty bad for the team trading with the Spurs.

Clips send Bledsoe to Boston, Boston sends Rondo to Utah, Utah sends Milsap to Boston, Boston sends KG to Clippers. Clips send someone to Utah that we want.

:) Oh, an no, I don't care if other teams are happy or if it's plausible. Rondo can get >11 assists and that's my MO, regardless of whether there are better things we need.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Just kidding.

Edit: It won't let me save nd send you the link, blasted!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuraman, do you like any of these trades? I still haven't figured out my insider, so I can't tell you what they are, but here's the link:

Seven trades that should happen

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep logging in, hoping to see some news. Same old though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep logging in, hoping to see some news. Same old though.

You mean trades? Or more interesting posts by us? Or both?

I know you've probably said over the past few weeks, but who do you want gone and who do you want here? Should we get Josh Smith now if Nuraman says they would be good to get him as a free agent?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think, am I crazy? In my opinion, we should go get him: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...-celtics-available-trade-unlikely-sources-say

Trade Marvin Williams and Raja Bell: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aoch3ur

Why would Boston do it?: The Trade Machine suggests they'll win fewer games, but Boston has lost Rondo for the season anyway and they are winning without him. They apparently are looking to deal him, so he's not in their long term plans, per se. Marvin Williams and Bell are expiring contracts. Boston can then trade Garnett for Bledsoe, a PG-capable player.

Why Utah should do it: Yes, he's injured this year, but Marvin Williams isn't that productive. If he leaves, it gives minutes to Hayward and Carroll. We need Mo back, Tinsley, and Watson this year anyway, so the fact that he's a PG is irrelevant for this year. We might be looking for a PG this off-season anyway that fetches the same annual salary, but Rondo's deal is only two years beyond this one - a good period for trial.

I want someone who can average 10+ assists. He's done it for three years straight. It might be hard here, without knowing who we're going to have, but it's a start.