• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few Questions

Do you guys think the Jazz will trade anyone before the deadline? If so, who?

Should the Jazz trade anyone before the deadline? If so, who? Try to be realistic for both teams, here is the NBA Trade Machine

For fun, any unrealistic but under-the-rules trades? Here's mine, purely so I could align rooting interests. NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Mine was not a basketball trade, it was because I have friends and family from Taiwan (I'm not Taiwanese) so I'd love this unrealistic trade because I could just root for the Jazz - and we get rid of Raja Bell's contract.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I want assisting point guards.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Yes, I know, they need someone to pass to and score, but so what?

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the top scorers. Note though, the Jazz don't increase their winning while everyone else gets worse. If I subbed Kobe for LeBron, there would be a net gain for the Jazz.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I might get a serious trade in a bit, just having fun.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One with all the blockers. (We can only have four team trades and I was sticking with the Jazz, rather than trading three team's players to another with a top 5 blocker already on the team - same with the above with assists and points.)

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I'm going to stop for now until someone else wants to add one, and will probably be a more serious one later... or maybe not.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO they don't.

They need someone who can defend, and they got it, with two defensive guards.

Wait, now or hypothetically after this trade?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, now or hypothetically after this trade?

After the trade, of course. They have lottery defense now.

The good defensive guards are Rondo and Paul.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the trade, of course. They have lottery defense now.

The good defensive guards are Rondo and Paul.

Well, duh. This has not been my week. Sometimes I respond without thinking. This is probably why you say I'm a robot when that actually is you. Robots should be more accurate, but they can also respond without thinking if the manager messes with the controls.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, duh. This has not been my week. Sometimes I respond without thinking. This is probably why you say I'm a robot when that actually is you. Robots should be more accurate, but they can also respond without thinking if the manager messes with the controls.

So the new lineup should be:

Paul
Rondo
Hayward or Marvin
Millsap
Favors

That will have 3/5 of the lineup as good defenders. Maybe Hayward and Marvin are average defenders too, not sure.

I think Rondo can still get rebounds from the SG spot.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN suggests that dealing Steve Nash would be good for the Lakers. Obviously, Nash was thinking title when he went there, but he could come here to retire. I heard we had a good PG one time. ;) We should trade Raja Bell to LA so that he has to play or sit on the bench with Kobe. Yeah, that won't help the Lakers, but who said this was about helping them?

Seriously though, it sounds like you guys are happy with Mo and Tinsley, but all I hear about it trading Jefferson and how we need a PG. That's what I hear from others anyway. Is Nash too old, would this be too much (and probably losing Watson) too much? I say yes, but just to put it here. Mo will get healthy, Nash will get injured and older. Plus, this says we lose three games and they benefit by 4.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=asg6ms5

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hang up was, why does either team trade their expiring for expiring. Just throwing it out there though.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor that the Spurs are interested in Al for Splitter, Jackson and spare parts. A couple guys on the espn board think we will be great sans Al, especially based on tonight's display from Derek and Enes.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor that the Spurs are interested in Al for Splitter, Jackson and spare parts. A couple guys on the espn board think we will be great sans Al, especially based on tonight's display from Derek and Enes.

I like Jackson, especially if he starts.

Splitter, I feel like every year, I expect him to take the reigns and be better than he is. I know the Spurs have Tim Duncan, but I think if he were really so good, he would have found a way to play more.

I'd rather get rid of Millsap.

Two problems if Jefferson is gone:

1. No number 1 scorer.

2. Still no guard scorer. Jackson is a complimentary guard score, but it's been years since he's been able to be the best swingman.

I don't see this as solving problems, unless a YOUNG decent guard comes back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor on a local station about this trade:

Utah sends Al Jefferson to San Antonio for Tiago Splitter, Stephen Jackson, and Patty Mills. The first two from San Antonio are on the last years of their contract. Mills has two years. Each year is 1 million.

What's the point of trading someone who has one year left but gives you the same or better chance of winning for others that don't help and don't free up more money? We'd actually take 88k more and have Mills for 1 more year. Keep Jefferson and let his contract expire or trade for someone we want, right?

I'd be happy to change my opinion if you guys have any input that gives a better reasoning for the trade.