• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Offer

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12tm, half ppr
2 RB, 2WR, 1Flx

My WRs and RBs:
Adams/Thielen/DJM/C Davis/Gage
Jacobs/J Robinson/David Johnson/RoJo/Lat Murray/McKinnon

His WRs and RBs:
Thomas/Golladay/Hollywood/Jeudy/Tate/Deebo
Fournette/Dobbins/Howard/Darrynton Evans/D Harris

He showed interest in David Johnson earlier, so I offered Johnson + DJM for Mike Thomas. He countered with straight up Josh Jacobs for Mike Thomas.

thoughts?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12tm, half ppr
2 RB, 2WR, 1Flx

My WRs and RBs:
Adams/Thielen/DJM/C Davis/Gage
Jacobs/J Robinson/David Johnson/RoJo/Lat Murray/McKinnon

His WRs and RBs:
Thomas/Golladay/Hollywood/Jeudy/Tate/Deebo
Fournette/Dobbins/Howard/Darrynton Evans/D Harris

He showed interest in David Johnson earlier, so I offered Johnson + DJM for Mike Thomas. He countered with straight up Josh Jacobs for Mike Thomas.

thoughts?
I don’t think it makes you better.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made the right offer but I wouldn't take his counter.

I'm feeling the same way. His only really strong RB's are Jacobs and Robinson, so he would be getting weaker at RB if he takes this offer. I'm lukewarm on David Johnson and the other guys.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Still think you turn that down. Your WRs may not be top of the line and Adams health issues are worrisome, don't think it would be wise to add yet another player that has a injury question, especially at full price. Think you can get by with the WRs you have and/or find a better trade.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the decline, I'd have done the same..and I'm still kinda believing in DJ.

I don't think you can take the counter though, fair as it may be. Just doesn't really change much for you, just switches your strength from RB to WR...which you know I'm never in favor of :)

Maybe Robinson and a WR? Maybe hell buy high?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try Thielen instead of Moore? (with Johnson)

I'd prefer Jacobs straight up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd counter with what TKO suggest above (Thielen and Johnson for Thomas). You give up a little bit better receiver so he might bite at that though I doubt it considering he countered with a RB, indicating he's really interested in RB help. With that info, maybe swap Robinson in for Johnson if you really want Thomas. But I'd try the first counter and if he refuses, just let it go.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same league, new trading partner -

Just got offered Julio + Chris Thompson for David Johnson.....

might just counter for Julio straight up for Johnson, I don't want Thompson, don't think he's a true cuff to robinson

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same league, new trading partner -

Just got offered Julio + Chris Thompson for David Johnson.....

might just counter for Julio straight up for Johnson, I don't want Thompson, don't think he's a true cuff to robinson

can't you just accept and drop Thompson?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't you just accept and drop Thompson?

wanted to give him the chance to retain Thompson since he's hurting for RB help.

he accepted Julio for David Johnson, I actually like that deal more than the Mike Thomas one I offered.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the decline, I'd have done the same..and I'm still kinda believing in DJ.

I don't think you can take the counter though, fair as it may be. Just doesn't really change much for you, just switches your strength from RB to WR...which you know I'm never in favor of :)

This from the guy who owns him but won't part with him for less than .a very rare, shiny penny (1943D copper no less) ..... hummm.
FYI - only 13 made

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try Thielen instead of Moore? (with Johnson)

I'd prefer Jacobs straight up.

I'd counter with what TKO suggest above (Thielen and Johnson for Thomas). You give up a little bit better receiver so he might bite at that though I doubt it considering he countered with a RB, indicating he's really interested in RB help. With that info, maybe swap Robinson in for Johnson if you really want Thomas. But I'd try the first counter and if he refuses, just let it go.

This from the guy who owns him but won't part with him for less than .a very rare, shiny penny (1943D copper no less) ..... hummm.
FYI - only 13 made

sent David Johnson packing for Julio, running Adams/Julio in my WR spots should be deadly once they're both back to 100%

think I'm going to see if the Thomas owner is still interested in getting a deal done - Thielen + RoJo seems kinda low-ball, but he does have Fournette and Dobbins as his starting RBs right now

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - only 13 made
Haha, well, it is Michael Thomas we're talking about here, thats a shiney penny. You come at me with M. Thomas, I'll give ya Robinson and Cooper, no problem ;)

I'm banking on Monkey's league mate not being as savy as our own "crafty Lefty"

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wanted to give him the chance to retain Thompson since he's hurting for RB help.

he accepted Julio for David Johnson, I actually like that deal more than the Mike Thomas one I offered.

Yeah... next deal I think though should involve upgrading RoJo, not using him to upgrade another WR spot.
(unless he would accept that for Thomas, of course)

:2cents:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... next deal I think though should involve upgrading RoJo, not using him to upgrade another WR spot.
(unless he would accept that for Thomas, of course)

:2cents:

agree, but was also willing to patch together whatever garbage needed at RB2 spot if I could roll Adams, Julio, Thomas out in my WR and Flex spots, lol