• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Larry Fitzgerald?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be able to get a linemen for Fitz and a pick. Look Peterson is going to be paid a lot we need to get ready to pay him and lock him up. Don't give me that shit oh let's honor Fitz please......... We cut Adrian Wilson on a cheap salary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people continue to believe this nonsense. It's all ESPIN rumor and innuendo. The same exact rumor was floated & spread by ESPIN in 2011 before Fitz signed his new contract.

Lol @ "multiple league executive sources"

When Fitz signed his new contract in 2011, it was already known that after the 2013 season his salary cap hit would balloon & would need to be restructured. Both Fitz & Graves said as much at that time.

The Cardinals have plenty of flexibility to create cap room even without restructuring Fitz's contract. Colledge is likely gone after this season, which will save $5mil. Docket can easily add a year or two onto his remain 2 years & drop his cap number by $5mil. Brinkly can be cut & save another $2 mil. That's even before we get to Fitz's contract.

The rumored possible trade packages make zero sense.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season, the idea of trading Fitz is generally ridiculous. But without knowing the trade, it's hard to rule it out completely.

The idea of Floyd being a #1 WR is not one that sits well. He seems to thrive being that second option and benefitting from Fitz double teams. Who would even be the #2 WR at that point? Andre Roberts is completely useless (what happened to this guy??). Housler can't be relied upon. Stink Palmer has enough problems...take away Fitz and I shudder to think....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is right. Rumors were completely shot down today by our GM, as expected.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Fitz will retire a Cardinals. But we cut Adrian Wilson on a cheap salary man that probably hurts Adub.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Fitz will retire a Cardinals. But we cut Adrian Wilson on a cheap salary man that probably hurts Adub.

ADub couldn't stay healthy anymore , couldn't run faster than 5.0 second forty at this point, & could not cover anyone. That is why he is gone. There is a reason why the Patriots cut him as well. He was done. His body betrayed him. If he added 20 pounds of muscle, he might be able to have played a pass rushing OLB to finish his career. That was where he was at his best.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ADub couldn't stay healthy anymore , couldn't run faster than 5.0 second forty at this point, & could not cover anyone. That is why he is gone. There is a reason why the Patriots cut him as well. He was done. His body betrayed him. If he added 20 pounds of muscle, he might be able to have played a pass rushing OLB to finish his career. That was where he was at his best.

Sad though he couldn't at least retire here. He still played well at the end of the season I remember the game where he got himself into the 25/25 club he was still solid in the box. Still though couldn't cover anyone. Sign a day contract and have him retire a Cardinal.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really take Steve Keim at face value? How many times have GMs said that only to trade the guy the next day? He may be being 100% honest, but I'm not really buying it wholesale. He's saying the smart thing...if he doens't trade him then he's publicly made a statement about how Larry is untouchable which is obviously good if he's still on the team...and if he's traded, well, he lied and everyone basically forgets about it.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody from this staff has lied to us yet so I believe the guy. I think Larry also likes this coaching staff and likes where the organization is going. In fact there are several division the Cardinals could win but the NFC West is hands down the toughest in the league. Plus you won't get the value back in trading him.