• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve come to realize Poles doesn’t know how to price players with respect to draft picks. It’s glaringly obvious at this point. He doesn’t value picks as highly as he should. In other words he’s just like all idiot fans in here.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Warren lets Poles make this trade if Poles is to be canned.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think this is real. Or at least hasn’t been confirmed elsewhere.
Fuck that.....if its not 2nd,no deal......

Why would we give Sweat a ton of money at his age,but not give a top db and youner JJ his due........

Another fuck up??
Yeah, I have no idea if this has any legs or just one of those infamous internet trades being cooked up by armchair GMs. Make no mistake, I'm for keeping JJ and inking him to an extension. But as I've mentioned previously, if the Bears have no intention whatsoever of re-signing him, then hell they might as well get some sort of value in return. The worst scenario is we do nothing and he walks in the offseason.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no idea if this has any legs or just one of those infamous internet trades being cooked up by armchair GMs. Make no mistake, I'm for keeping JJ and inking him to an extension. But as I've mentioned previously, if the Bears have no intention whatsoever of re-signing him, then hell they might as well get some sort of value in return. The worst scenario is we do nothing and he walks in the offseason.
Well so far, so good:

So let's now get the kid inked to an extension and move on with other pressing needs.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No contingency extension for Sweat trade. It appears Bears plan to use franchise tag on him if they can’t sign him. Why not just wait til Sweat becomes a free agent then to sign him you ask? Only thing I can think of is the fear Washington would use their franchise tag on Sweat then. Otherwise I have no idea what our idiot GM is thinking

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit more on the no-JJ trade saga - from CBS Sports Josina Anderson:

I’m told that Johnson does not plan to engage in contract extension talks for the rest of the season.

Johnson intends to be a pro about the situation and planned for the possibility that he may not get traded.

I’m also told that offers were made for Johnson, but that some teams evidently felt the cost was too high.

Not thrilled at all if it's true that extension negotiations are off for the rest of the season. Doesn't mean we still couldn't end up signing him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he tests the open market. And if it's true that there were teams interested in acquiring JJ, but felt the cost was too high, I can't help but think Poles was shopping him for the 2nd rounder he gave up for Sweat, and maybe even then some.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt Sweat is talented but he's never had a double digit sack season despite being healthy for most of his career.

So....it's really hard to find much to like in this trade when you consider they are gonna have to pay him 18 mil + for a new contract.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit more on the no-JJ trade saga - from CBS Sports Josina Anderson:

I’m told that Johnson does not plan to engage in contract extension talks for the rest of the season.

Johnson intends to be a pro about the situation and planned for the possibility that he may not get traded.

I’m also told that offers were made for Johnson, but that some teams evidently felt the cost was too high.

Not thrilled at all if it's true that extension negotiations are off for the rest of the season. Doesn't mean we still couldn't end up signing him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he tests the open market. And if it's true that there were teams interested in acquiring JJ, but felt the cost was too high, I can't help but think Poles was shopping him for the 2nd rounder he gave up for Sweat, and maybe even then some.
My God I just want to be a fly on the wall and hear another GM tell Poles that they don’t want to overpay like he does while negotiating.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweat for a second, chase young for a third. Wow. Time to clean house.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve come to realize Poles doesn’t know how to price players with respect to draft picks. It’s glaringly obvious at this point. He doesn’t value picks as highly as he should. In other words he’s just like all idiot fans in here.
Or…They’re f*cking desperate because we’re historically sh*tty and embarrassing out there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweat for a second, chase young for a third. Wow. Time to clean house.
I’ve been reading the redskins board and it seems like sweat is the better player and young is just a better version of Ngakoue. Sweat is the better all around player and Young sells out for sacks.

I get it though, I thought the same thing when I saw what the niners traded for Young.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been reading the redskins board and it seems like sweat is the better player and young is just a better version of Ngakoue. Sweat is the better all around player and Young sells out for sacks.

I get it though, I thought the same thing when I saw what the niners traded for Young.

I think Sweat has been more productive and disruptive. Young has been more of a "when I feel like it" guy and Sweat plays hard all the time. That stated, if they don't sign him to an extension, this isn't so good in my estimation...almost as dumb as the Packers Douglas trade

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see a lot of fans on twitter saying the same thing. And the thing is....Warren was brought in to the run the business side of stuff and head up the stadium project. Like Ted Phillips...there's not much to suggest he is sticking his nose in football operations at all.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did the same thing and you're spot on. I trust Redskin fans take on all this being they've had a front row seat on how Sweat and Young have eached performed.

But I also want to bring up something that hasn't been discussed by any of us. When Poles took the GM job, he stated his primary objective was to rebuild the Bears thru the draft. Fine, he trades the likes of Mack and Smith for picks. But then he turns around and trades virtually a tail end 1st round pick for Claypool, and now at the very least a low-mid 30's pick for Sweat. Granted, Sweat in just this remaining half season should be exponentially more productive than the period in which we had Claypool. But where's that build thru the draft philosophy in action here? It's one thing if you're sending late draft choices for this or that player, even a rental. But a #32 pick last year and what should be a low-mid 30's pick this year? That's some valuable draft real estate to be sending away for a team that's nowhere close to being a contender.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of fans on twitter saying the same thing. And the thing is....Warren was brought in to the run the business side of stuff and head up the stadium project. Like Ted Phillips...there's not much to suggest he is sticking his nose in football operations at all.
Counterpoint: Sweat is a player that is interchangeable 4-3/3-4 if we change coaches or schemes this offseason

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counterpoint: Sweat is a player that is interchangeable 4-3/3-4 if we change coaches or schemes this offseason

Every pass rusher in the NFL is interchangeable. Some prefer to either stand or have a hand in the dirt. But all of them have a place in both systems.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every pass rusher in the NFL is interchangeable. Some prefer to either stand or have a hand in the dirt. But all of them have a place in both systems.
Well then you agree that if Poles gets his ass canned we can just move forward. So still on the table…God knows he’s making a strong case against himself at this point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there anyone who actually thought Poles would be canned? There is not a context here would that outcome makes sense. Unless he got MeToo'd or some shit.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sweat has been more productive and disruptive. Young has been more of a "when I feel like it" guy and Sweat plays hard all the time. That stated, if they don't sign him to an extension, this isn't so good in my estimation...almost as dumb as the Packers Douglas trade

Here's the problem though. Sweat now has all the leverage in the world knowing Poles *has* to sign him.